You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-16 11:58:59

Zill

Re: Release ISOs

johnraff wrote:

... but nothing is installed automatically.

Sounds good to me.  Thanks for the clarification guys. smile

#27 2015-12-18 06:35:32

JulieRose

hhh wrote:

The next release is planned for late January at the latest. It's possible the ISOs will be named RC2, but we're shooting for Release.

We've decided to stay with jessie packages and have all new packages be opt-in only. You break it, you keep the pieces.

The one exception we're making is yad for zenity as the newest Bunsen scripts will depend on it.

It looks like the keyboard-switcher applet will remain installed but not configured. The jessie version has bugs and a backport for this is too much trouble. This is negotiable, I guess.

SOUND: pulseaudio is buggy in BunsenLabs. pulse seems to play nice with KDE and GNOME and its derivatives (MATE, Cinnamon), but not so much with Xfce, LXDE and  BL. The consensus seems to be that we should stick with what we have, all configuration updates included, and deal with issues as they occur. This is definitely negotiable.

There have been a few issues with the lock screen (light-locker). This is tough to troubleshoot because we also offer an xfce4-power-manager backport that laptop users get prompted to install during bl-welcome. Again, we'll probably stick with what we have and troubleshoot as needed, but suggestions are encouraged.

Please provide your feedback, and thank you for shopping S-Mart!

What kind of sound problems ? So when RC2 will show up there will be need to reinstall the whole system ?

#28 2015-12-18 07:22:45

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Sound issues seem to vary a lot from person to person - depending perhaps on hardware? Personally, I've never had any problems with Pulse Audio. That could be because I don't try to do anything particularly difficult with it...

Even when RC2 comes out there will be no need to reinstall your system if you just keep the bunsen packages up to date.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#29 2015-12-18 16:34:27

JulieRose

johnraff wrote:

Even when RC2 comes out there will be no need to reinstall your system if you just keep the bunsen packages up to date.

sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo dist-upgrade ?

#30 2015-12-18 17:26:02

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

^Yes. smile

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

#31 2015-12-19 01:45:39

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^^Not forgetting the 'sudo apt-get update' first. smile

Usually dist-upgrade is unnecessary, but after a major release jump some BunsenLabs packages will have new dependencies which wouldn't get installed without it.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#32 2015-12-19 08:30:18

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

^Oooops I did it again  ops. I promise that I read update instead of upgrade in JulieRoses post. See my signature for clarification.

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

Board footer