You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-20 16:41:35

aanastasiou

Clarification on packaging

Hello everyone

I have a set of changes that I am applying on top of a bunsen based system and I would like to put them in a package and potentially make it available via git (or even launchpad later on).

I have an understanding of basic .deb packaging and I had a look at the bunsen packages on git.

Can I please ask where can I find more about the way your maintainer scripts are structured?

My understanding was that install and postinst (and the rest) were scripts. However, when I am looking into bunsen-utilities.install (for example), I infer that it directs the system to copy the local bin to usr and create a symbolic link from bl-exitrc to etc/bl-exit.

Also, rules is a make script and it is supposed to contain specific targets, but it seems to be a boilerplate file. So, what is the actual entry to the install process?

Looking forward to hearing from you

#2 2016-09-20 17:06:33

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Clarification on packaging

debian/rules drives the package building process.

The Debian New Maintainers' Guide is the reference you're looking for. It's all documented.

There is no competition between bugs. When you combine two awesome bugs, you get a totally awesome bug.

#3 2016-09-21 08:00:09

aanastasiou

Re: Clarification on packaging

Excellent, thank you very much for such a quick response.

Board footer