You are not logged in.

#21 2022-02-28 14:20:16

janvds

Re: [~SOLVED] Unmet dependecies

OK. This is what all this ended up with. I went 'back' to Helium (to be honest, Lithium has a far better look wink ).

That installation didn't prove watertight also, but went far better as I got Helium working in one effort. Still there seem to be discrepancies with the adresses of repositories. But thanks to the advice - learn to know your system - I guessed I had to add repositories. That worked.

But installing Writer from the menu option failed again. So I removed it alltogether and dowloaded tar.gz (DEB) from OpenOffice website. That installation went fine. Next step I have to figure out is to adjust the desktop menu which still points to Writer-Install and not Writer smile

Thanks for all the support.

#22 2022-02-28 15:06:22

rbh

janvds wrote:

Helium working in one effort. Still there seem to be discrepancies with the adresses of repositories.

No. But you are installing an older version of BL, hence you got not same repositories as when you installed Lithium. Bunsenlabs Linux, is based on Stable Debian. Lithium when relesed, was based on Debian 10: "Buster". BL Helium was when released based on Debian 9: "Stretch".

But thanks to the advice - learn to know your system -

Yes, there is no other way...

But installing Writer from the menu option failed again.

How did it fail? What error-message did you get?
What about command

sudo apt install libreoffice-writer

Did that also fail?

So I removed it alltogether and dowloaded tar.gz (DEB) from OpenOffice website. That installation went fine. Next step I have to figure out is to adjust the desktop menu which still points to Writer-Install and not Writer smile

You have some good tutorials on jgmenu in forum Tutorials
Else, I can remind you that all Debian packages can be downloaded from the official repos and installed from disk. Here is the libreoffice-writer:
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/i38 … r/download
When installed, the link to install will be replaced by link to the writer.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#23 2022-02-28 21:35:10

hhh
Colonel Robert Neville
Website

Lithium themes should work with Beryllium, I'm using lithium-light on Be as I type...

https://github.com/BunsenLabs/bunsen-themes

Sounds like you could use a backup and fresh install, though. Something's gone wrong.

You know, you used to be a nice guy once.

#24 2022-03-22 12:29:49

talkybro1

I tried the fixing command a few times already. Just a few minutes ago again. It says all is ok (i.e. no adjustments made). I will try to do the sources comparison. Never done that one before. The problem might be a corrupted first attempt to install Lithium. However, I have followed up your first suggestion and did a re-install. There was wired internet connection then. I wonder whether the re-install really did a full re-install or used already installed elements. If the latter is the case I can imagine corrupted files are still present. I an just guessing.

stream videos

Last edited by talkybro1 (2022-03-23 07:42:09)

#25 2022-03-22 20:00:48

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

talkybro1 wrote:

I wonder whether the re-install really did a full re-install or used already installed elements. If the latter is the case I can imagine corrupted files are still present. I an just guessing.

By default (unless you tell it otherwise) Debian Installer formats all the partitions used for the install.
So that shouldn't be the cause,  to make something like it happen with the default largest free space option you'd have to manually set a mount point for what it left somewhere that interfered.
It's guaranteed not to be the cause with any of the "Use entire disk" options, unless you start manually mounting a second disk somewhere strange, or tell the installer not to format something.

You'd have probably been better starting your own thread. You don't tell us anything about the machine you tried to install on.. If it's newish you may struggle Lithium is based on OldStable at this point, so if it's a recent machine you may do better setting up Beryllium using these instructions.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

#26 2022-04-29 10:25:38

shoessanjay

I tried to install libreoffice-writer on an i386 vm. I could not install from the menu, A terminal popped up and disapeared. But running the install command in terminal was no problems. Tested some other installs from the menu, they stayed up...

#27 2022-04-29 13:06:27

rbh

shoessanjay wrote:

I tried to install libreoffice-writer on an i386 vm. I could not install from the menu, A terminal popped up and disapeared.

There is a bugg in package bunsen-common. Skript bl-install can not be executed correct if you have swedish locales installed and use bl-install to install package with "w" in packagename.
A fix is applied to the source on github in beryllium branch.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

Board footer