You are not logged in.

#26 2020-04-02 13:15:29

rbh

Re: BL homepage

I was not wishing for myself. I visit BL startpage and forum daily.

I subsrcibe to relaseinfo from Some projetcs in SF.net. I am not intrested in more information than nwe realeses...

Probably there is other people having the same interest in Bunsen Labs. They do not want to register on the forum, just get info about new release.
Maby something to implement in the future...?

Last edited by rbh (2020-04-02 13:16:21)

// Regards rbh

#27 2020-04-04 04:10:25

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Another option for people who do not want to participate in the forum - we have an official Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/RealBunsenLabs
Most of the content is automatically pushed from the Announcements page which @twoion mentioned.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#28 2020-04-07 07:38:57

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

The BL homepage FAQ says there are a "BunsenLabs En Espanol" group on Google+. Since there are no more G+, this piece of information is quite redundant.

Sorry, did not know how to get the  ~ above the n in Espanol on my keyboard.  ops

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

#29 2020-04-10 08:14:15

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^Thanks for the reminder!
There might be some other details needing a tidy-up before long.

#30 2020-04-10 13:23:58

twoion
ほやほや

dolly wrote:

The BL homepage FAQ says there are a "BunsenLabs En Espanol" group on Google+. Since there are no more G+, this piece of information is quite redundant.

Sorry, did not know how to get the  ~ above the n in Espanol on my keyboard.  ops

Thanks, removed the link. A shame; this was pretty the biggest BL community outside of forums.bunsenlabs.org. Also a shame: https://web.archive.org/web/20190402122 … 9831191422 the g+ site is pretty much useless as archived by archive.org. Thanks, web 2.0.

Per aspera ad astra.

#31 2020-04-17 01:03:29

ututo

dolly wrote:

I used to be an admin there. Great community indeed. They moved to mewe. I don't know how it worked out 'coz I never joined again.

btw, I always have an ascii table around for those symbols. Back in the day we didn't have keyboards in spanish so we typed Alt+164 to get the ñ. Nowadays, there're two types of spanish keyboards (spanish and latin american spanish), same language, different layout.

BunsenLabs on deviantArt
Don't touch my git!

#32 2020-04-17 01:52:56

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Off Topic, but for people who only occasionally want to use a special character, the "compose" key can be handy. I have mine set to the CapsLock key, so to type a ñ I hit CapsLock then n and ~ (in either order).
é = CapsLock e '
etc (sorry I've forgotten where you can find all these)

You can set the compose key in autostart with eg 'setxkbmap -option compose:caps' but it seems unreliable. I prefer to put it in /etx/default/keyboard:

XKBOPTIONS="compose:caps"

You don't have to use CapsLock - a bit of googling will probably bring up the other possibilities.

#33 2020-04-17 16:37:58

Fromax

dolly wrote:

... Sorry, did not know how to get the  ~ above the n in Espanol on my keyboard.  ops

johnraff wrote:

Off Topic, but for people who only occasionally want to use a special character...

I don't know how things goes on other keyboards, but on my Danish keyboard, I just type [Alt Gr][~] and then [N] (deadkeys), which yields an ñ...
Likewise, [Alt Gr][,]+[C] yields a ç, [^]+[E] an ê, etc.
Aren't deadkeys available on all keyboards?

Linux user #348237
BunsenLabs | LMDE 4 | Linux Mint | Void Linux

#34 2020-04-18 04:43:19

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^I don't think so. I have no [Alt Gr] for that matter, only an [Alt_L], and Alt+~ then n just produced a plain n for me.
But the compose key (once it's enabled) looks equally simple.
CapsLock c , gives ç  (c and comma in either order)

#35 2020-06-16 21:11:45

misko_2083

The scrollbar is missing in Firefox-esr with the default forum theme.
Scrolling the mouse to boredom and the wheel is starting to make squeaky sounds.
OMG, it's aliveeee!
Scroll bar showing up with dark theme.

Што ни оштровиди ум сагледати не може - љубав превазилази.

#36 2020-07-20 19:09:36

rbh

Hi!

https://www.bunsenlabs.org/installation.html#downloads
Maybe it is favorable to list latest RC-iso as well?
At least when they are as well polished as then one fot Lithium is now?

https://www.bunsenlabs.org/installation … ed-install

For Debian 8 (Jessie) systems, you should use our Hydrogen packages. The repositories will stay available as long as Debian 8 stays the LTS oldstable release, however these repositories will not receive any feature updates.

It is some time now since jessie became oldoldstable... Maybe time to delete that text and Hydrogen repos?

Last edited by rbh (2020-07-20 20:19:25)

// Regards rbh

#37 2020-07-20 21:08:49

ohnonot
...again
Website

rbh wrote:

It is some time now since jessie became oldoldstable... Maybe time to delete that text and Hydrogen repos?

Yep.

The Debian Long Term Support (LTS) Team hereby announces that Debian 8
"jessie" support has reached its end-of-life on June 30, 2020, five
years after its initial release on April 26, 2015.

BL quote proposals to this thread please.
how to ask smart questions | my repos / my repos | my blog
---
Thank you for posting direct image links!

#38 2020-07-20 21:30:49

hhh
Meep!
Website

We're working on it, which is to say that @Johnraff is working on it. Last minute pushes, creating the CD ISO (done, brilliant), Release Notes, etc... We certainly were hoping to release lithium sooner than this, but here we are. No sense in asking @twoion to update the website for the RC and again for the Release. Just a week or two away now.

But yes, Hydrogen has gone bye bye, the website and forum should reflect that.

#39 2020-07-20 21:57:23

twoion
ほやほや

I've deleted the mentions of Jessie on the installation page. The repos are marked as unsupported but will continue to stay up for a while: <https://www.bunsenlabs.org/repositories … positories>

Per aspera ad astra.

#40 2020-07-21 16:56:04

twoion
ほやほや

misko_2083 wrote:

The scrollbar is missing in Firefox-esr with the default forum theme.
Scrolling the mouse to boredom and the wheel is starting to make squeaky sounds.
OMG, it's aliveeee!
Scroll bar showing up with dark theme.

The scrollbar on the white, default, Hydrogen theme should be blue (see right side). This works properly for Firefox ESR 68 as shown here, and on all newer Firefoxes including ESR78 and current stable. Haven't checked older ones because they are, by now, ancient. Can you confirm that you don't have a blue scrollbar either, your exact browser version and perhaps a screenshot?

30jfrf.png

Per aspera ad astra.

#41 2020-07-21 20:19:28

rbh

twoion wrote:

The scrollbar on the white, default, Hydrogen theme should be blue (see right side). This works properly for Firefox ESR 68 as shown here, and on all newer Firefoxes including ESR78 and current stable

Funny.
On my current box, in stable Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox, the scrolbar is grey. But in Firefox 78, it is blue.
But, the scrolbar works.

Last edited by rbh (2020-07-21 20:20:03)

// Regards rbh

#42 2020-07-21 20:36:55

twoion
ほやほや

rbh wrote:
twoion wrote:

The scrollbar on the white, default, Hydrogen theme should be blue (see right side). This works properly for Firefox ESR 68 as shown here, and on all newer Firefoxes including ESR78 and current stable

Funny.
On my current box, in stable Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox, the scrolbar is grey. But in Firefox 78, it is blue.
But, the scrolbar works.

As long as it's blue for me I don't care smile The CSS for that should just get ignored if it isn't supported on your platform. For example, Firefox on macOS will not support this in any version as to not disturb the 和 of macOS UI design.

I have applied this change only to Hydrogen (default theme) and Mercury (which I personally use). John suggested to delete a bunch of forum themes and it sounds like that would be wise as I'm not fit to maintain (or test) them except for Hydrogen and Mercury.

Per aspera ad astra.

#43 2020-07-22 02:54:39

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^Please keep Crunchbang too though! I'd be distraught without the darkness. yikes
(Or add a Lithium theme...)

#44 2020-07-22 03:47:03

damo
....moderator....

^ Yes, I'm still using the Crunchbang theme after all these years!

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#45 2020-07-22 08:19:43

rbh

johnraff wrote:

^Please keep Crunchbang too though! I'd be distraught without the darkness. :

I dont think twoion want to delete his own favorite: Mercury, which is quite dark.

BTW, it would be nice with a dark theme that works on the telephone. Now only default theme works.

// Regards rbh

#46 2020-07-22 16:30:17

twoion
ほやほや

rbh wrote:
johnraff wrote:

^Please keep Crunchbang too though! I'd be distraught without the darkness. :

I dont think twoion want to delete his own favorite: Mercury, which is quite dark.

BTW, it would be nice with a dark theme that works on the telephone. Now only default theme works.

Yeah it's the only theme with the responsive fixes (FluxBB default themes don't have them). Perhaps a combination of 1 light theme (Hydrogen), 1 BL-styled dark theme (Mercury - the BL logo on the website https://www.bunsenlabs.org/ is actually inspired by the colors from Mercury, so we'd keep a corporate theme, and I'd survive fixing this theme on mobile, too) and 1 legacy theme (Crunchbang - sorry this will never be fixed for mobile unless it already works because it's more complex than the FluxBB themes) would be the best strategy then. I'll do it if I have the time. Existing users will be switched from any other light theme than Hydrogen to Hydrogen and any other dark theme except Crunchbang to Mercury. Crunchbang users will continue to use Crunchbang. The change will be announced in News & Announcements when all is prepared.

PS. That reminds me there is also a half-done Helium theme but I will drop it, as it has never left the WIP state. It was supposed to mimic the www.bunsenlabs.org behaviour.

Per aspera ad astra.

#47 2020-07-23 02:39:02

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Mercury - sorry I don't like that at all. Very clunky-looking to me. I guess if it's functional then it's OK as a default.

A version of Crunchbang with the colours tweaked to match Lithium would be nice of course. Or, of course, a toned-down Lithiumized Mercury, with all the sharp edges smoothed over...

But it's not me who would be doing the work, so I'll be happy if CrunchBang continues to be available.

#48 2020-07-25 14:28:49

Nili
Website

I use DarkGrey from my login to BL, it's very calm and easy for eyes day and night. Wish it could be also such for a guest navigations or default.

Board footer