You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-10 16:10:14

doman

(newbe user of debian) CTRL C and CTR V nor working on bunsenLabs

Hallo
Im new user of bunsenLab distro.
I change Linux Lite to BunsenLab distro. The bunsen is more stable and fast then Lite..
Im using last version of Operaweb browser.
When i open PDF file i can't copy text by CTR C and paste witch CTR V.
I opening pdf in Opera and pdf viewier Gnome.

Is any resolve for this situation?

#2 2017-09-10 16:37:23

martix
Kim Jong-un Stunt Double

Re: (newbe user of debian) CTRL C and CTR V nor working on bunsenLabs

There are several possible solutions for your situation. E.g. you can install Atril

sudo apt install atril

and open the pdf file with it. Select the text there, right click on it and choose "copy" or simply select + "ctrl+c". After that you can use paste or "ctrl+v".

#3 2017-09-10 18:14:36

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

doman wrote:

When i open PDF file i can't copy text by CTR C and paste witch CTR V

Have you tried using right-click & drag to select the text then middle-click to paste it?

That works with evince in my BunsenLabs system and is more convenient than those silly chording "shortcuts", no?

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#4 2017-09-10 19:48:19

tknomanzr
BL Die Hard

This is likely due to one of two conditions:

1.) Security is turned on in the document, thus disallowing you to copy/paste from the document.
2.) The document is an image, such as a scan. Please note that with Adobe products, it is possible for me to create a document in Indesign and then flatten the resulting pdf, which will compress the document, among other things. However font information is lost and the resulting print process will treat the entire document as an image. This is not so great as all fonts are then treated as an image as well. We usually don't flatten pdf's in order to produce the best quality document for the printing process. Among other things, font information is retained and the pdf creator uses less compression on the images.

TL;DR

It is likely an issue with how the document was created, not with keybind collisions, etc. If the pdf is flattened, you will need to treat it as an image. If it is not flattened but secured then there might not be much you can do with it.

#5 2017-09-11 18:04:50

ohnonot
...again
Website

either way it's not a bug of either bunsenlabs or debian.

but the unholy confusion between primary and secondary selection and primary and secondary clipboard could be considered a very long-standing bug in gnu/linux...

Board footer