You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 16:29:02

rodeoflea

Terminator Layouts

I'm not sure if this is a version issue, but Terminator 1.90 doesn't seem to implement a layout correctly on launch.  All the child windows are there but they are collapsed to the borders.  Is there a workaround for this or possibly a way to upgrade terminator without breaking anything. The backports version also seems to be 1.90.

Cheers.

#2 2019-08-18 16:34:43

rodeoflea

Re: Terminator Layouts

Oh Geez. 

Please ignore this.  I'm an idiot.

Seems that launching it from a terminator terminal doesn't work but doing it from a menu entry works fine.

Sorry.

#3 2019-08-18 18:02:55

rbh

rodeoflea wrote:

Seems that launching it from a terminator terminal doesn't work but doing it from a menu entry works fine.

The default config-file for terminator is: ~/.config/terminator/config.

In the configfile, there is settings for:

[layouts]

If the menu entry you start is "x-terminal-emulator" och "terminator", terminator should obey the default configfile.
You should be able to startterminator with alternativ configfile: "terminator -g ~/.config/terminator/config3".

I tried that, but for mee it did notwork... I'm on buster, with termiantor 1.91-4.

God readings: FORUM RULES and Help page for forum post formatting

// Regards rbh

#4 2019-08-18 18:18:03

rodeoflea

Well, after further testing, the behaviour of terminator when launching with the layout (-l) parameter is random.  Sometimes it does what is in the config file, other times not.  Beats me.  I just keep launching until it works and then don't mess with it.  Not ideal but beggers can't be choosers eh.

#5 2019-08-25 00:46:39

rodeoflea

In case anyone is have similar problems with Terminator...I decided to install a lighter-weight terminal emulator (urxvt) and then install tmux as a mulitiplexer.  Works good and didn't have an outrageous learning curve.

Cheers

Board footer