You are not logged in.

#126 2020-09-08 17:55:47

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: What do you listen to - Internet streaming a.k.a radio and such?

Too much talk imho; although the music on "STG #1136: Early Influences" is really nice - after the weak Paul Simon intro.
RedLightRadio starts with "Residents in Residence: Sinister or Sanctuary..." - no talking so far, super weird stuff. I think I like it.

I don't know how to incorporate all this into my collection of radio station playlists... sad

Search youtube without a brwoser: repo | thread
BL quote proposals to this thread please.
my repos / my repos

#127 2020-09-09 04:34:50

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: What do you listen to - Internet streaming a.k.a radio and such?

^I hate DJs' talking over music fadeouts.
Dislike/hate Paul Simon too, but agree about the rest of the STG #1136 show.

That first RedLightRadio show is avery long track indeed - I quite liked it, but glancing at the web playlist later shows might be quite different. Will check out in due course...

ohnonot wrote:

I don't know how to incorporate all this into my collection of radio station playlists...

How do you manage/play net radio generally?

I'm using radiotray-ng atm which is OK generally but can't handle the difficult stuff that needs youtube-dl so I've also got a jgmenu "Media" menu for trickier stuff - now with a "Mixcloud" submenu. But starting mpv from a menu means you need some way to control it - terminal, "pseudo-gui" or maybe some "slave mode" (mplayer had one, but I haven't researched mpv properly). A systray icon is perfect for my needs. Patch radiotray-ng to use mpv instead of gstreamer? Have another look at brontosaurusrex's radioClicky (wasn't exactly what I wanted at the time)?

OT/ Another recent find was goodvibes which is in the Buster repo, has a --status-icon option to run in the systray, and can also take cli commands or via dbus so it looks quite flexible, and fairly light. But it can't handle those mixcloud-type streams that mpv+youtube-dl accepts, and the bookmarks are a flat list with no sub-folders. I demand to be able to store my radio urls in categories, some way or other.

...also, streaming urls change all the time, so quick & easy bookmark editing is important too.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer