You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-06 19:47:45

r00t

how to use defaults rootpw in sudoers?

so i have a mount issue i thought polkit to change but ...  never found what i thought i was looking for ..

here is the setup ... i have sudo with no password actions for some... such as installing a program with apt, or mounting a usb stick, and some passworded actions veracrypt and a few others, bash was in there, i see though i removed it now ...   .

i have root password which is stronger for things like fdisk, bash, dd and the like... a system i like using that way, yes this means i have a ton of files all in sudoer.d/ which handles if password or not or root ... i hope iam making sense here... anyway it works correctly from the shell everytime, for every program.     

now what happens and i bet someone already knows, is when i go to auto mount something with the gvfs tools i think.

it mounts as root [i assume because of defaults rootpw ]and so i can't look at it   [well i can after i remount it by hand]

what am i changeing if not polkit ?

perhaps there is a gvfs config? or maybe its thunar settings somewhere?  ....   i thought it was all built from polkit but i could have incorrect understanding.

or am i just changing AdminIdentities=unix-group:r00t  somehow ... perhaps to su ... reading more about polkit now..

Last edited by r00t (2019-05-06 20:41:12)

The distance between insanity, or genus is measured only by success .

#2 2019-05-07 04:51:42

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: how to use defaults rootpw in sudoers?

does the problem go away when you revert your sudo setup to what BL comes with?

#3 2019-05-08 17:12:59

r00t

ohnonot wrote:

does the problem go away when you revert your sudo setup to what BL comes with?

yes it does, i set it back for the time being ...

#4 2019-05-08 18:16:46

r00t

correction no it doses not, after a restart ... it went back to loading it as root..

i mean i just remount it, but would be nice to fix whatever helper  needs editing... 

my thoughts now, something to do with pkexec   which i thought was polkit ...just looking in the .configs for thunar .. the open as root in thunar is also failing ... i don't use it ... but it is failing ...  so i am thingking that pkexec is the cause ...   could be wrong it happens ..

the rootpw options dose mess up pkexec it seems, not sure what i'm doing there but i'll have a look and post a solution or, read someones solution when i get a chance to play around with it..

Last edited by r00t (2019-05-08 19:13:09)

Board footer