You are not logged in.

#276 2021-12-18 16:41:28

sleekmason
zoom
Website

Re: Themes and Icons

Dobbie03 wrote:

Not sure if you guys have seen this?  A simple script to re-colour the Adwaita theme.  Hopefully it is of some interest.

unklar wrote:

I played with images in neofetch years ago. However, I didn't like the ascii characters. I wanted "real" images/icons. smile

Nice!  All of it!  Looking forward to messing around with the adwaita themes and the image instead of ascii in neofetch:) Awesome stuff!

Also,
@eight.bit.al  Nice image:)
@PackRat  Good info!

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-12-18 16:46:52)

#277 2021-12-18 17:12:05

eight.bit.al

Get the Menu in this one.

neo_mod-1.th.png

8bit

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

#278 2021-12-19 08:53:33

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9

^I am glad that you had fun.  I thought you already knew all this.  smile

One more tip. When using different window sizes (of the terminal) neofetch seems to get confused in the choice of the image size. Here it helps to delete the cache in ~/.cache/thumbnails/neofetch completely.

#279 2021-12-19 20:52:46

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

unklar wrote:

^I am glad that you had fun.  I thought you already knew all this.  smile

One more tip. When using different window sizes (of the terminal) neofetch seems to get confused in the choice of the image size. Here it helps to delete the cache in ~/.cache/thumbnails/neofetch completely.

Would be nice if the image can be auto-scaled depending on terminal window size...

Real Men Use Linux

#280 2022-01-02 17:24:19

sleekmason
zoom
Website

Happy New Year Everybody!

Wanted to make a theme to match Blackbird and Adwaita-Dark. Tougher than you would think.

Lilidog-Buff with Gnome-wine icons.  (for some reason they grow on you:)
Buff.png Buff-transparent.png

And Lilidog-Taupe with Breeze icons. My new favorite theme.
Taupe.png Taupe-transparent.png

As is usual, there are also Geany and xfce4-terminal themes to match.  https://github.com/sleekmason/Themes

Also, For those who already have my themes:
Every Lilidog Openbox theme (except Blackbox) has been re-based on Onyx, with any and all corrections.
The Slate theme has been updated for better contrast.
The Grey theme has been updated to show the tabs in Geany/Mousepad better.

For those who would like to test these but don't know how, You can download the zip of my themes from the github address above, unzip, and place copies of the gtk and openbox themes into ~/.themes <- Make the folder if it doesn't exist. (the Breeze icon theme can be placed in ~/.icons if wanted). They should then be available for user use. You may need to log out and in if making a new folder.

If you want to keep any of them, put them into /usr/share/themes and /usr/share/icons respectively for root use.
If something doesn't work properly or look right for some reason, let me know!

#281 2022-01-16 17:48:26

sleekmason
zoom
Website

My newest theme, Earth. With gnome icons.
Earth.png

Earth is a continuation of making a theme to use when working with the Gimp, (Not meant to match exactly.) while also giving praise to Adwaita-Dark and blackbird. Earth has zero color in the gtk and openbox themes, except for three warnings and a couple of oddball settings.  This differs from the Buff theme that used colors for the text and other places. Buff is now "Drow" btw.

Also, I would swear I notice a difference in battery consumption for the better? Is that a thing?

Anyway, This includes matches for GTK-3.0, 2.0, Openbox, Geany, and xfce4-terminal. https://github.com/sleekmason/Themes

Directions for those who need them are in the post above.  Please let me know if something is bothersome/doesn't work properly.  Also, All of my themes are meant to be used in variable situations, with the monitor turned down a bit for best results.

#282 2022-01-17 05:29:41

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^nice!

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#283 2022-01-17 12:42:10

eight.bit.al

sleekmason wrote:

My newest theme, Earth. With gnome icons.
https://i.postimg.cc/0MYRgBKP/Earth.png

Very nice. I'd like to put this on an arch/xfce setup. I went to your github but there was so much there I got confused. Any help? TIA.

8bit

You've been making some nice themes lately. smile Thanks for sharing your work.

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2022-01-17 12:49:17)

#284 2022-01-17 14:22:14

sleekmason
zoom
Website

johnraff wrote:

^nice!

eight.bit.al wrote:

Very nice. I'd like to put this on an arch/xfce setup. I went to your github but there was so much there I got confused. Any help? TIA.

8bit

You've been making some nice themes lately. smile Thanks for sharing your work.

This is good to hear!  Thank you:)

My themes github could probably be cleaned up a bit.

The easiest way is probably to download the zip file from the link above by clicking on "Code" -> Download zip -> save download. Once downloaded, unzip the file by opening a terminal where you saved the file and:

unzip Themes-master.zip

This will produce the folder "themes-master" where all the files are located. (60mb, just delete when done!)

The gtk themes are located in "GTK-Themes", and the Openbox themes are in "Openbox".

Take any, or all matching themes of both, and place both of them in either ~/.themes (make folder if not there) to check them out without root, or for permanent use place them in /usr/share/themes.  Both the gtk and openbox themes should now appear in your appearance settings. Change as usual.

The Geany themes will be found in "Geany".  Kind of like above, these can go into two places as well, but placing them in ~/.config/geany should serve well. 
So:
From the themes "Geany" folder, you can either grab the whole "colorschemes" folder and place it in ~/.config/geany. Or, if the folder already exists, grab the files inside "colorschemes" and add them to the existing "~/.config/geany/colorschemes" folder.  For distro use, I place these in /usr/share/geany/colorschemes. This allows for root use of the theme if wanted.  These themes are changed within the app itself by going to "view" -> "change color scheme"

The xfce4-terminal themes probably are not real relevant to BL or others?  a script is required to change out just the colors while leaving the main settings alone. I may write this up for others at a later date. I will add the script 'xfce4-term-colors' to the "xfce4-terminal-themes" folder as well for any that want to set it up. ...done!

jgmenu can follow either the gtk or openbox theme.  I make both slightly different (on some themes) to provide variety.
For gtk:

jgmenu_run gtktheme

for openbox

jgmenu_run init --apply-obtheme

I know that some of the paths in  arch are different? May need to adjust accordingly.

#285 2022-01-17 16:56:58

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

Nice themes @Sleekmason...your work really shines!

/me heads over to Sleek's github  big_smile

That's a good way to check out themes by putting them in your user's .themes folder and if you like move them to the systemwide themes folder or just keep them for you main user.

Last edited by DeepDayze (2022-01-17 16:58:21)

Real Men Use Linux

#286 2022-01-18 13:29:38

eight.bit.al

sleekmason wrote:

My themes github could probably be cleaned up a bit.

Thanks for the helpful write-up. It's probably just me, but it helps understanding what's in your github.

Take any, or all matching themes of both, and place both of them in either ~/.themes (make folder if not there) to check them out without root, or for permanent use place them in /usr/share/themes.

Do the same with ~/.local/share/applications/ for modified .desktop files to fix that odd icon that the icon set had no answer for; and to set location(s) in the menu hierarchy.

The Geany themes will be found in "Geany". .

This is what sold me on the theme, how well integrated/complete it is. Nice work.
Thanks again.

8bit

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2022-01-18 14:30:12)

#287 2022-01-18 22:50:55

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Website

Plasma is gone, BL is back on the menu...

Mj4GNa9t.png

The only package left behind from removing KDE was pulseaudio, and that was the one package that was preventing me from hearing audio using current FF on bullseye. I don't know what's handling what (pipewire, pipewire-media-session, pulseaudio) but it works and pulse didn't add anything to RAM usage, so all good.

Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

#288 2022-01-20 21:44:44

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Website

Mate on Bullseye. Stock except for theme tweaks (and removing those stupid handle dots from the panel)...

EulAoFIt.png

I forgot how nice GNOME 2 was, this is good.

Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Board footer