You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 01:03:41

dove

external drives refuse to mount

I'm running crunchbang upgraded to stretch. external drives (SD cards, thumb drives, external hard drives) refuse to mount suddenly saying (Failed to mount " Volume" Not authorized to perform operation). everything was working fine. Any help would be very nice,

#2 2017-12-01 01:22:47

hhh
TESTING!!!!!!!
Website

Re: external drives refuse to mount

We can't support a #! install upgraded to stretch. Try BunsenLabs upgraded to stretch and post back, or post if you need help doing that, or I can move this thread to BL/Linux General Discussion. Thanks!

#3 2017-12-01 01:26:28

dove

Move it if that would work thanx

#4 2017-12-01 01:36:57

dove

I'm running crunchbang upgraded to stretch. external drives (SD cards, thumb drives, external hard drives) refuse to mount suddenly saying (Failed to mount " Volume" Not authorized to perform operation). everything was working fine. Any help would be very nice

#5 2017-12-01 07:08:04

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

dove wrote:

I'm running crunchbang upgraded to stretch.

Interesting, not seen that before  glasses

How did the upgrades go? Any problems?

Can we see the output of

apt-cache policy
dove wrote:

external drives (SD cards, thumb drives, external hard drives) refuse to mount suddenly saying (Failed to mount " Volume" Not authorized to perform operation). everything was working fine.

When did stuff stop working? Was it immediately after the upgrade?

If you start `thunar` (the file manager) from a terminal window, what are the exact error messages that appear in the terminal when the attempted mount fails?

Threads merged.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" — Richard Feynman

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   bunsenlabs(7)

Board footer