You are not logged in.

#126 2019-05-27 05:22:08

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 2,263
Website

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!


My youngest has the same screen.  That is a nice setup.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!
Resident Metalhead Poser

Offline

#127 2019-05-27 07:07:39

twoion
ほやほや
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 2,460

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

I have the same pen holder (from IKEA, I think). How do you get the warm, yellow light diffuse so well? Do you have ambient lighting installed?


A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

Offline

#128 2019-05-27 08:38:33

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 5,006

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

I have the same screen AND the same pen-holder big_smile


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Offline

#129 2019-05-27 19:43:03

ututo
Member
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 277

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

yeah, that's a nice cheap screen. However, I'd like to have a bigger monitor. I was thinking about.. acquiring this one here but I do not know if it will look good with my openbox setup.

twoion wrote:

I have the same pen holder (from IKEA, I think). How do you get the warm, yellow light diffuse so well? Do you have ambient lighting installed?

I made my own lamp using 16W leds with 2835 smd chips. It's a 1m (39,37in) long warm white led stripe. It's inside an aluminium profile and I used a piece of plastic panel from a broken tv as a light diffuser. The lamp is connected to a ATX power supply which has a dimmer switch I made, so it illuminates the desktop or gives a nice ambient light when needed.


BunsenLabs on deviantArt
Don't touch my git!

Offline

#130 2019-05-27 23:33:00

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,059
Website

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

@ututo, I've made a few attempts at theming that wall, none have passed my rigorous standards. tongue

It's just a matter of the right day and the right amount of beer, then I'll be theming.

Offline

#131 2019-05-28 00:32:48

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,064

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

ututo wrote:

I made my own lamp using 16W leds with 2835 smd chips. It's a 1m (39,37in) long warm white led stripe. It's inside an aluminium profile and I used a piece of plastic panel from a broken tv as a light diffuser. The lamp is connected to a ATX power supply which has a dimmer switch I made, so it illuminates the desktop or gives a nice ambient light when needed.

As if the desktop wasn't cool enough; that's really awesome.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Online

#132 2019-05-28 01:12:32

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,059
Website

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

Drinking the cheap stuff tonight. America's oldest brewery, good stuff.

20190527_210249.md.jpg

I've added a really heavy brick to the speaker, it feels like solid concrete, not cinder block. The thing must way 7 or 8 pounds. I've also removed the plastic ashtray, as mass-loading the speaker caused it to vibrate terribly on the table.

BTW, that two and a half inch stereo-to-mono speaker, with the help of mass-loading and the pulseaudio sink, kicks ass now.

-edit- Recursive...

20190527_213404.md.jpg

Last edited by hhh (2019-05-28 01:36:20)

Offline

#133 2019-05-28 13:10:13

ututo
Member
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 277

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

^ Deskmodding at its finest! Didn't know about the mass-loading technique. I'll give it a try!


BunsenLabs on deviantArt
Don't touch my git!

Offline

#134 2019-05-28 14:41:58

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,059
Website

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

ututo wrote:

^ Deskmodding at its finest! Didn't know about the mass-loading technique. I'll give it a try!

If your speakers don't weigh much, I'd recommend it. The weight can't be to tall, or you'll get sonic changes from the baffling. The 3" height added to my speaker probably doesn't have much effect, but the weight does. The speaker and lamp are sitting on a grill from another speaker, so it's (the stand's) feet are those little plastic nubs that click into the speaker, and the stand is flexible. It works.

Offline

#135 2019-05-29 19:53:18

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,059
Website

Re: Post your actual desk(top)!

hhh wrote:

@ututo, I've made a few attempts at theming that wall, none have passed my rigorous standards. tongue

It's just a matter of the right day and the right amount of beer, then I'll be theming.

And the beers aligned...

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 722#p86722

https://github.com/hhhorb/lithium-theme-proposals

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB