You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-21 20:15:33

matmutant
Member
Registered: 2016-07-19
Posts: 42
Website

back in business, and troubles

Hi everyone, hope everything's good on your sides!
There's a loooooong time i didn't post out there: last i had a device running Bunsenlabs was my old ASUS  1011PX.

I am writing from Panasonic FZ-M1 with an iKey keyboard, but I can't say it went that smooth as for the install:

Standard install failed because I couldn't load the proper wifi firmware: installer was complaining that iwlwifi-8265-22 to 36 were missing but i couldn't find any but 34 and 36 and it couldn't seem to get grabbed from the drive i've put them on.

As wifi was working out of the box on the live USB, I did not gave up there and tried the netinstall method from a barebone Debian as documented, for which wget got a 404 for some reason

wget https://github.com/bunsenlabs/bunsen-netinstall/archive/carbon.tar.gz

Strangely enough i  could get it from another device, put it on a drive, mounted and cp it to ~/
Install went smoothly from  there.

Next steps for me are :
1/ Find a way to enhance tablet mode (enabling on screen  kb, finding a way to trigger right click by touch)
2/ increase scaling a little
3/ checking if everything works properly (BT, camera, etc)

Offline

#2 2026-09-22 12:42:28

Sector11
Mod Squid Tpyo Knig
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 8,429

Re: back in business, and troubles

Welcome back.  Good luck.


Debian 13 Beardog hosted by SoxDog
Still a Conky 1.9er at heart.

Offline

#3 2026-09-22 18:47:47

matmutant
Member
Registered: 2016-07-19
Posts: 42
Website

Re: back in business, and troubles

Thank  you,

A little update on the topic :
- Bluetooth, mobile broadband are working flawlessly.
- Got gestures/scrolling with

export MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1

in .Xsessionrc and touchegg
- Increased DPI a little with

Xft.dpi=120

in ~/.Xresources

sooooo, seems this little 7" tablet is liking Bunsenlabs a lot!

Offline

#4 Today 12:27:04

matmutant
Member
Registered: 2016-07-19
Posts: 42
Website

Re: back in business, and troubles

So, to use my FZ-M1 as the tablet it was designed to be, I'd like to be able to access the virtual KB whenever I need it AND when loggin in.
I set up onboard as defaut kb instead of xvkbd I previously used but that should have any impact on the matter.
So I can access the KB whenever I need it (not only relying on Onboard "intelligent" behavior), I used the "A" programmable button (wasn't that straight forward as Panasonic programmable buttons are not exposed to the kernel directly, see my attempt at modifying tbtn driver)

By enabling accessibility in LightDM GTK Greeter, I can get to the KB when booting the machine and getting into the login screen, so far so good.

As I can't get it to come up when locking the screen, I tried to change the lock screen by default GTK greeter instead of xfce screensaver that doesn't seem to accept the display of the kb properly.

what I did :

mkdir -p ~/.config/bunsen-exit

copying the conf file to my home :

cp /etc/bunsen-exit/bl-exit.conf ~/.config/bunsen-exit/

modifying the lock screen command to :

#XORG_LOCK_SCREEN_COMMAND=(xfce4-screensaver-command --lock)
XORG_LOCK_SCREEN_COMMAND=(dm-tool lock)

But .... when I lauch bl-exit --lock or bl-lock, that is still xfce screensaver that comes up

Any clues?

Thanks !

Last edited by matmutant (Today 12:30:33)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB