You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-10 23:57:10

swift110

Unable to install programs at all

I have tried to follow the instructions but I simply do not understand them. When I first installed bunsenlabs I got some errors and continued ahead with it.  I cannot install any programs even in synaptic and when I try I get the following error message.  http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_-_111020 … vZvw00.png

#2 2015-11-11 00:07:53

Panda

Re: Unable to install programs at all

Have you read this by hhh? It may be of some help.

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=521

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today a gift...
That's why they call it the present"

― Master Oogway

#3 2015-11-11 02:10:18

damo
....moderator....

swift110 wrote:

I have tried to follow the instructions but I simply do not understand them. When I first installed bunsenlabs I got some errors and continued ahead with it.  I cannot install any programs even in synaptic and when I try I get the following error message.  http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_-_111020 … vZvw00.png

Which "instructions" don't you understand?

What were the errors during installation?

Post the contents of `/etc/apt/sources.list` and `/etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunsen.list` (using [ code ] tags )

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4 2015-11-11 07:48:07

nobody0
Disabled account

Maybe a BunsenLabs template should be introduced or slightly change words in the lsb-release-bunsen?

#5 2015-11-11 07:55:42

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

ostrolek wrote:

Maybe a BunsenLabs template should be introduced or slightly change words in the lsb-release-bunsen?

What has this got to do with the OP's problem?

From the screenshot, it seems clear that the CD/DVD lines in /etc/apt/sources.list are un-commented and so synaptic is (correctly) expecting the user to insert a Debian CD/DVD with the software that is to be installed obtained from that medium rather than from a repository via an internet connection.

This is a feature of the Debian installer as it allows those without an internet connection to still install new packages & update their systems.

The OP either refused to select a mirror when the installer asked or did not have a connection during the installation.

At any rate, the content of /etc/apt/sources.list will reveal all.

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#6 2015-11-11 14:21:10

hhh
Meep!
Website

Huh, funny screenshot. Did the OP open xfce4-screenshooter after setting scrot to a time delay so that it would purposefully hide the error dialog? The HexChat window shows "I need sources" and hints at a sources.list file, does the OP not understand what those are?

Board footer