You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-25 05:17:37

hhh
Meep!
Website

[RESOLVED] Last minute visual tweaks (grub wallpaper)

@johnraff and everyone, the grub screen has an old-ish issue where the text gets lost in the lower-left corner of the background. Instead of tweaking the text colors, can we just use a darker background for /usr/share/images/bunsen/grub/default.png?

This one is working well for me...

default.png

Also, @johnraff, did the new bl-exit color settings make it into RC1? My install shows the old ones with the too-bright mouse hover color.

#2 2018-04-25 06:04:16

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: [RESOLVED] Last minute visual tweaks (grub wallpaper)

hhh wrote:

@johnraff and everyone, the grub screen has an old-ish issue where the text gets lost in the lower-left corner of the background.

This was well discussed a while ago. HoaS came up with the "high contrast text" boot entry which is supposed to fix this. From here: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic … 161#p67161

@johnraff, did the new bl-exit color settings make it into RC1? My install shows the old ones with the too-bright mouse hover color.

They're there: https://github.com/BunsenLabs/bunsen-ex … /helium.rc
My guess is you've got a ~/.config/bl-exit/ whose contents are overriding the new defaults in /etc/bl-exit. (That shouldn't happen with a fresh iso install though.) Anyway, try renaming ~/.config/bl-exit.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#3 2018-04-25 20:56:22

malm
jgmenu developer
Website

I installed beta3 three times on different machines. It all seemed very solid to me. I should have given some feedback big_smile

The only thing that did strike me was that the grub text was hard to read. I remembered the previous thread, so decided not to mention it, but as it's just been flagged again, I thought I'd say my piece. I welcome hhh's suggestion.

#4 2018-04-26 04:16:56

hhh
Meep!
Website

^ Just download the image I posted, rename your current /usr/share/images/bunsen/grub/default.png to something like default.png.orig and move the new default.png to /usr/share/images/bunsen/grub/ and reboot. You don't need to run update-grub.

@johnraff, thanks!

#5 2018-04-26 05:17:19

johnraff
nullglob
Website

If the "High Contrast Text" menu item is an acceptable workaround, @hhh and @malm, then the Grub menu can be released as it is now, and if we decide later that a darker splash image would be better after all, then it can be pushed as an upgrade to bunsen-configs. OK?

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#6 2018-04-26 06:15:37

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

To clarify: the background only changes if the menuentry is edited, it was presumed that the content would not need to be read until it needed to be changed.

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#7 2018-04-26 08:07:42

malm
jgmenu developer
Website

I'm happy. Don't feel at all strongly about it.

#8 2018-04-27 07:24:26

hhh
Meep!
Website

johnraff wrote:

If the "High Contrast Text" menu item is an acceptable workaround, @hhh and @malm, then the Grub menu can be released as it is now, and if we decide later that a darker splash image would be better after all, then it can be pushed as an upgrade to bunsen-configs. OK?

+1

#9 2018-04-27 07:28:51

hhh
Meep!
Website

I've edited the thread title for clarity.

Board footer