You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-11 22:04:37

trilobite

Anyone installed Zoom successfully?

I tried the debian package they provide and also the tarball.  Both get "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" when I try.

{Linux-using people I haven't met are friends yet to be made.}

#2 2020-09-12 05:53:39

rbh

Re: Anyone installed Zoom successfully?

trilobite wrote:

I tried the debian package they provide and also the tarball.  Both get "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" when I try.

The 8+ version that came this summer, works ok on Buster. I tested install on another pc just now. Went ok.

The deb-package gives error about unmet depenencies. Running "apt -f install" fix that.

// Regards rbh

#3 2020-09-12 06:17:47

rbh

Btw, I instaled deb with command dpkg. If I had installed with apt, dependecies should have been installed direct.

Can your downloads been corrupted? The error you got, is it when you install or does it install correct and the error is when you start program?

// Regards rbh

#4 2020-09-12 22:52:55

trilobite

Maybe.  I have 4 elderly machines I'm playing with right now.  It installed on the other 3 after I tried the first one.  My pattern to install on one machine and try to solve all the problems before proceeding to the next.  Your post got me to move along sooner.  The error is on starting the program.  I think I may start that machine over.  I may also put a stop watch on a Helium install. I don't think it takes more than 15 mins.

{Linux-using people I haven't met are friends yet to be made.}

Board footer