You are not logged in.

#51 2021-02-01 05:29:38

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Diodon or Clipit?

It looks as if parcellite has been patched and available in Bullseye.
I've installed it on a test system to see how it goes. Maybe this will do as default? The others are an apt-get away.

parcellite wrote:

Parcellite is a stripped down, basic-features-only clipboard manager with a small memory footprint for those who like simplicity.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#52 2021-02-01 15:07:16

sleekmason
zoom
Website

Parcellite looks decent. Started right up with a nifty tray icon to edit the clipboard, or clear.
Also, plenty of preferences to customize a bit. Nice find.

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-02-01 15:09:53)

#53 2021-02-01 21:19:48

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

Nice...thought Parcellite was dead as it was a pretty darn good clipboard manager. I may try to replace diodon with this on my Sid rig.

Last edited by DeepDayze (2021-02-01 21:20:56)

Real Men Use Linux

#54 2021-02-03 13:37:15

sleekmason
zoom
Website

There are some issues with Parcellite I think. I installed it to run in different wms, and noticed that when using Stalonetray, the icon stays at 64x64.  Assuming this is Parcellite not respecting the conditions set forth in the Stalonetray config.
Also, While thinking about it a bit, I decided to remove it from my Openbox autostart, but it still showed up in the tray?  Yeah, surely a mistake on my part.

Anyhow, could be wrong about the culprit here but seems there may be some small issues.

#55 2021-02-04 05:00:53

johnraff
nullglob
Website

*) Icon size issue I can't help with. It's working OK for me in openbox on Lithium.

*) Autostart: yes it installs /etc/xdg/autostart/parcellite-startup.desktop so doesn't need an entry in {bunsenlabs, openbox}/autostart That means that to stop it autostarting you can either 1) uninstall it, or 2) copy the .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart and add a line

Hidden=true

at the end.

#56 2021-02-04 06:02:32

ohnonot
...again
Website

sleekmason wrote:

the icon stays at 64x64.  Assuming this is Parcellite not respecting the conditions set forth in the Stalonetray config.

I don't think any clipboard manager respects the Stalonetray config.
It's likely an icon theme issue, but parcellite has an option to choose a different one. You could try just "clipboard" instead of the deafult "parcellite".

Please use CODE tags for code.
Search youtube without a browser: repo | thread
BL quote proposals to this thread please.
my repos / my repos

#57 2021-02-04 14:07:59

sleekmason
zoom
Website

ohnonot wrote:
sleekmason wrote:

the icon stays at 64x64.  Assuming this is Parcellite not respecting the conditions set forth in the Stalonetray config.

I don't think any clipboard manager respects the Stalonetray config.
It's likely an icon theme issue, but parcellite has an option to choose a different one. You could try just "clipboard" instead of the deafult "parcellite".

Clipit does as far as I can tell, unless clipit is using a smaller icon by default?

Rather disappointing as I liked the layout better in Parcellite.  Maybe I'll give it another shot and mess with the icons a bit.

#58 2021-02-04 14:12:44

sleekmason
zoom
Website

johnraff wrote:

*) Icon size issue I can't help with. It's working OK for me in openbox on Lithium.

*) Autostart: yes it installs /etc/xdg/autostart/parcellite-startup.desktop so doesn't need an entry in {bunsenlabs, openbox}/autostart That means that to stop it autostarting you can either 1) uninstall it, or 2) copy the .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart and add a line

Hidden=true

at the end.

Thank you. I wondered if this was the case as it is necessary for all of the lxde items.

Okay, with new information in hand from you both, I'll give this another go!

*Update - All good now:) Thank you both.  Using accessories-text-editor for the moment.

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-02-04 18:34:47)

#59 2021-02-10 10:38:46

JCN-9000

Hi
while my usage of clipboard is pretty low demanding, since I mostly never use history, I was struggling to find a tool that fully blends all selections types and clipboards together in order to paste them with mouse wheel or Shift-Insert.

I've tried parcellite for a couple of days, working fair, but has issues with triple click: full row selection mostly goes wrong.
I need to carefully time the clicks to get the selection recognized.
Anyone has the same feeling ?

Going back to xfce4-clipman.

#60 2021-02-11 02:13:27

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^useful feedback, thanks!

So it still looks like a toss-up between parcellite and xfce4-clipman for BL default?

Board footer