You are not logged in.
It's a good question;
Offline
If people would know how little brain is ruling the world, they would die of fear.
Offline
Soft Cell - Danceteria (2026)
https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list … w0u-5WUvEQ
https://softcellmusic.bandcamp.com/album/danceteria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danceteria_(album)
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Roger Waters - The Tide Is Turning;
Offline
Roger Waters - The Tide Is Turning;
Really beautiful, and the video is great. Waters may or may not be an asshole, but he is for sure a clever and unique songwriter.
My favorite out of his solo stuff is "Perfect Sense, Pt. I" on "Amused to Death" (1992). Dave loses his mind, and Roger shortly afterwards.
"And the Germans kill the Jews and the Jews kill the Arabs and the Arabs kill the hostages and that is news. Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?
"WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP READING THESE TECHNICAL MANUALS??!???!!
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life, The EP (50th Anniversary, 2026)
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
^ What a breath of fresh air, all flowers and love and intense jazz chord progressions and vocal layerings and vintage synth sounds. The last track brings some funk.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Colonel Panic wrote:Roger Waters - The Tide Is Turning;
Really beautiful, and the video is great. Waters may or may not be an asshole, but he is for sure a clever and unique songwriter.
I agree. I particularly like the ending, when the choir comes in at about 4:05.
My favorite out of his solo stuff is "Perfect Sense, Pt. I" on "Amused to Death" (1992). Dave loses his mind, and Roger shortly afterwards.
"And the Germans kill the Jews and the Jews kill the Arabs and the Arabs kill the hostages and that is news. Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?
"WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP READING THESE TECHNICAL MANUALS??!???!!
Thanks. I;ve not heard that one, but will give it a listen.
Last edited by Colonel Panic (2026-09-30 20:55:08)
Offline
Offline
Not very original, but a long Pink Floyd compilation to mark the 56th anniversary of "Atom Heart Mother" being released, and which starts with the title track.
I downloaded it from a site on Youtube which I think's been taken down now ![]()
Last edited by Colonel Panic (Yesterday 23:03:06)
Offline
Good!
Electroslide - Everything Is Connected To Nothing But Itself (2000)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVEXdRk6vQY
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Not very original, but a long Pink Floyd compilation to mark the 56th anniversary of "Atom Heart Mother" being released, and which starts with the title track.
I downloaded it from a site on Youtube which I think's been taken down now
The original is still there, and still interesting. Sounds like shit though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP7t1e0z2yI
Not every track needs a remaster, sometimes its just not a very good track or album. I'd like a proper remaster of The Wall, which even remastered, when compared to the previous album, Animals, sounds kind of muddy throughout.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
The Wall - The Thin Ice (remstered)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Omdk4dpFc
Animals - Dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq3bYPLBcA4
Even cranked up, there's no crispiness to the cymbals or acoustic guitars on The Wall. Same producer on both albums, Bob Ezra.
Note to self, hire Alan Parsons.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Nicky Skopelitis (and Bill Laswell, bass and production, 2019) - Next To Nothing
https://billlaswell.bandcamp.com/album/next-to-nothing
Note to self... If Alan Parsons is dead or unavailable, hire Bill Laswell or Daniel Lanois. Maybe Trevor Horn or Brian Eno if you're using a lot of synths. Say no to Rick Rubin, he knows diddly squat, he just got lucky a few times. Wow, you made Red Hot Chili Peppers sound better before they ruined themselves by selling out, good job.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Shout out to Chesky Records, the best recording studio of my lifetime...
https://cheskyrecords.bandcamp.com/music
https://cheskyrecords.bandcamp.com/albu … 6khz-24bit
^ Ignore the self-important marketing blurb, the sonic clarity speaks for itself. I'd skip track 10, though. Too much artsy fartsy jazz.
Also Larry Coryell, we haven't mentioned that guitarist.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Chuck Mangione on Chesky Records - Everything For Love (2000, his last released record)
https://chuckmangione.bandcamp.com/albu … 6khz-24bit
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
If people would know how little brain is ruling the world, they would die of fear.
Offline