You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-26 03:31:19

linux_user

What fingers for Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Tab?

I like easy computer interaction; part of the reason why  my work is done using more of the keyboard and less of the mouse.

Until lately I have been executing Atl+Tab using my thumb (on Alt) and index finger (on Tab). This demands a larger movement of my left palm from it's default position (index finger on F key). Lately I figured it out that using the thumb (on Alt) and pinky finger (on tab) will not demand so much  movement of my palm on the keyboard.

On the other hand I do not see any better key-finger pairing for Ctrl+Tab. I have considered pinky (on ctrl) and ring/middle finger (on tab); right pinky (on right Ctrl) and left pinky (on tab) as well; but it doesn't seem to quite fit in the easiness of typing. Perhaps it needs time.

What fingers do you use to execute Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Tab?

Last edited by linux_user (2019-07-26 04:59:32)

"Blind faith to authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

#2 2019-07-26 06:24:04

twoion
ほやほや

Re: What fingers for Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Tab?

Alt+Tab: left thumb and ring finger.

Ctrl+Tab: left ring finger (ctrl) and middle finger (tab) (capslock remapped to ctrl).

Won't help you a) without my hands b) without a keyboard sized similar to mine c) without my remappings.

A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

#3 2019-07-26 06:38:46

linux_user

twoion wrote:

Ctrl+Tab: left ring finger (ctrl) and middle finger (tab) (capslock remapped to ctrl).

Always wondered why capslock was remapped to ctrl by most users and even had a discussion about it on BL forum years back. Now I know why! big_smile

I'll try the Ctrl+Tab out with Capslock+Tab. My pinky finger is pretty agile and strong, so I would go with my pinky finger and ring finger.  big_smile

#4 2019-09-07 00:00:08

THX1138

ctrl, left shift, #, comes more natural to me
hey wait. ctrl alt del is this some kind of windows thing?

The telephone is an antiquity - you never know who is calling, there is no image, it is an outmoded product which constantly disrupts work (Ralf Hutter (Kraftwerk)) ps: my wife knows how much I dislike being disrupted at Work - Ralf Hutter hit the nail on the head there

#5 2019-09-07 18:42:22

ohnonot
...again
Website

THX1138 wrote:

hey wait. ctrl alt del is this some kind of windows thing?

Apparently it was an IBM PC thing, so not DOS/Windows/MS.

#6 2019-09-18 02:50:32

linux_user

THX1138 wrote:

ctrl, left shift, #, comes more natural to me

And using it for toggling widows or tabs?

#7 2019-09-18 23:00:39

hhh
Meep!
Website

I always switch our BL Openbox shortcut for window switching from A-Tab/Alt-S-Tab to W-Tab/W-S-Tab and then use A-Tab for 'ShowMenu' (desktop management menu, ie "Add new desktop, Go to, etc...)

I also always switch the window controls Close/Iconify/Maximize from their Fn defaults (A-F3, etc...) to W-q/W-1/W-2

I switch firefox from W-w to W-b so I don't accidently start it when trying to close a window with W-q. tongue

Board footer