You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-17 01:09:19

KrunchTime

Re: BL stretch BUG: nitrogen --restore fails

...unnecessary fork()s and potential conflicts... ?  I just diff'd the original file with what I now have and there isn't much difference.  By forks, are you referring to the use of &?  I can't remember specific details, but I've found the stock autostart file not to work optimally for me.  What I provided above seems to work better, other than the possible issue with nitrogen.

#27 2017-09-17 02:40:39

johnraff
nullglob
Website

KrunchTime wrote:

I wasn't aware of anything else being required other than adding the appropriate entry in ~/.config/openbox/autostart.

What's expected when installing helium-dev is that you allow the system to install all the default user config files from /usr/share/bunsen/skel, along with all the other configuration. This will be done automatically in a new install.

If you import old config files from other systems then it's at your own risk, and the least we can expect when responding to bug reports is that you tell us what changes you've made to the default system. (The same problem ocurred over keyboard shortcuts not present in your obsolete rc.xml.)

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#28 2017-09-17 02:43:29

johnraff
nullglob
Website

KrunchTime wrote:

I can't remember specific details, but I've found the stock autostart file not to work optimally for me.  What I provided above seems to work better, other than the possible issue with nitrogen.

Really, a bug report on what problems you had with the stock autostart file would have been much more useful for us.

If you have issues with your customized file, then please post a request for help in "Help andSupport".

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#29 2017-09-17 23:40:12

KrunchTime

johnraff wrote:

What's expected when installing helium-dev is that you allow the system to install all the default user config files from /usr/share/bunsen/skel, along with all the other configuration.

Did that, saved the defaults, and then replaced the defaults with my previously saved configs from BL-Hydrogen.

johnraff wrote:

If you import old config files from other systems then it's at your own risk, and the least we can expect when responding to bug reports is that you tell us what changes you've made to the default system. (The same problem ocurred over keyboard shortcuts not present in your obsolete rc.xml.)

Noted...I'll try to remember that in the future.

#30 2018-05-14 15:24:35

dbvolvox

johnraff wrote:

^Are you sure it's not the wrong syntax in ~/.config/nitrogen/bg-saved.cfg?
in Stretch it now begins with

[xin_-1]

not the former

[:0.0]

I've had no issues with restoring wallpaper in helium-dev since making that change.

I needed to do this on my recent install of the Helium release.

#31 2019-02-10 06:12:11

jesito
Website

dbvolvox wrote:
johnraff wrote:

^Are you sure it's not the wrong syntax in ~/.config/nitrogen/bg-saved.cfg?
in Stretch it now begins with

[xin_-1]

not the former

I've had no issues with restoring wallpaper in helium-dev since making that change.

I needed to do this on my recent install of the Helium release.

Me too. I've just installed Helium (64bits) from the stock image and got the same problem.
To me it seems that at any time we add a new wallpaper it gets added with the old [:0.0] instead of the new [xin_-1]...

This is my bg-saved.cfg just after adding a new wallpaper:

[xin_-1]
file=/home/jesito/Pictures/wallpapers/wallpaper-1024x768.jpg
mode=4
bgcolor=#000000

file=/home/jesito/Pictures/wallpapers/537554_jestingstock-com-hd-camera-lens-wallpapers_1680x1050_h.jpg
mode=4
bgcolor=#000000

At restart it keeps showing the first wallpaper, if replacing [:0.0] in the second by [xin_-1] it shows the later.

3D or not 3D, that is not anymore the question.

#32 2019-02-28 07:36:42

hathor
Website

Change nitrogen by oboinus

lenovo thinkpad t420s

#33 2019-03-01 01:08:58

hhh
Meep!
Website

^ Moving forward, it's not available in buster. It depends on feh anyway, and you can set a background with feh and add the following to your Openbox openstart to make it persistent (comment out nitrogen --restore, of course)...

sh ~/.fehbg &

#34 2019-03-01 02:11:41

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

You can also use something like:

feh ~/wallpaper -g 640x480 --scale-down

in a menu or *.desktop file to get a slideshow window for your wallpapers. Use the left/right arrow keys to cycle through the images; up/down to zoom. RIght click on the window for a menu with an option to set the image as wallpaper.

Change "~/wallpaper" to your wallpaper location and set the geometry to the same ratio as your screen and it's a pretty handy utility.

Last edited by PackRat (2019-03-01 02:12:08)

You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

#35 2019-03-01 02:25:08

damo
....moderator....

^ I had forgotten about that. Great feature smile

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Board footer