You are not logged in.

#151 2020-04-26 14:15:32

Martin
Website

Re: Testing Lithium iso discussion

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system and it is some ten years old. It does everything I want a personal computer to do and I expect it to run Lithium as well. I would be very disappointed otherwise.

/Martin

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#152 2020-04-27 03:12:40

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^I've got a 32bit laptop older than that, running Lithium OK. As far as 1GB of RAM and a Centrino CPU can be "OK" on today's WWW. It's fine for coding anyway.

But I would be surprised if any 64bit machine was unable to boot from a USB stick. It might require some setting changing in the BIOS?

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#153 2020-04-27 19:29:12

hhh
Meep!
Website

Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system and it is some ten years old. It does everything I want a personal computer to do and I expect it to run Lithium as well. I would be very disappointed otherwise.

/Martin

Post the computer brand and model number, let's see what we can see. Open a new thread in this dev forum with the info and an appropriate title. Thanks.

#154 2020-04-28 02:40:24

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system...

Come to think of it, we've never released a 64 bit CD iso, so either you installed Helium from a USB stick or else you're running a 32 bit system with a 64 bit processor. (This is quite possible btw.)

Anyway, as @hhh says, a new thread would be better for this topic.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#155 2020-05-03 20:01:04

Martin
Website

johnraff wrote:
Martin wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think my desktop computer boots from USB but it is happily running a Helium/Debian 10 combo. It is a 64-bit system...

Come to think of it, we've never released a 64 bit CD iso, so either you installed Helium from a USB stick or else you're running a 32 bit system with a 64 bit processor. (This is quite possible btw.)

Anyway, as @hhh says, a new thread would be better for this topic.

I finally had the presence of mind to interrupt the booting process and check -- I think you are right in thinking a 64-bit motherboard should support USB-booting. The boot order is HHD -- removable media -- CD/DVD-R/W unit. Strangely enough I have no recollection of having ever booted this machine from an USB stick and yes, it is a 64-bit system. I guess my memory is ailing.

/Martin

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#156 2020-05-10 19:50:38

yunn
Website

Hi everyone, a simple question please, with Blob Themes Manager for Lithium, can I use any theme of Helium ?
Thank you

#157 2020-05-10 20:19:38

damo
....moderator....

yunn wrote:

Hi everyone, a simple question please, with Blob Themes Manager for Lithium, can I use any theme of Helium ?
Thank you

BLOB just saves whichever themes you have set. Gtk/OB/icon/etc themes aren't BL-specific.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#158 2020-05-11 21:29:26

hhh
Meep!
Website

Board footer