You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-15 16:52:54

pepemopap

Grub freezes on Apollo Lake

Hi to everyone. I have problems traying to install Bunsen in Apollo Lake laptop.
Grub has a recognized problem with Apollo Lake processors. The only distro i can start is Ubuntu 18.04. Other distros simply dont start. I have tried with Bunsen Helium and Debian testing and dont start, grub freezes.
In the bios i cant set legacy mode, only UEFI.

I have read that refind loader is compatible. I can start refind using a USB and it detect busen installation in other USB, but when select it freezes. I have tried to add a new menuentry in refind.conf without success.

Seems there are a script called isorespin.sh that convert a grub ISO into refind ISO, but is not Debian compatible.

Any has solved similar problem or have any idea?
Thanks.

#2 2018-05-16 06:11:02

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Grub freezes on Apollo Lake

It should be possible to install BunsenLabs from the Ubuntu live environment by following this guide:

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=3800

Once that is done, rEFInd could then be added to get it booting — direct it to /vmlinux & /initrd.img, these are symlinks maintained to the current kernel & initramfs.

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#3 2018-05-16 21:02:13

pepemopap

Re: Grub freezes on Apollo Lake

Wow! Very interesting! I have never mind use chroot for install a new system. I will try and hope Debian fix the problem soon.
Thanks very much

Board footer