You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 20:27:27

Runion2

BunsenLabs Lithium not installing.

I downloaded the distro twice with the same result.

the computer is a LENOVO M91P 16GB Ram  I7 processor

This computer has repeatedly installed Distros with no problems.  It installed BunsenLabs Helium properly.

When attempting to install BunsenLabs Lithium, the install get so locating networks, the screen goes blank and all installation stops.

I was able to use Rufus to install as a LIVE distro on USB and can run from that, but cannot install from that or a Live DVD.

Have not found a work around.  If this is intentional, then I understand, if not, there is a glitch.    thank  you.

200421 1423

#2 2020-04-21 21:32:49

eight.bit.al

Re: BunsenLabs Lithium not installing.

See this post:
https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 30#p100030
and the one following it.

Please report back.

8bit

If art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time.

#3 2020-08-09 04:39:56

entobill

Getting very similar results on my Dell Latitude E6230 which previously had Helium and many other distros successfully installed. I have tried multiple downloads of the Lithium iso, and attempted install via both wired and wireless. Install sticks at the screen "Configure the Network" after i have already chosen my ethernet or entered my wifi info. The Live version works fine.

#4 2020-08-09 23:18:42

brogild

The solution to this is to disable IPv6 in the installer's grub menu.

Press TAB at the menu entry an then add “ipv6.disable=1” just before "-- quiet", then the installation goes fine.

Thanks to cog for coming up with this solution.

#5 2020-08-09 23:54:09

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

brogild wrote:

Press TAB at the menu entry an then add “ipv6.disable=1” just before "-- quiet", then the installation goes fine.

Good catch as I realized that there are older routers (or even ISP's) out there that do not support IPv6.

Real Men Use Linux

#6 2020-08-16 13:25:12

phuturism

brogild wrote:

Same issue on install for me using a Lenovo Carbon X1 first gen, this solved it.   The router is relatively new, a D-Link  DIR-612.   Mods, let me know if you want any specs/config on the router.

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

#7 2020-10-17 20:48:21

Blammo

Hi all. I am having same issues on a Razer Blade 2017 - installation script stalls at 'detecting network hardware' and even after entering ipv6.disable as instructed here, no joy.

For reference, I've been using Lithium from the testing ISO since back in Feb. I messed my permissions this morning and decided to reinstall from latest ISO and I can't get it going at all. The first ISO I used 7 months ago went butter.

Any thoughts on why disabling ipv6 isn't working for me as it does for everyone else?

Thank!

#8 2020-10-17 22:38:52

rbh

If you have óther problems than faulty ipv6, it does not helt you to disable it.

Are you installing withy wifi or cable? If wifi, use cable instead.
If on cable, use an usb-nic, known to work under linux, and atach cable to it.

Have yo made an internetsearch for "Linux your_hardware_profile"?
What about bootling live Lithium or Helium?
What about bootling live Debian?

Those answers, can you ask in other thread than bugreport.

Last edited by rbh (2020-10-17 22:57:59)

// Regards rbh

#9 2020-10-18 01:20:09

Blammo

I don't understand. I replied to a thread regarding install script not working, and I've mentioned what I've tried to get it to work. If install script isn't working due to ipv6, what could it be? How do I offer you info about what it might be?

I'm on a laptop with not corded option. It's either wifi or something other solution besides corded.

LiveISO works fine, networking is fine on Live. And as mentioned, I've used Lithium from a previous ISO for the past 7 or 8 months, no problem. Same install technique. Now I'm trying to install from most recent ISO and it won't detect my networking hardward during install script - however it works fine in LiveISO.

Is this not a bug in the script?

#10 2020-10-18 07:54:46

rbh

Blammo wrote:

I don't understand. I replied to a thread regarding install script not working,

It is not a bug in Bunsenlabs. A bug in Debian, is not much use reporting here. One wrong does not make another wrong right.
But, I am not a moderator, I just advised you.

I'm on a laptop with not corded option. It's either wifi or something other solution besides corded.

As I pointed out, you can use usb-nic, with jack for ethernetcable. It is a workaround I have been forced to use sometimes.

LiveISO works fine,
[...]
Is this not a bug in the script?

If the Debian installer works on a Debian iso, but not on Bunsenlabs iso, then it is a Bunsenlabs bug. Else, it is either a Debian bug or something else.

// Regards rbh

Board footer