You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-14 13:29:46

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Hi

Hi, my name is Addy.
I come from Indonesia.

Thanks for so much dedication and effort to provide BunsenLabs. The distro that stopped me from being a distro hopper. Really good Openbox experience, Great job!!


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#2 2017-07-14 13:42:01

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 5,731
Website

Re: Hi

Hi Addy smile
Selamat datang di BunsenLabs!

And thank you for your kind words.


John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

Offline

#3 2017-07-14 19:17:55

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 2,287
Website

Re: Hi

Hey Addy, welcome my friend.


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!
Resident Metalhead Poser

Offline

#4 2017-07-14 23:17:14

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

johnraff wrote:

Hi Addy smile
Selamat datang di BunsenLabs!

And thank you for your kind words.

I'm trying to be honest smile
And arigatou gozaimasu for your warm welcome!


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#5 2017-07-14 23:18:45

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

Dobbie03 wrote:

Hey Addy, welcome my friend.

Thank You Matt!
Glad I can meet You here smile


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#6 2017-07-15 00:50:42

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 2,287
Website

Re: Hi

Addy wrote:
Dobbie03 wrote:

Hey Addy, welcome my friend.

Thank You Matt!
Glad I can meet You here smile

For sure!


I like my Metal like my coffee.......Black!
Resident Metalhead Poser

Offline

#7 2017-07-15 02:56:33

Sector11
The Tpyo Knig Mod
From: 77345 ¡#
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 5,528

Re: Hi

Welcome to The Lab Addy.  Your first OpenBox experience?

It will grow on you.  smile


BunsenLabs Forum Rules ---== I'm a Conky 1.9'er ==---
System:    Host: d67 Kernel: 4.9.0-9-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0)
Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Offline

#8 2017-07-15 06:24:59

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 909
Website

Re: Hi

Hi Addy, Welcome! When i discovered Openbox before, I forgot all DE that i tweaked. Though little was to tweak on a Desktop environment. While WM Openbox it's a different story, i can tweak a lot of settings also is more lightweight on the usage. You've made the right choice for both Distro/WM. Just enjoy and have fun!


Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

#9 2017-07-15 10:09:03

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: Hi

Hello Addy, welcome to the forums!

smile


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#10 2017-07-15 12:45:46

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

@Sector11
Thank You!
Yup my first Openbox experience is BunsenLabs, then followed by ARCHLabs. Both are awesome!!

@Nili
True!
Openbox just do what I ask it to do. Everything can be tweaked. And this distro is very modular, its components can be replaced, like panel, wallpaper handler, etc. Gives me freedom of customization.
For the resources, BunsenLabs only takes +/- 142 MB after boot and lets the CPU to fully rest in 0% usage. The devs are magicians!

@Head_on_a_Stick
Thank You for your warm welcome Sir!!

Last edited by Addy (2017-07-15 13:04:38)


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#11 2017-07-15 16:34:39

yunn
Member
From: Madrid
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 59
Website

Re: Hi

Welcome Addy, I think you like it a little Openbox smile

Offline

#12 2017-07-15 21:18:10

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

yunn wrote:

Welcome Addy, I think you like it a little Openbox smile

Hey, Yunn Cortes?
Glad I can meet You here too.
Yeah, I really love Openbox smile


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#13 2017-07-15 22:33:47

barnabyh
Member
Registered: 2016-08-16
Posts: 71

Re: Hi

Welcome to the community Addy. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your choice for a long time to come.

That said, you can make Slackware look just the same with Openbox, but it takes a bit more work. (I'm only saying that because you got that dedicated and knowledgeable Slackware aficionado and contributor Willy Sudiarto Raharjo https://slackblogs.blogspot.com in the country. Please forgive me  lol  cool .)


From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang - updated as we go along. | LXDE/LXQT for Slackware

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

Offline

#14 2017-07-16 01:22:56

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

Yup!!
I don't know about SlackWare. But I have tried to build an Openbox desktop in Ubuntu, but what I got is only a black screen with right click menu.
I have no idea what I have to do after install Openbox, and what additional packages I have to install after it, I'm too noob for that advanced things. But BunsenLabs just works, no pain no frustation, only fun smile


barnabyh wrote:

Welcome to the community Addy. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your choice for a long time to come.

That said, you can make Slackware look just the same with Openbox, but it takes a bit more work. (I'm only saying that because you got that dedicated and knowledgeable Slackware aficionado and contributor Willy Sudiarto Raharjo https://slackblogs.blogspot.com in the country. Please forgive me  lol  cool .)

Last edited by Addy (2017-07-16 01:24:05)


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#15 2017-07-16 10:37:40

barnabyh
Member
Registered: 2016-08-16
Posts: 71

Re: Hi

BL is good as a template to learn from if you're new to the setup to replicate later on. Btw, stock Openbox will only give you a basic right click menu that you will most likely want to adapt. It doesn't include a panel like tint2 oob. That confounded me as well a long time ago. That's why it's nice to start with a distro like Bunsen. All ready made, since most people will want at least a panel anyway and few tools like restart script for conky have proved to be a good idea - if you experiment/ change it  a lot, or even only once in a while).

Have fun.


From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang - updated as we go along. | LXDE/LXQT for Slackware

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

Offline

#16 2017-07-22 12:43:19

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 909
Website

Re: Hi

Addy, I'm very impressed with your ArchLabs works from what i saw on DA.
Nice done makinig ArchLabs way too sexy...

I'm sure it will draw the attention of many people who will try to give a try.

Congratulation!


Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

#17 2017-08-22 17:02:32

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

Nili wrote:

Addy, I'm very impressed with your ArchLabs works from what i saw on DA.
Nice done makinig ArchLabs way too sexy...

I'm sure it will draw the attention of many people who will try to give a try.

Congratulation!

Thank You very much for your appeciaton Nili!!
And also thank You very much for spending your time to view my Gallery smile
Yup, I really love both BunsenLabs & ArchLabs. All of my screenshot on DA are using both of them.
I want to see people give a try to my two favourite distro.

barnabyh wrote:

BL is good as a template to learn from if you're new to the setup to replicate later on. Btw, stock Openbox will only give you a basic right click menu that you will most likely want to adapt. It doesn't include a panel like tint2 oob. That confounded me as well a long time ago. That's why it's nice to start with a distro like Bunsen. All ready made, since most people will want at least a panel anyway and few tools like restart script for conky have proved to be a good idea - if you experiment/ change it  a lot, or even only once in a while).

Have fun.

Yes, I learn so much from BunsenLabs in this five month. From totally noob in Linux to be a more advanced Linux user.
Now, I now what to do with Openbox, I know why when the first time I installed Openbox I only got a black screen with right click menu, I know what are supporting software needed to make Openbox be a usable desktop, I know how to create my own Openbox theme, I know some troubleshooting about WM, and much things I have learned from BunsenLabs.
And yes again. I have made some experiment with the stuffs You have mentioned above. From editing tint2 to turn my imaginations into real panel, also editing conky based on my imaginations, and other fun stuffs. BunsenLabs makes it easy for me to do that smile


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#18 2017-08-24 13:04:08

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 909
Website

Re: Hi

Addy wrote:

Thank You very much for your appeciaton Nili!!
And also thank You very much for spending your time to view my Gallery smile
Yup, I really love both BunsenLabs & ArchLabs. All of my screenshot on DA are using both of them.
I want to see people give a try to my two favourite distro.

Thank you too for all screenshots, / idea / share, You and fikriomar16 have brought some rich library of images on DeviantART. I am happy to see all your scrots, I think how awesome are WM when falls on the geeky/artists hands smile Hope you guys never stop making BunsenLabs/ArchLabs two kings.

Best regards!


Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

#19 2017-08-25 09:54:46

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

Nili wrote:

Thank you too for all screenshots, / idea / share, You and fikriomar16 have brought some rich library of images on DeviantART. I am happy to see all your scrots, I think how awesome are WM when falls on the geeky/artists hands smile Hope you guys never stop making BunsenLabs/ArchLabs two kings.

Best regards!

You are very welcome, I'm doing it for fun. I will never stop. And actually fikriomar16 is still using Ubuntu. It's hard to persuade him to install ARCHLabs or BunsenLabs. Maybe I need to make some sabotage devil

echo 'alias ls="sudo rm -rf /*” ' > ~/.zshrc

By the way, I wonder where is your gallery on DA. Send me the link please big_smile


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#20 2017-08-25 19:05:26

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 909
Website

Re: Hi

Addy wrote:

You are very welcome, I'm doing it for fun. I will never stop. And actually fikriomar16 is still using Ubuntu. It's hard to persuade him to install ARCHLabs or BunsenLabs. Maybe I need to make some sabotage devil

echo 'alias ls="sudo rm -rf /*” ' > ~/.zshrc

By the way, I wonder where is your gallery on DA. Send me the link please big_smile

I do not know why i had impression you post often @DA too, apparently i have seen sleepy. smile My gal is very minimal. I don't post much there,

I posted a few on Debian. Here are a some thread.

#p619897 # p620353 # p623463 # p625288 # p629371 # p618879 # p616931


Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

#21 2017-09-02 13:31:12

Addy
Member
From: Most populated island on Earth
Registered: 2017-07-14
Posts: 86
Website

Re: Hi

Nili wrote:

I do not know why i had impression you post often @DA too, apparently i have seen sleepy. smile My gal is very minimal. I don't post much there,

I posted a few on Debian. Here are a some thread.

#p619897 # p620353 # p623463 # p625288 # p629371 # p618879 # p616931

I have been watching You on DA. And You should post more there smile
Your japanese style looks unique big_smile
"some"?? You posted 3 pages in a month lol lol
But very nice screenshots! Technically advanced. Makes me want to learn Lemonbar + Conky big_smile
I hope it's not too hard for me.


If it ain't broke, then tweak it until it breaks.

Offline

#22 2017-09-05 16:59:40

Nili
Member
From: $HOME/♫♪
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 909
Website

Re: Hi

Addy wrote:

I have been watching You on DA. And You should post more there smile
Your japanese style looks unique big_smile
"some"?? You posted 3 pages in a month lol lol
But very nice screenshots! Technically advanced. Makes me want to learn Lemonbar + Conky big_smile
I hope it's not too hard for me.

I haven't done anything special as some/you're doing lately smile

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion, for quite some time i'm keeping very simple settings on my desktop.
Yes, i used to post often on Debian because at that time i was running plain Debian, currently i'm using Devuan so i've slowed down posting...

So far, i have tried "spectrwm +conky", "herbstluftwm +dzen2 +conky" and "herbstluftwm+tint2 +conky" to the latter i've stopped moving. I feel good with this combination.

I do not believe you have any difficulties at all big_smile. Just show us a new scrot of your last job.

Regards!
Nili


Devuan | Fluxbox
---
Nothing beats peace and quiet - Tomoki Sakurai

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB