You are not logged in.

#9661 2026-10-05 01:29:05

hhh
Hercule Poirot
From: Belgium
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 17,560
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Hot Butter - Hot Butter (a.k.a. Popcorn, 1972, featuring the Moog synthesizer with other instruments. I had this album along with Wendy Carlos' (at the time Walter Carlos) Switched on Bach. I was 8, and apparently pretty hip for a dorky kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9xDPa5 … X4evnbhCT8

I remember my parents getting me these albums (at my request) after my first pop album, Meet the Monkees by The Monkees (1966).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zuGV1rFyOM

^ Check out Sweet Young Thing and Gonna Buy Me a Dog at the end of the album starting at 25:05, those are great hidden gems. Nice shout out to They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! (1966, it went to No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 at the time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQNI1Kf … rt_radio=1


Why why why why?!!???

Offline

#9662 2026-10-05 13:57:51

hhh
Hercule Poirot
From: Belgium
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 17,560
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

New from Simon Charles Green

Bonobo - Distance In Static (September 11, 2026)
https://bonobomusic.bandcamp.com/album/ … -in-static

@glittersloth, @johnraff, @aeveryone, check it out.


Why why why why?!!???

Offline

#9663 2026-10-05 18:03:48

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 1,851

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Nirvana- Come As You Are (official video);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabnZ9-ex7o

Offline

#9664 Yesterday 13:27:47

ratcheer
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2015-10-05
Posts: 522

Re: What are you listening to right now?

A Fleetwood Mac video that I had never seen before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GKQSeCxknk

Offline

#9665 Yesterday 16:12:08

hhh
Hercule Poirot
From: Belgium
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 17,560
Website

Re: What are you listening to right now?

@ratcheer, I've never even heard the song before!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_So_Afraid

I can only think of three well known rock guitarists who never or rarely use a pick... Jeff Beck, Mark Knopfler and Lindsey Buckingham. Any I'm forgetting?


Why why why why?!!???

Offline

#9666 Yesterday 17:40:55

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 1,851

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fexNR7nxk8s

Offline

#9667 Yesterday 17:43:15

Colonel Panic
Member
Registered: 2018-11-13
Posts: 1,851

Re: What are you listening to right now?

hhh wrote:

@ratcheer, I've never even heard the song before!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_So_Afraid

I can only think of three well known rock guitarists who never or rarely use a pick... Jeff Beck, Mark Knopfler and Lindsey Buckingham. Any I'm forgetting?

Here's some more (including Robbie Krieger);

https://unanswered.io/guide/guitarists- … out-a-pick

Offline

#9668 Yesterday 18:38:58

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,082

Re: What are you listening to right now?

R-2949416-1409304689-9763.jpg


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#9669 Today 20:52:25

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,082

Re: What are you listening to right now?


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB