You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-28 18:10:26

changer

Problems with "I'm a human" test.

John asked that I post this as a separate bug report.
I had mentioned that the "I'm a human" test for this forum sent me in an endless circle of clicking on images, I finally tried the audio test and got through.

Note that I've got various security related Add-ons installed in Iceweasel. I did try disabling them one-by-one to try to get it to work, but didn't get it to. It's likely the Add-ons had something to do with it, but I might not be the only one who runs into that, so thought it was worth mentioning.

#2 2015-10-28 18:43:22

twoion
一期一会

Re: Problems with "I'm a human" test.

changer wrote:

John asked that I post this as a separate bug report.
I had mentioned that the "I'm a human" test for this forum sent me in an endless circle of clicking on images, I finally tried the audio test and got through.

Note that I've got various security related Add-ons installed in Iceweasel. I did try disabling them one-by-one to try to get it to work, but didn't get it to. It's likely the Add-ons had something to do with it, but I might not be the only one who runs into that, so thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm sorry to hear that, but whatever prevents recaptcha from working is a problem with the recaptcha system over which I have no control. It's a complex system which is also unavailable for command-line browsers or other open, independent browsers like dillo (didn't check). That's bad.

The captcha was implemented after wave of ~100 spam accounts was created over a couple of days. It's necessary for the boards to stay a pleasant place. recaptcha is a very "strong" captcha, and the best alternative I've found to the truly horrible ones with the distorted words.

I currently do not have the time to implement a more open human-verification-system like this one (see the bottom of the page), but intend to look into it in order to minimize the trade off.

We are also using the Stop Forum Spam IP database to block out known spammer IP addresses. I'm looking to expand the usage of their data to block known spammer emails and user names, too. Maybe that's a good alternative.

Until then: Please bear with it. I'm not a fan of such services myself; it's why I'm telling people to block Google services out in the forum rules.

#3 2015-10-31 15:34:15

hhh
Meep!
Website

Re: Problems with "I'm a human" test.

Forum cleanup, forum bugs aren't BL bugs so I'm moving this to Elementary School.

Board footer