You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-16 18:32:26

Martin
Website

Configuring Logitech Trackman Marble

Last time I made a fresh install on this computer I was helped by this thread to set up buttons on my Logitech Trackman marble.

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=1489

With Helium I found my old set-up (editing of /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf)

Going back to Arch Linux's Wiki I read on and found that "As of version 3.16 GDM/Gnome uses libinput. For the device to work as described in the above section you need to install xf86-input-libinput and instead append this to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-libinput.conf."

In our case it is /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf that needs this addition:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier      "Marble Mouse"
        MatchProduct    "Logitech USB Trackball"
        Driver          "libinput"
        Option          "ScrollMethod" "button"
        Option          "ScrollButton" "9"
        Option          "MiddleEmulation" "on"
EndSection

Seems to work for me. I hope someone finds this helpful.

/Martin

Last edited by Martin (2018-12-16 18:35:31)

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#2 2019-01-02 22:57:33

phle

Re: Configuring Logitech Trackman Marble

Thank you! - That worked splendid on my freshly installed Helium as well!

I assume the xf86-input-libinput is already "onboard", as all I needed to do was append the code snippet to the mentioned file.

Marble mouse-scrolling was the only thing not working using my old "cheat sheets" (it's been quite some time since I last fiddled with my setup, apart from the update-upgrade's, so I figured I'd try a from-scratch-install this time).
Read the Arch-page but saw "May 2012", and then didn't bother / were too tired to experiment / read further. Now, after having found your post, I see it later also says "March 2018" - which is the part needed for scrolling.

(Hm. Maybe I should update my forum signature? It was a looong time since I was here last time ... because things just work.)

BunsenLabs 8.2→8.4 "Hydrogen" RC1  ||  scratch that: it's got "Deuterium" now  /2017-06-17   Woo! BL 9.6 "Helium"! /2019-01-02
#5 (main, defunct battery) 64-bit UEFI: (Windows 8.1), BunsenLabs  |  #3 (noisy) 32-bit  ||  TypeMatrix 2030 USB (blank) + "skin",  Logitech Marble Mouse USB  ||  ¤  Se vi scivolas: Mi estas ina.  ¤  (Mi provas lerni E-on, sed ankoraŭ ne majstri ĝin.) ¤

Board footer