You are not logged in.
^^^ @Sector11 : instead of grabbing the medit_1.4.1 package directly, select the 'Add repository and install manually' option. This will give you instructions for adding the medit-gtk3 repository and relevant gpg-key.
Below is a print-out of the commands for debian13 install:echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/antonbatenev:/medit/Debian_13/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:antonbatenev:medit.list curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:antonbatenev:medit/Debian_13/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home_antonbatenev_medit.gpg > /dev/null sudo apt update sudo apt install meditYou can of course disable the source and key after install, but I guess it makes sense to keep it active for a while in order to get further updates for this gtk3 version.
Thanks.
Works perfectly. Here with openbox/carbon/debian13.
On Wayland, both with bunsen-wayland and on sid, a memory access error occurs.
Offline
johnraff wrote:^Can you find a deb file for medit-gtk3?
No.
Huh? There are debs for Debian 12 and 13 linked from the medit-gtk3 github page...
https://software.opensuse.org/download. … kage=medit
Click Debian>Grab binary packages directly
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Sector11 wrote:johnraff wrote:^Can you find a deb file for medit-gtk3?
No.
Huh? There are debs for Debian 12 and 13 linked from the medit-gtk3 github page...
https://software.opensuse.org/download. … kage=meditClick Debian>Grab binary packages directly
Yes, I know that. I was very excited about getting medit back up and running.
I grabbed the Debian 13 .deb file and stored it on my drive:
/media/10/DEBs/medit_1.4.1-1_all.debThen as explained here it did not install because Debian 13 has no medit-gtk3 package to install with it.
= = =
OFF TOPIC - sorry I brought it here
Carry on folks nothing else to see here.
Debian 13 Beardog hosted by SoxDog
Still a Conky 1.9er at heart.
Offline