You are not logged in.

#151 2019-11-07 04:21:35

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: bl-exit replacement suggestions

dolly wrote:

a stronger marking of which button is active when moving from one to another with the arrow keys. A strong easily recognizable contrast that leaves the user without doubt of which of the buttons that is chosen.

Agree. I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix though. Maybe @hhh can tweak the GTK theme a bit?

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog, idle Twitterings and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#152 2019-11-29 16:16:48

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

^Ok, I just noticed one thing that might help with this. I am not sure but will try to explain. The problem is that the small dots that kind of mark the choice is nearly invisible. At the least to me.

I have just been editing a couple of documents in Libre Office that were originally saved as docx files. When I were finished with editing and wanted to save them, Libre wanted to know if I wanted them as odf or docx files. To choose one over the other I had to move between them with the arrow keys. The dots were clearly visible there, no problem to recognize them at all. The difference were that the dots were more in the center of the button, and not so close to the margin of the button. Maybe they were a tiny wee bit bigger too.

Could that be a possible tweak to bl-exit? smile

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

#153 2019-11-29 16:45:32

hhh
Meep!
Website

The yad styling options are limited, as far as I can tell. Just use the shortcuts. Enter for logout, Alt+S for suspend, Alt+b for reboot, Alt+P for Power Off. Pressing Alt when the exit dialog opens shows you the letter highlights. I remap bl-exit to Alt+X so I'm already over the Alt key for the next input.

#154 2019-11-29 18:22:27

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

@hhh; Ok styling options are what they are, so no point in wasting time on it. Thank you for the shortcuts tip! Will definetely try that next time I am on Lithium.

Am eeeeh... visiting another Debian Openbox atm.  wink

Edit; aaaaah, yes of course. That yad thing. I am ops as usual.  roll

Last edited by dolly (2019-11-30 15:40:48)

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

#155 2019-11-29 18:28:04

eight.bit.al

dolly wrote:

Am eeeeh... visiting another Debian Openbox atm.  wink

Do tell... :-)

8bit

A mind is a terrible thing not to change.
The problem lies not with new ideas, but in escaping the old ones.

Board footer