You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Error while installing package: installed linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127
Not sure what's going on with that.
And I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything.
Offline
That's not a bug. It's a fairly common error message.
A lot of times it's because the /boot partition is running out of space. Do you install a lot of kernels?
In a terminal, what is the output of:
df -h /bootPut that entire error message into your favorite search engine and browse the results. You may see something that applies to your system. Sometimes you just have to reconfigure dpkg.
Moderator Sidebar Note - Don't assume every error is a bug (this is twice I know of where you posted an error as a bug report); usually something (a package, configuration, hardware etc ...) is actually broken. Start an actual help thread for the issue. It will get more views, and someone may then spot it as an actual bug in the software. Applies to all users, not just you.
You must unlearn what you have learned.
-- yoda
Online
I don't install kernels as a rule
df -h /boot
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/nvme0n1p2 944M 462M 418M 53% /boot
Offline
How many kernels do you have in /boot?
If there is only one, you may have a space problem. If there is more than one, delete the older ones with synaptic and try to update again.
You must unlearn what you have learned.
-- yoda
Online
My root partition has 5.7 GiBs of 30.6 GiBs free. I have only one kernel installed. I'm sure I chose LVM when I installed Carbon. Maybe it doesn[t work how I thought it did
Offline
Your root partition has 5.7GiB free.
Your boot partition has 462M available - /dev/nvme0n1p2 is Mounted on /boot
In a terminal, run
lsblkand
df -Thpost the results so we can see your disk layout and space.
LVM is to set up Logical Volume Management; did you create an LV during installation?
You must unlearn what you have learned.
-- yoda
Online
Output of df -Th
Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev devtmpfs 7.6G 0 7.6G 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 1.6G 1.9M 1.6G 1% /run
efivarfs efivarfs 384K 96K 284K 26% /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
/dev/mapper/bunsenlabs--vg-root ext4 31G 24G 5.8G 81% /
tmpfs tmpfs 7.7G 99M 7.6G 2% /dev/shm
tmpfs tmpfs 5.0M 8.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs tmpfs 1.0M 0 1.0M 0% /run/credentials/systemd-journald.service
tmpfs tmpfs 7.7G 13M 7.7G 1% /tmp
/dev/nvme0n1p2 ext4 944M 611M 269M 70% /boot
/dev/mapper/bunsenlabs--vg-home ext4 421G 52G 348G 13% /home
/dev/nvme0n1p1 vfat 975M 604M 371M 62% /boot/efi
tmpfs tmpfs 1.0M 0 1.0M 0% /run/credentials/getty@tty1.service
tmpfs tmpfs 1.6G 124K 1.6G 1% /run/user/1000
Yes, I definitely installed BL with LVM
Offline
lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
nvme0n1 259:0 0 476.9G 0 disk
├─nvme0n1p1 259:1 0 976M 0 part /boot/efi
├─nvme0n1p2 259:2 0 977M 0 part /boot
└─nvme0n1p3 259:3 0 475G 0 part
├─bunsenlabs--vg-root 254:0 0 31.2G 0 lvm /
├─bunsenlabs--vg-swap_1 254:1 0 15.8G 0 lvm [SWAP]
└─bunsenlabs--vg-home 254:2 0 428G 0 lvm /hom
Offline
I've never done the Debian LVM installation; so I guess that partition scheme is correct.
This looks suspicious:
/dev/nvme0n1p1 vfat 975M 604M 371M 62% /boot/efiIf there is only one kernel installed and it's taking up 62% of the space, you may not have space in /boot/efi partition for a kernel update. If there is more than one kernel installed, uninstall the older ones.
Exit code 127 can also refer to broken packages or an error in your $PATH. Open synaptic and see if it finds some broken packages or missing dependency.
You must unlearn what you have learned.
-- yoda
Online
Moving this to "Basic Help & Support" as this (again) is not a bug.
As PackRat mentioned, not every "error" is a bug. Please research what the definition of a bug is.
"All we are is dust in the wind, dude"
- Theodore "Ted" Logan
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees."
- Wayne Campbell
Offline
Pages: 1