You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-13 19:27:22

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

Re: Removal of gksu/gksudo ... general discussion.

Fixing those complaints is simple:

~/.config/lxqt/lxqt.conf wrote:
[General]
__userfile__=true
icon_theme=Paper

Doubtless other prettification options avalable smile

Stops it adding to the debug file beside that one too.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

#27 2019-02-14 06:19:39

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

^Thanks, still somewhat saddened to see gksu on the ropes.

#28 2019-11-13 19:23:13

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Update:

In another thread, probably the completely off-topic one. Mentioned that I went ahead and enabled Stretch repo's in Buster and just went ahead and installed the gksu package from it. As a result, gksu/do cmds work as they always did in the OS.

I don need no stinkin pkexec !!! Least not yet anyway. smile

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-13 19:44:17)

#29 2019-11-15 06:24:57

ohnonot
...again
Website

It's a little sad that these kind of discussions break out whenever some basic software is getting replaced by the majority of distros.

I don't have any sort of emotional bond to my superuser GUI dialog, and I'm sure people who know more about these matters than I had their reasons for changing things.

#30 2019-11-15 14:46:11

clusterF

ohnonot wrote:

It's a little sad that these kind of discussions break out whenever some basic software is getting replaced by the majority of distros.

I don't have any sort of emotional bond to my superuser GUI dialog, and I'm sure people who know more about these matters than I had their reasons for changing things.

Intriguing you bring up an emotional response to a computer program in your first sentence then dismiss it with your second sentence??

"Common sense is like deodorant, those who need it the most never use it."

git: clusterF

#31 2019-11-16 03:15:17

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

^Yep also got to do it. That's a dang cope out, the "people who know so much more than me, yada, yada". What do YOU know, I'm not interested in what you think people who know, a lot more than you know, as it's clear you can't know that either. Whether they know it or not Ohno and in another thread John-san are friggin quoting something I'd said. Whereas are taking it out of context, in the one which I was applying it to, it's valid. It's this sucker post #11.

Yes Google Inc employs some of the best and most skilled/talented network engineers in the world. They and others did not set out on the task of implementing a new approach to congestion control and addressing short-comings in, or in whichever case spend all the time creating a new one for a specific usage scenario because Cubic is the only thing the world needs. (Google Inc says) Sure ... hey guys, although Cubic is perfect, let's spend 82 thousand bucks ( or 150 or 300k) and devote the time of some of the most talented in the field to fiddle with xyz ok. Yeah we know, absolutely unnecessary, really no point, Cubic is perfection and there couldn't possibly be alternatives and better ways to do xyz. Yep fella's we just have too much money and you guys aren't doing anything important here regarding admin'ing our global network and data centers, so what the hay, go waste some time, spend some of those 10's of billions we rake in yearly, fiddling with congestion control for absolutely no useful reason, that's a direct order. big_smile

However what they (previously named BL nixers)are saying is more like, I don't really know anything about this, people who do though yada yada. Did you ever stop and think the higher ups in geekdom know that anything/everything assoc with gnu/Linux and tech is painfully documented, someone can learn how it all works in intimate detail, should they be willing to invest the time/effort in doing so. So these mystic mighty geeks may think, hey all of this is well known, all of this can be config'ed for just about anything a user could possibly ever want to do. Thus whatever they(uber-geekdom)go with, even if it's a config setting from 20+ years ago. They may be thinking the end users of the world would actually be able to learn, gain knowledge and thus know how to config a system in 2019-2020 to be appropriate to their use. In this case that'd be desktop gnu/Linux and things in terms of technology have changed a bit since 1995. tongue

Anyway had to gripe about this. I don't mind opposing views but do prefer when those opposed to something actually know what they're talking about, not reference some unknown expert and imply that those people support their views, as again ... what do YOU know, who the hell are these Nix-ninja techno-experts you're deferring to ? I have my reasons for opting to keep using gksu, don't particularly care if anyone else does so. Though am noting that it's an option for those who do wish it so and it's overall good to know that things can be snagged from previous EOL repo's or archives etc blahblahblah. Also really anal nixers might think hey, I want it the way it was and I bet, hmmmmm. They might be reassured to see another nixer online 100% confirm it's working on xyz-distro release.

It's gnu/Linux, an almost infinite way to config it, according to each persons preferences and goals. Only time I'd waste my babble typing objection to something is if it's clearly a really bad idea from a technical perspective. That is going to cause issues (potentially serious one's) in terms of performance, stability, security etc etc. Otherwise don't care how someone goes about config'ing their installs. Many times don't even bother then, even if I know what they're doing is a horrible idea or foolish way to go about something. Depends on the person and context. Again, much of tech is black/white on the bottomline, it's not what someone thinks, they can KNOW, provided they invest the time and effort.

More on-topic babble: I have invested a tad of time in looking over the proposed changes, polkit, policy files, pkexec and admin:/// etc etc. and my feelings and findings on it at this point is that I don't like it and feel it's somewhat tarded. Thus am exploring alternatives and ways to config things as I prefer, while I digest the changes and thus learn how to re-config or control them in such a way as fits my preferences and needs. It's friggin gnu/Linux people, if you don't know about something, means you haven't spent the time/effort required. If you prefer is thusly great, if I prefer it another ... also great (for me.) Though do strongly feel what someone thinks, is obviously based on what they/you know, I don't come to a place to talk to someone's imaginary friends, to pointlessly debate with folks whose statements make it plain they don't really know much about a topic of discussion etc. Will readily admit when I'm unsure of something and considering the scope of a subject like gnu/Linux and tech, I'm going to be an ever-noob, even if I spend the remainder of my life 24/7 studying it. Will die, with much still to learn. Shrugs... end epic rant, just sayin. big_smile

#32 2019-11-16 05:09:31

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Epic rant cont: Lol ...

If the avg nixer thinks all these changes are being implemented with their/our best interest in mind, they really need to get their thinkers tuned up or put them babies in the shop or something. Redhat(now IBM), Google Inc, sheesh even M$ do not feel the sun rises and sets on the tiny amount of desktop nixers. The changes they implement meet their agenda, serve their interests. Am sure one of the thousands upon thousands of techies they employ collectively is waking up at 2:16am, feverishly jotting down some techie-tidbit and the whole while they're doing so, thinking hey that anon @Ohnonot guy I saw one time on a gnu/Linux forum is gonna luv this !!! big_smile

They've pretty much thrown aside the hey this is a community driven deal, this is all about the everywo/man, tech for all of humanity charade and it's now MUCH more openly an = This is getting implemented, this is being changed, you can and will accept it OR go use another platform, we really don't care what you think, prefer etc etc and any other associated nonsense, this is how it's going to be. END OF STORY. So many people may go, hmmmmm, looks like I got choices here.

a) Use what they allow me to, as is

or

b) Switch back to window$ or buy a Mac/OSX.

However people empowered with a more creative mind, abstract and critical thinking abilities may also go, hmmmmm. Nah ... I'm going to go with option c) and door number 3 !!! I'll gain enough know-how, knowledge and skills to figure out how things work. How to reconfig or fiddle enough with and all the alternatives which are available to me and set things up to be to my liking instead. Despite what any upstream Corp-overlords may dictate ! That's what real nixers do fellows. smile

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-16 05:11:55)

#33 2019-11-16 06:30:07

johnraff
nullglob
Website

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … bug=892768

gksu has been deprecated for years. The intent of gksu is to allow
running apps with elevated privileges but the recommended way to do
that is for the app developer to use PolicyKit to request elevated
privileges for the specific actions that need done instead of for the
whole app to run as root.

Yeh even I understand that, and can see that it's safer not to give a whole - last updated in 2010 - GUI root privileges, but only to the actual action you want to do.

Yes, any clever user is free to grab an old gksu and go on using it. Linux is about choice.

John

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

#34 2019-11-16 08:51:52

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Yep such has been noted by myself and others throughout this thread dude. Narrow minded people tend to see "security issue" plop, into the trash with this unmaintained software. Which incidentally they've been using since 2010 without the slightest problem ever occuring on their system(s). Anyway, it's one alternative of course are others some also mentioned throughout this thread. Explored using lxqt-sudo, it's available in Buster's repo's and it wanted to install 114 packages onto my install. NOPE ! Overwhelming majority never even bothered looking beyond the trigger word, security issue to find out what that actually meant, I DID, lol. I don't use virtualbox anyway, were going to use VM's will be Kvm = an actual real-full open source hypervisor. Also this was some "third party" virtualbox entension pack. If someone is running around  installing software from anywhere, everywhere onto their OS's. They've got heckuva lot bigger security problems than gksu fellows. big_smile

Such folks need foolproof gnu/Linux. They go to do something and the app (or terminal)says, no no no dummy, that's stupid, I'm not allowing you to do it. Locking computer for 10mins, lockdown in 5, 4,  now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done, 3, 2 ... 1." Again, folks don't bother even looking into polkit and policy files to any extent. How it works, what it does etc etc. Upstream says this is what we're going to use, this is what they're going to use and mostly never bother learning much about. Beyond what they absolutely have to, shrugs.

#35 2019-11-16 12:56:11

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Gotta do it cause it's funny.

Some random nixer ( probably a buntite)comes across some anon ppa or software repository. Finds one called ...

ROOTKIT_ULTImaTe_sYS_DEsTr0yER.deb (uploaded by ImmA_l33t_blkHAt.)

Oh cool, this thing destroys rootkits, better download and install this ASAP ! tongue

Good thing they made Gdebi harder to launch with priv's in some stuff eh ? This guy might've been in trouble otherwise. Whew that was close. big_smile

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-16 12:58:03)

#36 2019-11-16 13:31:25

clusterF

BLizgreat! wrote:

Gotta do it cause it's funny.

Some random nixer ( probably a buntite)comes across some anon ppa or software repository. Finds one called ...

ROOTKIT_ULTImaTe_sYS_DEsTr0yER.deb (uploaded by ImmA_l33t_blkHAt.)

Oh cool, this thing destroys rootkits, better download and install this ASAP ! tongue

Good thing they made Gdebi harder to launch with priv's in some stuff eh ? This guy might've been in trouble otherwise. Whew that was close. big_smile

That is the risk when installing unsigned packages from non trusted sources. First rule of thumb should be if it is not in the debian repos, why not? Then investigate upstream sources if any.

#37 2019-11-16 13:51:41

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

^ Correcto ... though anyone who's lived more than a few years, won't be surprised how uncommon, common sense really is. big_smile

Such a person and yep, there's a shocking number of them IRL probably already launches everything with sudo anyway, thus any safeguards, any related pkgs etc are mostly irrelevant regardless. The way polkit and the pkexec etc nonsense is/has been implemented in many things is just another symptom of what I'd been griping about in another thread. To radically change things like this vs what's long been used and is preferred by many nixers, desktop or otherwise, is just another sign of upstream going hey, screw you people. It's this way now, deal with it.

The amount of doc's, how-to's etc which whatever nixers put up regarding many a subject and the effort/time and energy which it represents just wiped away like so much trash. Really does make it plain which way the winds blowing folks. Certainly it could've been handled in a more seamless manner but again nope, we're/you're being told in no uncertain terms where we stand fellows. Debian usually moves at about the pace of a glacier, well except when things get rammed down their throat by upstream ie: Systemd.

For me I like gksu, think it was all of 1 pkg vs lxqt-sudo, wanted 114 pkgs and though I could alias the thing, typing lxqt-sudo kinda sucks too. Without completely locking things down and stripping peeps of admin powers, no OS can be rendered secure from a tarded or incompetent admin.

Many moves being made are certainly more appropriate to gnu/Nix in a enterprise, commercial setting though. Desktop gnu/Linux users are a far distant concern (if any at all)to the folks running the show upstream and have been for a very long time.

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-16 13:58:38)

#38 2019-11-16 14:13:48

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Ah no worries fellows, am not saying sky is falling, am not advocating the use of gksu so much either. Will eventually grok polkit + pkexec to a point where I likely don't care. Until then will continue to do as I like on my install(s.) Also wondering if they(Redhat) + others are going to do with this polkit-etc deal and Wayland what they did with systemd. I like systemd, are some good technical reasons for the thing as far as I'm able to understand and it's got some impressive features. Though the sure guys, there's alternatives (oh yeah name such which isn't a real pita to use?), don't worry we're gonna be backwards compatible for a long, long time.

From what I understand unless rewritten Openbox isn't going to work in Wayland, least not without the stupid Xwayland thingy. Again, wondering just how long that'll stay supported or choosing to use Xorg instead. Feature creep, hard depends etc etc ? As with systemd ? I've still got my sky is falling backup plan already laid out. Just in case. big_smile

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-16 14:14:46)

#39 2019-11-16 14:31:53

clusterF

BLizgreat! wrote:

Desktop gnu/Linux users are a far distant concern (if any at all)to the folks running the show upstream and have been for a very long time.

The average joe who runs a unix desktop for a bit of browsing and such is of no consequence to a multi tiered silicon valley tech giant with server farms and ai research facilities, then again it is probably in there best interest to placate such users to pull data from them. It seems the ultimate goal for modern computing is to in some ways create consumers first through data manipulation and then engineer education to further the goal of consumerism. Granted modern computing is not all this but a good portion today is about selling you the product at all costs. I digress, im getting OT here.

#40 2019-11-16 14:55:29

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Lmao ... yep, if you (or I) keep it up, let alone if others join in gonna have to change the title of this thing. To at least have some warning. ie: Don't enter thread without aluminum foil head-gear.

Everybody knows aluminum is much superior to tin in blocking out Corp-alien overlords mind probes and memory tappers. Hey ... it's a FACT. Google it people ! tongue Being a dork, don't want to even get off on this train(wreck) of thought. No longer have the energy or desire to drone on about this type of thing. Live long enough, ya learn resistance is futile and when life breaks your spirit, trods all ova ya dreams, hey ya just shrug it off and keep shuffling, one day closer to death. Though ya don't necessarily crap on everyone around you's dreams. Yeah, yeah ... sure kid, you can grow up to be president, yeppers, sky's the limit, blahblahblah. LMFAO !!!

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-16 14:56:16)

#41 2019-11-16 15:09:30

clusterF

^ Very Irish sentiment you ave there ? wink

#42 2019-11-16 16:07:47

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Aye laddie, am part Mick. Won't tell ya the rest of the genetic makeup. Ya never know when the aliens overlords are listening in.
Ahhhh, who needs dreams, passions and one of those pesky real life things !? That's what TV is for, ... speaking of, this movie isn't going to finish watching itself. tongue

#43 2019-11-17 04:48:17

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Different things are getting mixed up here.

1) The polkit thing about fine control of who gets to do what is probably more useful in a corporate context. A single user who can become root any time they want doesn't care.

2) Running graphics apps as root is basically less secure. Why should all those GTK libraries be running with root privileges just to draw something on the screen? Makes no sense. (Personally I try to avoid using sudo wherever possible. Just because I might make a mistake... It happens.) (Sure, X itself runs as root on most systems atm if you use a Display Manager...) So 'pkexec geany' makes no more sense than 'gksu geany' IMO, but we enable it in BL for those users who insist on a root GUI editor and file manager. When I'm feeling lazy I use it myself, but that's different from recommending it.

2a) But it's getting less necessary to run GUI apps directly as root, because more and more of them have their own built-in pkexec calls to a password window that pops up only when you're about to do the real system thing that needs root. Gdebi already does this. You can run it as an ordinary user and it won't ask for a password until you actually try to install something. Same with eg galternatives. Meanwhile Synaptic, Thunar and Gparted have their own arrangements so pkexec works right off, if you need to do that. (With Synaptic and Gparted there's no alternative atm.) So regular users hardly ever need to mess with pkla files. (We on BL have written some though.)

3) Gksu itself is long abandoned, with an already known, OK maybe obscure corner-case, bug, but who knows how many other vulnerabilities? There is a better (IMO) alternative.

Individual users are of course free do do whatever they like, at their own risk.

John

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

#44 2019-11-17 09:34:16

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

^ Hey thanks John-san, way you phrased that made some things a bit clearer for me too. They(upstream) do have to do what they gotta do, more like are going to and if I were in the same position as them would almost certainly be acting in the exact same way too. That being, we're the ones paying for this, we're the ones with the devs, maintainers and people who have the skills to do all this. So all such end-users way down-stream, sthu. Yep this is going to work like this now and that is now that.

Really can only gripe so much, why didn't they do xyz more smoothly, seamlessly, couldn't they have made this more consistent with backwards compatability whaaaa, sniffle, sniffle. End of the day the upstream efforts clearly focus on their agenda, their uses for the platform and it's the golden rule, they who have the gold and do the work, make the rules. Also obviously rules are subject to change w or w/o notice, shrugs. Though certainly do tend to give notice, I mean SysV getting the chop had been discussed forever prior to Systemd, same for Xorg vs Wayland, things supposedly been in development for 10+ yrs already ?

Ah anyway, thanks again for the interesting insights John-san. However ... my swappiness can still kick all heel out of your swappiness value dude! Lmfrikinazzoff ! Being de dork fellas. tongue

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-17 09:35:02)

#45 2019-11-17 09:53:59

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Random on-topicness:

Yep, majority of commercial and enterprise admin's are going to be VERY familiar with command-line, running and maintaining who knows how much, many headless thingy's which don't need/have X anyway. Guess such will have to be addressed for cloud computing, virtualization applications, X forwarding and all that jazz, mobile devices etc etc. Though outright system admin in an enterprise class scenario, many likely live in cli 97% of the time anyway. So revamping the security and containment/isolation of processes in this context is a clear focus. How that impacts us/me as a desktop user is to great extent irrelevant to upstream interests.

nother edit: Also fortunately gaming on gnu/Nix should have plenty of profit potential in it, so fortunate for us casual users, hopefully would mean they'll keep pushing for better graphics support and etc. Though again ... benefits derived for US, are going to be an after-thought or side effect of people trying to develop such for profit.

It's up to us/me to figure out ways to set things up as I prefer. Personally do like graphical tools for mucho stuff, including file managers and text editors to edit system files. Never took the cli challenge for any length of time, never explored cli file-managers to any extent yet. Though actually need to just cause it'll be interesting and yeah, use the mighty nano editor here and there, when I know which file I'm shooting for and it isn't going to take much to edit the thing as needed. Crap have had pdfs/bks on emacs and vim forever and just haven't worked up the desire to learn about them, shrugs.

Really should get rid of gksu for obvious reasons. Though worked great forever and provided I don't do something retarded, as the scenario's I babbled about above the thing should continue working great indefinitely. Know I have to find a better way within a reasonable amount of time though. Don't advise people to hit the lazy button and revert to using it. Are alternatives readily available which would just take me more work.

At the moment just going with what I know, what I'm used to. Will get around to these new approved things sooner or later fellows. big_smile Anybody got a recommend for a cli file-manager that's really good ?

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-17 10:01:06)

#46 2019-11-17 10:46:51

glittersloth
...always giving it to you straight

^ Maybe vifm?
It's relatively easy to use, and will discipline you in vim bindings at the same time.
Once you learn stuff like bulk file renaming in a vi-curses based file manager, the gooey stuff will feel downright clunky.

#47 2019-11-17 11:24:20

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

^ Hey thanks much Slob-san, cool multi-purpose too. smile

This begs the inevitable question, which do you/Slob-san (and others) think is the way to go on this issue, vim or emacs ? Keep meaning to bite bullet and learn one of the dang things. One issue I sometimes wind up running into, is default keybinds, I've settled on my preference and keep it consistent across installs. Even regardless of DE/WM I'm dorking with on whichever, though 98% of the time am using Openbox.

F1 - Terminal
F2 - Run dialogue/gmrun usually.
F3 - Text editor (leafpad/mousepad atm)
F4 - File manager (Thunar usually)
F5 - Used to be web browser (FF o course, the only browser worth using. tongue) Though for awhile have taken to launching it with Ctrl + Up arrow key. Used to have more than one version of FF installed and several of the other browsers, Chrome/ium, Opera etc. So could just hold down the Ctrl key, hit right, up, left and down arrow keys and have 4 web-browsers up and running, before most folks could mouse-over and click on an icon to launch one of the things. big_smile

At times, whatever util/app already has shortcuts for these, at such times usually just say screw that util/app and find something else. Am assuming vim/emacs both have files to easily reconfig their keybinds ? Hey ... this could be topic related, someone could use vim to edit files for graphical apps they intend to launch with privileges. big_smile

Looks like it's two votes for Vim already. smile Thanks ClusterF ... Oops epic reading comprehension fail on my part. Slob-san is just noting that, that particular cli file-manager comes with the added benefit of also helping someone learn about Vim. Not so sure he's endorsing Vim over whatever else. Either way it's cool to know.

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-17 11:38:48)

#48 2019-11-17 11:30:46

clusterF

^ Learn vim in my opinion, run vimtutor for a good lesson on how to use it first up.

#49 2019-11-17 12:35:26

glittersloth
...always giving it to you straight

BLizgreat! wrote:

vim or emacs ?

Loaded question, that. I'm pleading the 5th. There's enough conflict in the world already.

I personally use vim. That's all I'll say.
Whether vim or emacs, it's always good to learn them proper, either via their in-built tutorials or through some online documentation or printed papyrus. This goes without saying. There's no substitute. It's like garlic powder vs actual garlic. The former is just a simulation. Only the latter is strong enough to ward off vampires.

My suggestion for vifm was just so you could ingrain the basic navigational keybinds as a sort of introduction. There are, of course, other ways to go about it, like the Vimium or Tridactyl plugins for Firefox (or Chrome if you're the exhibitionist type) or vi-like keybinds in your window manager. Gnome Shell even has an "emacs mode" (might need to install gnome-tweaks or edit gsettings to enable), although I've never tried it so can't comment on how extensive it is (eg: whether the bindings extend to Nautilus or GEdit). Again, bear in mind that all of these will only serve as basic introductions and nothing more.

As for your DE/WM keybinds conflicting, I guess that varies by individual/setup. I tend to (as much as possible) map whatever window or launcher related combos to the Super key. That way, it's always Super+whatever or Super+Shift+whatever for DE/WM-related jazz and the in-app shortcuts get to keep their default Function, Alt and Ctrl keybinds. Can't speak for emacs, but if you used default vim (meaning without any crazy remaps) for a bit you'd realize you wouldn't have any conflicts with your Openbox setup.

With regards to "keeping consistency" across your installations, I think it'd be better to ask an actual professional who's worked in the field constantly switching between rigs for a while (maybe twoion or nore?) rather than a pariah like me.

Edit:
Reminder/PSA - Never take vim seriously. Once you do, life get's turned upside down. You'll wonder why yy isn't yanking shit on someone else's text editor, you'll be totally lost when f doesn't show the link shortcuts on a browser without Vimium installed, and when playing an online game and everyone goes gg at the end for "good game", you'll be sitting there asking yourself why all these people want to scroll to the top of the chat console.

Last edited by glittersloth (2019-11-17 13:09:42)

#50 2019-11-17 12:52:46

BLizgreat!
Resident Babbler - vll!

Have heard of the famed Vim/emacs wars. Was long before my time though still poked around about it a bit. Lol ... so don't blame you for keeping things brief. Apparently hostilities still fester to this dy among whatever nixers. big_smile Anyway, thanks muchas for the info Slob-san, it's appreciated. Hmmmm ya know what they say about great minds, they think alike. Hmmm, this must also apply to bent-minds, we have more than a few similarities me thinks. About the garlic thing ... Allicin. Stuff is supposed to have some kickbutt health bennies assoc with and dang sure won't be found in garlic powder (probably really just another msg infused excitotoxin.) tongue Also for all those dog luvers out there, found out you aren't supposed to give onions/garlic to the things.

Last place I stayed my roommate had a cool lil miniature pincher creature, errrrr, of course I'd already fed him pizza and a bunch of other stuff with onions and garlic in it before discovering the above factoid. Ah didn't hurt him though and who doesn't like pizza ?!?!? smile

Also thanks for the suggestion about the keybinds PITA Slob, also of course thought of it ( Super or Alt etc) though am somewhat set in my ways, like the convenience of hitting one key and the default terminal popping up, though retraining to use Alt/Super wouldn't take much. Mentioned usually just say screw it this terminal app/util isn't the only way to do whatever in this world or of course could see if I could remap the dang thing in it's configs. Ah screw it. smile

Last edited by BLizgreat! (2019-11-17 13:02:56)

Board footer