You are not logged in.

#641 2026-10-01 05:11:10

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 13,491
Website

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Döbbie03 wrote:

Unfortunately, our options for image hosting seem to be dwindling.

Right now, looks like imgbb, postimages or pixhost?


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), now on Bluesky and Mastodon, there's also some GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Boron Desktop

Offline

#642 2026-10-01 05:11:48

Döbbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 4,375

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

johnraff wrote:
Döbbie03 wrote:

Unfortunately, our options for image hosting seem to be dwindling.

Right now, looks like imgbb, postimages or pixhost?

Seems to be the way. Frustrating, and rather odd.


"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
                                       - Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
                                       - Wayne Campbell

Offline

#643 2026-10-01 10:10:45

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Döbbie03 wrote:
johnraff wrote:
Döbbie03 wrote:

Unfortunately, our options for image hosting seem to be dwindling.

Right now, looks like imgbb, postimages or pixhost?

Seems to be the way. Frustrating, and rather odd.

https://freeimage.host/ is still working.

But cropped thumbnails:

nataYMJ.th.png

need medium linked to see full image

nataYMJ.md.png

Plasma desktop, dual monitor, waybar for system info.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#644 2026-10-01 15:47:30

Sector11
Mod Squid Tpyo Knig
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 8,432

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

freeimage

I have no problem with their cropped thumbnail.  At least it's fast.
I also have no problem with people just providing links to the image.

NICE WALL!
» Does that wallpaper have a 1920x1080 version?
» If not can you tell me where to get that one?


Debian 13 Beardog hosted by SoxDog
Still a Conky 1.9er at heart.

Offline

#645 2026-10-01 23:28:31

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Image size test -

ncCCwmJ.md.png

That's the BBcode Medium Linked option from freeimage.host. Laptop, 1920x1080 resolution.

They've downsized the linked image; I think this falls in the range for the screenshot thread.

@MarkW (anyone in the UK), can you see the image, or have they bailed on the UK also?


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#646 2026-10-01 23:35:56

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Sector11 wrote:

freeimage

I have no problem with their cropped thumbnail.  At least it's fast.
I also have no problem with people just providing links to the image.

NICE WALL!
» Does that wallpaper have a 1920x1080 version?
» If not can you tell me where to get that one?

Here you go:

ncCzC2S.md.jpg

No 1920x1080. - Image from here - https://ultrawidewallpapers.net/gallery?lang=en
You need to register for downloading; I registered, but I have a dead-letter gmail account I use for this sort of inconvenience.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#647 Yesterday 01:09:50

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 13,491
Website

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Don't forget to enable javascript for freeimage to view those. I was puzzling over the fuzzy blown-up thumbnails for a while...

But anyway, let's add freeimage to our list of candidates for image hosting.

PS But I'm in Japan so can't comment on UK availability.

Last edited by johnraff (Yesterday 01:11:33)


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), now on Bluesky and Mastodon, there's also some GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Boron Desktop

Offline

#648 Yesterday 02:11:38

Sector11
Mod Squid Tpyo Knig
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 8,432

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

PackRat wrote:

{ - - - - snip - - - - }
You need to register for downloading; I registered, but I have a dead-letter gmail account I use for this sort of inconvenience.

I have a similar email.  smile

Thanks for the wall.


Debian 13 Beardog hosted by SoxDog
Still a Conky 1.9er at heart.

Offline

#649 Yesterday 06:07:54

cog
Member
From: The Southwest
Registered: 2015-10-27
Posts: 683
Website

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

The image hosts used to be so much better.   There’s lots of liability involved though.  Wouldn’t want to be running one of those sites.

Offline

#650 Yesterday 09:46:38

johnraff
nullglob
From: Nagoya, Japan
Registered: 2015-09-09
Posts: 13,491
Website

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

cog wrote:

There’s lots of liability involved though.  Wouldn’t want to be running one of those sites.

That's probably a lot to do with it. Big lawsuits could come...


...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), now on Bluesky and Mastodon, there's also some GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Boron Desktop

Offline

#651 Yesterday 12:43:33

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 3,108

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

tj6XrEnt.png

Offline

#652 Yesterday 14:11:52

chroot
Member
Registered: 2024-12-12
Posts: 178

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

^imgur.com is pretty fast

Offline

#653 Today 05:37:20

Döbbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 4,375

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

778201456_screenshot_2026-10-03-18-35-17.png


"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
                                       - Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
                                       - Wayne Campbell

Offline

#654 Today 18:54:12

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Nice.

Are you planning a total switch to Alpine?


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#655 Today 18:55:50

Döbbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 4,375

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

PackRat wrote:

Nice.

Are you planning a total switch to Alpine?

I don't think so (as I type this from Gentoo). I like it a lot, but some packages (Firefox for example) are a bit out of date for my taste.
It is a very competent second distro. Saying that, I could happily switch to Alpine tomorrow if the need arose.


"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
                                       - Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
                                       - Wayne Campbell

Offline

#656 Today 19:15:46

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Döbbie03 wrote:
PackRat wrote:

Nice.

Are you planning a total switch to Alpine?

I don't think so (as I type this from Gentoo). I like it a lot, but some packages (Firefox for example) are a bit out of date for my taste.
It is a very competent second distro. Saying that, I could happily switch to Alpine tomorrow if the need arose.

Did you upgrade to Alpine Edge? The packages should be newer and Alpine has excellent QA/QC so it would be more like Void or Slackware-current than Arch.


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#657 Today 20:09:09

Döbbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 4,375

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

PackRat wrote:
Döbbie03 wrote:
PackRat wrote:

Nice.

Are you planning a total switch to Alpine?

I don't think so (as I type this from Gentoo). I like it a lot, but some packages (Firefox for example) are a bit out of date for my taste.
It is a very competent second distro. Saying that, I could happily switch to Alpine tomorrow if the need arose.

Did you upgrade to Alpine Edge? The packages should be newer and Alpine has excellent QA/QC so it would be more like Void or Slackware-current than Arch.

I am on edge. Current FF version available is 154, I just updated the other day to 157 on Gentoo. I'm patiently waiting for an update big_smile
I definitely consider Alpine in the vein of Void/Slack.


"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
                                       - Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
                                       - Wayne Campbell

Offline

#658 Today 20:30:16

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno
Registered: 2015-10-02
Posts: 3,079

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

Alpine is in the vein of *BSD.
Minimal, high-security Linux for Uber-Geeks.
Well worth it if you have the patience to set it up; their documentation is excellent.

Back on topic. EndeavourOS was sluggish for some reason. Switched to CachyOS

Screenshot-20261003-162317.png


You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

Offline

#659 Today 20:48:05

Döbbie03
Resident Metalhead
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 4,375

Re: 2026 Screenshot Thread

PackRat wrote:

Alpine is in the vein of *BSD.
Minimal, high-security Linux for Uber-Geeks.
Well worth it if you have the patience to set it up; their documentation is excellent.

I meant more in the approach to package updates. Feels a little more tested and measured.


"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
                                       - Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
                                       - Wayne Campbell

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB