You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 18:34:45

audune
New Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 1

Not able to type anything, but keyboard shortcuts works

I just installed Bunsenlabs Carbon in Virtualbox (twice). I end up with an installation where the keyboard gives no input, but I can use the shortcuts for starting programs and log out/shutdown. I'm able to enter my username and password at the login screen, but as soon as I'm logged in I cannot type into terminal or text editor. My host OS is Kubuntu 24.04. Virtualbox version 7.0.16 EDIT: I now see that I have a lag of about 5 minutes for entering text. There is however no lag in switching windows and starting programs.

Last edited by audune (Yesterday 18:37:59)

Offline

#2 Today 16:24:51

hhh
Hercule Poirot
From: Belgium
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 17,545
Website

Re: Not able to type anything, but keyboard shortcuts works

BL Carbon on virtual machines is weird due to our compositor, picom, requiring 3D acceleration (scroll down to POSSIBLE ISSUES>2)...
https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=9675

You have the disc space, it might be easiest to create a testing partition and do an actual install of BL.

Thanks for registering to our forums and for the support post, @audune!


Why why why why?!!???

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB