You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-15 16:28:22

sexynsmartjenny

iphone (iOS) emulator

hi guys:

I heard that there's something called iphone ios emulator for windows, such that you can use iphone apps on your pc. So I was wondering if there's something similar for bunsenlabs users.

Really appreciated if anyone can help me out ^_^

#2 2019-02-15 17:21:07

twoion
ほやほや

Re: iphone (iOS) emulator

Probably not. Probably you've been hearing about Apple's xcode IDE which has a Windows version, and comes with an emulation layer to preview apps. You probably 'can', but only if you run a VM with Windows or macOS in which you then can run Xcode.

A silent kite against the blue, blue sky

#3 2019-02-15 18:36:24

THX1138

iphone ios emulator - mind blown
dang that never occurred to me such a thing even existed, even in windows, actually especially in windows

The telephone is an antiquity - you never know who is calling, there is no image, it is an outmoded product which constantly disrupts work (Ralf Hutter (Kraftwerk)) ps: my wife knows how much I dislike being disrupted at Work - Ralf Hutter hit the nail on the head there

#4 2019-02-15 19:20:48

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

Until recently I don't think it existed for Windows either, so far as I'm aware Xcode is the only one, & that certainly used to be strictly Apple only, which generally meant buying a Mac or quietly ignoring the OSX License & running a hackintosh, real or virtual.  I certainly don't know of any native Linux way to emulate ios.

To date from what I found when I had a quick look I have to agree with twoion "a VM with Windows or macOS in which you then can run Xcode" was the only answer I saw suggested anywhere, actually I saw no mention of Windows, but I didn't look that hard.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

#5 2019-02-15 21:06:10

damo
....moderator....

The @OP has already had the suggestion of using iOS in a VM, in a previous thread.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#6 2019-02-15 21:12:33

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

damo wrote:

The @OP has already had the suggestion of using iOS in a VM, in a previous thread.

And MacOS isn't iOS (not quite), othewise you'd not need Xcode you could run stuff directly in a VM, rather than running an emulator on top of the VM's guest OS... If you're going to get picky about what has or hasn't been said elsewhere I'll get pedantic.

So far as I'm aware there isn't a VM that will run iOS directly, which would invalidate the suggestion you refer to.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

Board footer