You are not logged in.

#101 2019-01-27 07:28:16

ohnonot
...again
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 3,911
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Dobbie03 wrote:

If my images are too large, please let me know.

they are.
fair enough, i haven't noticed because i have a good internet connection, and the forum software handles them well, but to some...

anyhow we do have that rule max. 250px iirc! (*)

convert scrot.png -scale 250 scrot.jpg

I would be willing to make an exception of max 500x250 for your dual screen shots.

(*) i have at times disputed that, because what really matters here is the file size, not the image dimensions.

PS:
what are those thin lines at the bottom?

Offline

#102 2019-01-27 07:46:03

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 2,287
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

ohnonot wrote:
Dobbie03 wrote:

If my images are too large, please let me know.

they are.
fair enough, i haven't noticed because i have a good internet connection, and the forum software handles them well, but to some...

anyhow we do have that rule max. 250px iirc! (*)

convert scrot.png -scale 250 scrot.jpg

I would be willing to make an exception of max 500x250 for your dual screen shots.

(*) i have at times disputed that, because what really matters here is the file size, not the image dimensions.

PS:
what are those thin lines at the bottom?

They aren't too much larger than a standard scrot. Will resize though. I agree it should be files size rather than image size.

Anyway, those thin bars are my polybars.  In the centre of each screen it shows the workspaces. The left hand screen has a green indicator to show updates and on the far right is volume.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!
Resident Metalhead Poser

Offline

#103 2019-01-27 15:37:59

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 338

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Got rid of NetworkManager, using way too much ram. Trying to figure out tmux, have a vague idea and used some plugins.
Im using suckless st in tmux here, patched to use .Xresources and patched with alpha for transparency. Without tmux st is not very nice.

2019-01-28-013520_1366x768_scrot.th.png

2019-01-28-012127_1366x768_scrot.th.png

Last edited by S7.L (2019-01-27 15:38:27)

Offline

#104 2019-01-27 16:01:25

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,089

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

S7.L wrote:
PackRat wrote:
S7.L wrote:

Patched in a systray for dwm and seems to work well. Changed the conky a bit.

What are you using for the system information in the dwm bar?

fluxbox + tint2 + psuinfo system info + jgmenu

https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2019/01/26/2019-01-26-02-12-39.th.png

Its just a modified version of the one archlinux has on the dwm wiki page.

conky status bar.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/dw … _statusbar

So that is a conky with icons.
You should post the conkyrc in the main conky thread if you haven't already. Make a handy reference.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#105 2019-01-27 16:19:56

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 338

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

^ conky with font awesome unicode glyphs.

I did share the conky configs, updated that post below.  wink

Figured out the compton.conf settings since then too.

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 049#p81049

Last edited by S7.L (2019-01-27 16:21:14)

Offline

#106 2019-01-27 18:39:48

ohnonot
...again
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 3,911
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Dobbie03 wrote:

They aren't too much larger than a standard scrot.

i think you misunderstand.
even a standard scrot is way too large to post directly. which is what you did.
the idea is to have a 250px thumbnail that is also a link to the full-sized image, so that the forum page does not load the full-sized image.

Anyway, those thin bars are my polybars.  In the centre of each screen it shows the workspaces. The left hand screen has a green indicator to show updates and on the far right is volume.

i see. very minimalistic, yet informative. nice.

Offline

#107 2019-01-27 19:20:36

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,816
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Minecraft to Blender
minecraft2blender.th.png

Dobbie03 wrote:

Anyway, those thin bars are my polybars.  In the centre of each screen it shows the workspaces. The left hand screen has a green indicator to show updates and on the far right is volume.

Very nice +1.

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2019-01-27 19:22:12)

Offline

#108 2019-01-28 01:57:04

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,324
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

S7.L wrote:

That chip looks like it has a xbox logo on it? Nice amalgam of colours though i like it.

I noticed it, too. Does Xbox brand their processors, or was that part of the wall GIMPed? Is this even a photo that's been edited, or is it purely a digital artwork?

Offline

#109 2019-01-28 04:34:47

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 2,287
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

ohnonot wrote:
Dobbie03 wrote:

They aren't too much larger than a standard scrot.

i think you misunderstand.
even a standard scrot is way too large to post directly. which is what you did.
the idea is to have a 250px thumbnail that is also a link to the full-sized image, so that the forum page does not load the full-sized image.

Anyway, those thin bars are my polybars.  In the centre of each screen it shows the workspaces. The left hand screen has a green indicator to show updates and on the far right is volume.

i see. very minimalistic, yet informative. nice.


No I understood, just as usual I didn't explain myself very well big_smile


Thanks regarding the polybars.  (You too Bronto), I went back to a full panel recently but it felt overwhelming and felt far too busy.  I could probably go 100% barless and be quite okay.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!
Resident Metalhead Poser

Offline

#110 2019-01-28 12:02:53

S7.L
Member
Registered: 2018-09-16
Posts: 338

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:
S7.L wrote:

That chip looks like it has a xbox logo on it? Nice amalgam of colours though i like it.

I noticed it, too. Does Xbox brand their processors, or was that part of the wall GIMPed? Is this even a photo that's been edited, or is it purely a digital artwork?

Looks legit enough to be a console, probably is. I heard they use Ryzen chips?

Offline

#111 2019-01-28 15:07:22

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,816
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Win10 WSL
wsl.th.jpg
Notes.

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2019-01-29 19:52:09)

Offline

#112 2019-01-29 22:22:03

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,324
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

scrot.moe is down?

Offline

#113 2019-01-29 23:00:43

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 1,089

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:

scrot.moe is down?

not at the moment:

2019-01-29-10-50-28.th.png


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#114 2019-01-30 00:08:27

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,324
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Nice scrot! It's back for me too. A new KDE non-free LIVE buster install...

Screenshot_20190129_172210.th.png

Offline

#115 2019-01-31 08:08:04

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,324
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

In before the deadline, a Lithium setup...

Screenshot_2019-01-31_03-07-03.th.png Screenshot_2019-01-31_03-17-11.th.png

Offline

#116 2019-01-31 08:30:49

Sun For Miles
Member
Registered: 2017-04-12
Posts: 140

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Still rocking the same look I've settled with a long time ago with some minor tint2 tweaks and different weather conky.

PxpjYLWm.png


Señor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?

Offline

#117 2019-02-01 00:59:51

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 8,324
Website

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Unstickying this threadand creating one for February.

Offline

#118 2019-02-01 19:26:06

THX1138
Member
Registered: 2019-01-14
Posts: 197

Re: January 2019 Screenshot Thread

Great desktop Ceeslans


The telephone is an antiquity - you never know who is calling, there is no image, it is an outmoded product which constantly disrupts work (Ralf Hutter (Kraftwerk)) ps: my wife knows how much I dislike being disrupted at Work - Ralf Hutter hit the nail on the head there

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB