You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-25 22:52:05

Doom666

problems installing wine/wine32

Hi there!
got new second hand laptop so I thought would be a perfect chance to get to run bunsenlabs again, I dont know why, but i love the distro!
anyway, as a good nerd, I feel the urge to instal Morrowind.exe (Is a kind of ritual I have, intall it, run it for 10 minutes, and my computer is baptized)
anyway, i instaled wine from synaptic package manager, and when trying to install, or  run the installer i get:

odemak@BUNSEN:~/Downloads$ wine morrowind.exe 
it looks like wine32 is missing, you should install it.
as root, please execute "apt-get install wine32"
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\odemak\Downloads\morrowind.exe.

so, as an intelligent human i thought I was :

odemak@BUNSEN:~/Downloads$ sudo apt-get install wine32
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package wine32 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'wine32' has no installation candidate

So I went back and fourth in the internet and same dealas always, try this, try that, and dont want to throw blind copy pastes to the console, I would like this time to learn and understand how things works.
I would like to be able to use wine with ease, with morrowind, reaper DAW and other things alike , so if someone can through some light to what happens and why?
as  a sidenote, I am used to run bunsenlabs before and I remember it to be ridiculously fast in any rusty computer, now though, Im a bit suspicious since yeah, is fast, but not "ridiculously blasting fas as I recall", is there any comand ordiagnosis to see that everything is right how it should (Yeah I install it with unetbootin) just to see that everything is as it should?
thank you guys, Im genuinly happy to writte in this forum again!

But why would you do that!?
Because Black Metal, Thats why!

#2 2018-12-25 23:49:22

damo
....moderator....

Re: problems installing wine/wine32

As always, check out the font of Debian knowledge first! https://wiki.debian.org/Wine

In particular, note Step 1

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2018-12-26 11:14:21

twoion
ほやほや

Doom666 wrote:

Hi there!
got new second hand laptop so I thought would be a perfect chance to get to run bunsenlabs again, I dont know why, but i love the distro!
anyway, as a good nerd, I feel the urge to instal Morrowind.exe (Is a kind of ritual I have, intall it, run it for 10 minutes, and my computer is baptized)
anyway, i instaled wine from synaptic package manager, and when trying to install, or  run the installer i get:

odemak@BUNSEN:~/Downloads$ wine morrowind.exe 
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\odemak\Downloads\morrowind.exe.

so, as an intelligent human i thought I was :

odemak@BUNSEN:~/Downloads$ sudo apt-get install wine32
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package wine32 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'wine32' has no installation candidate

So I went back and fourth in the internet and same dealas always, try this, try that, and dont want to throw blind copy pastes to the console, I would like this time to learn and understand how things works.
I would like to be able to use wine with ease, with morrowind, reaper DAW and other things alike , so if someone can through some light to what happens and why?
as  a sidenote, I am used to run bunsenlabs before and I remember it to be ridiculously fast in any rusty computer, now though, Im a bit suspicious since yeah, is fast, but not "ridiculously blasting fas as I recall", is there any comand ordiagnosis to see that everything is right how it should (Yeah I install it with unetbootin) just to see that everything is as it should?
thank you guys, Im genuinly happy to writte in this forum again!

Please check out the playonlinux package! It's a WINE frontend (GUI) and contains WINE recipies for installing lots of software, including games. It'll take care of WINE dependencies, WINEtricks, and so on, and contains tweaks and workarounds for software that needs it.

Im grünen Wald, dort wo die Drossel singt…

#4 2018-12-26 18:13:59

Doom666

thanks, somehow I managed to install it with some errors, but now came the time of triying to install openmw, and that seems mission impossible sad I will try with play on linux to see if after reestart it works now, If I cant I will explain my miseries here

#5 2018-12-27 01:00:28

DeepDayze

Just closely follow the instructions in the thread how to install Playonlinux and if done right your games should launch. If you have a 64 bit system you need to set up multiarch and that thread will show how to set it up PRIOR to installing Playonlinux.

Real Men Use Linux

#6 2018-12-27 03:04:55

Doom666

trying to install openmw i find in the page:

The Debian Way

OpenMW is available from the unstable (sid) repository of Debian contrib and can be easily installed if you are using testing or unstable. However, it depends on several packages which are not in stable, so it is not possible to install OpenMW in Wheezy without creating a FrankenDebian. This is not recommended or supported.what Im suposed to do?

which says nothing to me haha,

#7 2018-12-27 03:07:07

DeepDayze

Doom666 wrote:

The Debian Way

OpenMW is available from the unstable (sid) repository of Debian contrib and can be easily installed if you are using testing or unstable. However, it depends on several packages which are not in stable, so it is not possible to install OpenMW in Wheezy without creating a FrankenDebian. This is not recommended or supported.what Im suposed to do?

If you have a Wheezy system you should definitely upgrade to Stretch or if you have Stretch then perhaps there may be someone chiming in to help.

Real Men Use Linux

#8 2018-12-28 15:05:32

Doom666

DeepDayze wrote:
Doom666 wrote:

The Debian Way

If you have a Wheezy system you should definitely upgrade to Stretch or if you have Stretch then perhaps there may be someone chiming in to help.

what is a Wheezy and Strech system? I installed the last Bunsenlabs ... where can I read information about this?

#9 2018-12-28 18:28:42

damo
....moderator....

damo wrote:

As always, check out the font of Debian knowledge first!

https://www.debian.org/releases/

The current BL release is Helium, derived from Debian 9 (Stretch). Backports are packages built from newer sources, but  designed to run on a Stable system.

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#10 2018-12-29 01:36:22

DeepDayze

damo wrote:
damo wrote:

As always, check out the font of Debian knowledge first!

https://www.debian.org/releases/

The current BL release is Helium, derived from Debian 9 (Stretch). Backports are packages built from newer sources, but  designed to run on a Stable system.

Exactly what I meant...BL Helium is based on Debian Stretch aka Stable. Not sure if OpenMW has been backported to Stable and not sure how easy that is to do.

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer