You are not logged in.

#26 2016-04-18 06:37:01

becker_11
Website

Re: Ideas for a Visual Refresh

Love the ideas and would be interested to try them out. Thing is I tend to change my mind very quickly with themes. Corenominal's #!  grey being possibly the only theme I've stuck with long term on any distro/os.

In a nut shell. I'm in provided #!/BL grey remains an option.

#27 2016-04-18 14:35:39

damo
....moderator....

becker_11 wrote:

.... I'm in provided #!/BL grey remains an option.

I don't think we have ever considered removing it wink

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#28 2016-04-18 14:57:47

Peregrino69

Eraph wrote:

I love these choices

Seconded smile I think the red and purple could be toned down a bit. At least in my screens (3 with entirely different gamuts) they are screaming for attention, unlike the others.

#29 2016-04-18 15:20:46

cloverskull

#30 2016-04-19 00:45:27

hhh
Meep!
Website

^Ooo, very nice! Too bright for Bangers, I wonder if I can do an opposite color scheme for that.

re: The Original BL theme going away, two points...

We're talking long term, we're not shocking the monkey here, but let's get some ideas and feedback.

And two, I pointed out right after #! The End that a grey theme, a somewhat dated WM, a monospace system font and cool conky, compton and tint2 configs had captured the attention of an unexpected number of former and new Linux users, and that we shouldn't mess with that. BL-Hydrogen still has an updated version of Waldorf, I don't think we'll be dropping our legacy GTK2 themes until GTK2 goes away, and I'll do my best to ensure GTK3 keeps the same look (more or less) until it's too much of a PITA.

#31 2016-05-09 16:33:12

martix
Kim Jong-un Stunt Double

I love the battery and network icon on the color-themes.

It's only subjective but those four little icons on the left break somehow the simplicity. It's very easy to remove them though. It might be heresy to mention, I mean plain debian, obenbox, tint and conky, basically, but after trying out plank, I would almost say keep the grey simplicity and put those four (or even  more) icons on the left on an autohide-plank-dock. I know, might be a silly idea, but plank is humble, simple and brilliant - like #bĺ. Maybe I just like plank so much, because on smaller screens it makes a difference having more space on the tint bar for 3-4 tabs without icons (and the icons are still available on the dock).

#32 2016-05-09 16:57:36

damo
....moderator....

@martix
Personally I remove the launchers from my tint2's, since hotkeys launch them all more easily. BL decided that having them there is a good compromise between minimalism and functionality for new users. Many people coming from a full DE may find Openbox quite bare and unfamiliar anyway, and autohiding a dock could be a deal-breaker for someone trying a live session for the first time.

Remember the BunsenLabs philosophy - provide a lightweight but efficient environment, which can be configured any way the user likes.

If you get a good setup configured, then post it so we can all have a go smile

PS You can have the launchers in a separate tint2, with autohide. Another dock app isn't necessary.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

Board footer