You are not logged in.

#251 2019-08-10 14:36:39

crn

Re: jgmenu

malm wrote:

^^ Regarding the shadow, I suspect it's due to one of the settings in ui_create_window().
Do you get a shadow with dmenu or rofi?

I do not have dmenu or rofi so cant really test.

malm wrote:

The X11 properties WM_NAME and WM_CLASS are set for jgmenu windows. In compton we can make use of these for setting shadows https://jgmenu.github.io/integration.html#compton. Would that help?
I've had a quick look at the mutter source code, but it's not obvious to me how window type affects shadow; or indeed how we could set shadow depending on WM_CLASS or WM_NAME (or something else).

Not sure what but something in jgmenu is preventing wm to 'detect' it properly and apply effects. There are no animation nor shadows, transparency work though.
e.g.
when I right click on plank menu fades in (with shadow) and it fades away when closed but jgmenu just pops in/out of the screen. I'm new in all this so I wish I could be more helpful

#252 2019-08-10 16:43:10

damo
....moderator....

crn wrote:

...when I right click on plank menu fades in (with shadow) and it fades away when closed but jgmenu just pops in/out of the screen. I'm new in all this so I wish I could be more helpful

Look in the config of whichever compositor you seem to be using?

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#253 2019-08-10 19:07:49

crn

damo wrote:
crn wrote:

...when I right click on plank menu fades in (with shadow) and it fades away when closed but jgmenu just pops in/out of the screen. I'm new in all this so I wish I could be more helpful

Look in the config of whichever compositor you seem to be using?

I can change some settings using dconf but there is no option to exclude/include shadows for specific apps. Shadows are always on.

#254 2019-08-11 07:24:42

ohnonot
...again
Website

@damo: mutter itself provides shadows + compositing

Board footer