You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-24 23:05:43

dbickin
Member
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 37

[solved] Crunchbang update error

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/tint2_0.11+svn20111022-3_i386.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/tint2conf', which is also in package tint2conf 0.11~svn649-1

This update came through for my Crunchbang system, and it has been failing with this for the past few days. Everything in my system appears to be working correctly, so how can I either get this file to overwrite or remove this package from the update?

Thanks,
David

Last edited by dbickin (2016-05-25 14:38:20)

Offline

#2 2016-05-24 23:16:21

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 4,375

Re: [solved] Crunchbang update error

dbickin wrote:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/tint2_0.11+svn20111022-3_i386.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/tint2conf', which is also in package tint2conf 0.11~svn649-1

This update came through for my Crunchbang system, and it has been failing with this for the past few days. Everything in my system appears to be working correctly, so how can I either get this file to overwrite or remove this package from the update?

Thanks,
David

Crunchbang is dead as far as updates are concerned. The repos were taken down a long time ago, and anyway that tint2 package was breaking updates long before that.

I suggest you remove any crunchbang lines from your sources list, purge tint2/tint2conf, and reinstall tint2 from Debian Stable. And cross your fingers.


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Offline

#3 2016-05-25 14:38:01

dbickin
Member
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 37

Re: [solved] Crunchbang update error

Thanks. I removed the crunchbang source, and i remove the tint2conf package, which looked like it had come from crunchbang. The debian tint then installed fully and everything seems to work.

I suppose the day is going to come when I have to stop being lazy an try to document all the tweaks I had made to crunchbang, and try to replicate them in bunsen. My last attempt at bunsen ended when I came across some behavior that I recalled I had changed back in the crunchbang days, but couldn't remember HOW I had done it. So I just rebooted crunchbang and went on my way.

Anyway, thanks for helping me remove this annoyance. I can live in crunchbang bliss/ignorance for another day!

David

Offline

#4 2016-05-25 15:06:56

damo
....moderator....
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 4,375

Re: [solved] Crunchbang update error

dbickin wrote:

.... My last attempt at bunsen ended when I came across some behavior that I recalled I had changed back in the crunchbang days, but couldn't remember HOW I had done it. So I just rebooted crunchbang and went on my way.
...

If you tell us what the problem is I'm sure we can sort it out. Meantime, glad you fixed the issue!

Don't forget that the Crunchbang forum is still searchable, and your tint2 issue has often been covered there. The same probably goes for other problems you may come across wink


Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Offline

#5 2016-05-25 22:34:43

pvsage
Internal Affairs
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 1,433

Re: [solved] Crunchbang update error

damo wrote:
dbickin wrote:

.... My last attempt at bunsen ended when I came across some behavior that I recalled I had changed back in the crunchbang days, but couldn't remember HOW I had done it. So I just rebooted crunchbang and went on my way.
...

If you tell us what default behavior you had changed I'm sure we can sort it out.

...fixed. smile

There are many "behaviors" in #! and BL that are different from a default Debian LXDE install which were originally modified by Philip for his own personal use and were retained in BL by community consensus.  I'm sure opening a "how do I change X" thread in the Basic Help and Support area will get you answers quickly.


Be excellent to each other, and...party on, dudes!
BunsenLabs Forum Rules
Tending and defending the Flame since 2009

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB