You are not logged in.

#151 2020-04-26 14:15:32

Martin
Website

Re: Testing Lithium iso discussion

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system and it is some ten years old. It does everything I want a personal computer to do and I expect it to run Lithium as well. I would be very disappointed otherwise.

/Martin

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#152 2020-04-27 03:12:40

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^I've got a 32bit laptop older than that, running Lithium OK. As far as 1GB of RAM and a Centrino CPU can be "OK" on today's WWW. It's fine for coding anyway.

But I would be surprised if any 64bit machine was unable to boot from a USB stick. It might require some setting changing in the BIOS?

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#153 2020-04-27 19:29:12

hhh
Meep!
Website

Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system and it is some ten years old. It does everything I want a personal computer to do and I expect it to run Lithium as well. I would be very disappointed otherwise.

/Martin

Post the computer brand and model number, let's see what we can see. Open a new thread in this dev forum with the info and an appropriate title. Thanks.

#154 2020-04-28 02:40:24

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system...

Come to think of it, we've never released a 64 bit CD iso, so either you installed Helium from a USB stick or else you're running a 32 bit system with a 64 bit processor. (This is quite possible btw.)

Anyway, as @hhh says, a new thread would be better for this topic.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#155 2020-05-03 20:01:04

Martin
Website

johnraff wrote:
Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system...

Come to think of it, we've never released a 64 bit CD iso, so either you installed Helium from a USB stick or else you're running a 32 bit system with a 64 bit processor. (This is quite possible btw.)

Anyway, as @hhh says, a new thread would be better for this topic.

I finally had the presence of mind to interrupt the booting process and check -- I think you are right in thinking a 64-bit motherboard should support USB-booting. The boot order is HHD -- removable media -- CD/DVD-R/W unit. Strangely enough I have no recollection of having ever booted this machine from an USB stick and yes, it is a 64-bit system. I guess my memory is ailing.

/Martin

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#156 2020-05-10 19:50:38

yunn
Website

Hi everyone, a simple question please, with Blob Themes Manager for Lithium, can I use any theme of Helium ?
Thank you

#157 2020-05-10 20:19:38

damo
....moderator....

yunn wrote:

Hi everyone, a simple question please, with Blob Themes Manager for Lithium, can I use any theme of Helium ?
Thank you

BLOB just saves whichever themes you have set. Gtk/OB/icon/etc themes aren't BL-specific.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#158 2020-05-11 21:29:26

hhh
Meep!
Website

#159 2020-07-12 17:01:36

CooKiECruNChEr43

I installed and tested Lithium. I encountered no problems.

CPU~Quad core AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (-MCP-) speed/max~1600/2200 MHz Kernel~4.4.0-185-generic x86_64 Up~11:59 Mem~5928.3/7654.9MB HDD~1000.2GB(57.4% used) Procs~263 Client~Shell inxi~2.2.35 

I installed it virtually with virt-manager (http://virt-manager.org/).

#160 2020-07-18 11:01:26

randomeur

jimjamz wrote:

Hi all,

I'm not sure where the most appropriate place is for raising bugs for Lithium seeing as it's still in pre-release. I didn't want to pollute the bugs section as it seemed unfair. Please advise.

I have Lithium on bare metal hardware, Lenovo Thinkpad x270.

When BL goes into standby/sleep after a period of inactivity, it is not always possible to wake the BL session. The power key light throbs indicating the hardware is in standby.  Pressing SPACE or other keys does not wake the device. Pressing the power button wakes the hardware (solid power light) but the screen does not activate. Pressing any keys subsequently also does not enable the screen.

The same scenario occurs if the device lid is closed then opened. The power light moves from throbbing to solid but the screen does not enable.  The screen is also not backlit, indicating it has not been enabled.
The device only reacts to a semi-long press (1 second) of the power button which sends the shutdown signal. This is the only occurrence when the screen enables to display the power off sequence.

Before having BL Lithium as the host OS on the device, I had Debian 10 which suffered none of these issues. The device would wake immediately on key press, power button press or lid open.

Is this an ACPI issue in Lithium?

Can confirm that I have the same exact issue as jimjamz on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon (model 20A7; CPU: i5 - 4300U; integrated Intel graphics; kernel: 4.19.0-9-amd64).

Typing in the password on a dark, blank screen works and I can log in. But the screen won't turn on until then.

Board footer