You are not logged in.
Wow, gorgeous default desktop. Also the website, beautiful...
Are your scrots the Xfce desktop version?
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
^ Yes, that is xfce4 version on my old, indestructible HP.
Laptop is circa 2011 with an old i3 CPU and Intel graphics. Plasma and Gnome really spool up the CPU.
It won't run the ghostty terminal that ships by default, but xfce4-terminal runs no problem.
No office suite by default (good thing in my book). I added the repo and went with OnlyOffice; slightly better compatability with MS documents.
All runs really smooth.
You must unlearn what you have learned.
-- yoda
Offline
Looks great!
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
Offline
For this month (GNOME)
https://i.postimg.cc/JyKssQTg/Screenshot-From-2026-08-08-19-24-12.png
+1
wallpaper please ![]()
Offline
^ My go-to for nature walls...
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
^ Very cute!
I have gnome-boxes (GNOME's VM) set up and working, here's debian testing running labwc with xfce4-panel. I've themed it, of course, and that's about all I've done so far...
GTK and LabWC themes: Bunsen-Blackish-Remix (bunsen-themes-extra)
Icons: Sweet-Red (requires candy-icons)
https://github.com/EliverLara/Sweet-folders
https://github.com/EliverLara/candy-icons
Wall source: gnome-backgrounds
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-ba … type=heads
I downloaded it, opened it with GIMP, Image>Scale to your resolution, Export as a PNG)
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
^ Left them speechless. Nice scrot, @hhh. ![]()
-edit- the labwc Feature Request I made of a Super+d keybind to ShowDesktop has made it into trixie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqqGFoASs9s
Last edited by hhh (2026-08-11 00:56:02)
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system linux user # 527315
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀
Offline
^Trisquel12-mini-lxde

in Qemu on TileOS-niri.
The intention on my part was to show this in Virt-Manager here in TileOS when looking for an LXDE configuration/distribution. I struggled with authorization problems for hours, only to finally fail due to the lack of a network connection in Virt Manager. ![]()
That upsets me! So in the terminal with a plain command in Qemu, took 15 minutes and it works. ![]()
qemu-system-x86_64 -L . -enable-kvm -k de -smp 2 -m 2048 -vga std -usbdevice tablet -monitor stdio -snapshot -cdrom trisquel-mini_12.0_amd64.iso -name tris -boot dOffline
Offline
Bought a laptop about a month ago to practice for rounds of tech interviews because my kid sleeps in the room where I keep my desktop. I realized two things: I might be too old for 4 rounds of hackerrank drills, but I am definitely not too old to play around with BunsenLabs and keep it on my mobile worstations, as per my tradition. Feels good having a laptop again after 5-6 years.
Señor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?
Offline
Nice, and now I know what HackerRank is.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline
@darknetmatrix, I have to ask... what are your five flatpaks?
GNOME on trixie...
https://i.postimg.cc/349PQt7R/Screenshot-From-2026-08-13-23-41-03.png
Flacon com.github.Flacon 12.0.0 stable system
Mesa org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default 26.1.5 25.08 system
Mesa (Extra) org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default 26.1.5 25.08-extra system
Codecs Extra Extension org.freedesktop.Platform.codecs-extra 25.08-extra system
KDE Application Platform org.kde.Platform 5.15-25.08 system
darknetmatrix@bigbeast:~$
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system linux user # 527315
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀
Offline
Offline
Offline
^That's the auto-generated menu?
Is that "labwc VM setup" based on the BL plugin, or your own creation?
...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), now on Bluesky and Mastodon, there's also some GitStuff )
Offline
^That's the auto-generated menu?
Is that "labwc VM setup" based on the BL plugin, or your own creation?
Auto-generated xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu. The desktop is my own creation, labwc and some other apps installed on trixie inside of gnome-boxes. It's very snappy and smooth with 2G available RAM, I can barely tell it's not the actual OS. File transfers are slow, that's about it.
autostart...
#wlr-randr --output Virtual-1 --mode 1920x1080 &
lxpolkit &
xfce4-notifyd &
swaybg -i ~/Pictures/wall.png &
xfce4-panel &
nm-applet &Installing gdm3 made the wlr-randr code unnecessary.
menu.xml
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<openbox_menu>
<menu id="root-menu" label="">
<item label="System Monitor"><action name="Execute" command="gnome-system-monitor"/></item>
<item label="Reconfigure"><action name="Reconfigure"/></item>
<item label="Logout"><action name="Exit"/></item>
</menu>
</openbox_menu>rc.xml
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<labwc_config>
<core>
<decoration>server</decoration>
<gap>10</gap>
</core>
<placement>
<policy>cascade</policy>
<!--
When <placement><policy> is "cascade", the offset for cascading new
windows can be overwritten like this:
<cascadeOffset x="40" y="30" />
-->
</placement>
<theme>
<name>Bunsen-Blackish-Remix</name>
<dropShadows>yes</dropShadows>
<titlebar>
<layout>:iconify,max,close</layout>
<showTitle>yes</showTitle>
</titlebar>
</theme>
<keyboard>
<default />
<!-- The W- prefix refers to the Super key -->
<keybind key="W-Tab">
<action name="NextWindow" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-S-Tab">
<action name="PreviousWindow" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-q">
<action name="Close" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-s">
<action name="Iconify" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-a">
<action name="ToggleMaximize" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-d">
<action name="ToggleShowDesktop" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-space">
<action name="Execute" command="xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="A-space">
<action name="ShowMenu" menu="root-menu" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="XF86AudioLowerVolume">
<action name="Execute" command="pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ -5%" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="XF86AudioRaiseVolume">
<action name="Execute" command="pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ +5%" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="XF86AudioMute">
<action name="Execute" command="pactl set-sink-mute @DEFAULT_SINK@ toggle" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="XF86MonBrightnessUp">
<action name="Execute" command="brightnessctl set +10%" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="XF86MonBrightnessDown">
<action name="Execute" command="brightnessctl set 10%-" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-Return">
<action name="Execute" command="" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-t">
<action name="Execute" command="xfce4-terminal" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-b">
<action name="Execute" command="firefox" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-f">
<action name="Execute" command="thunar" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-e">
<action name="Execute" command="gedit" />
</keybind>
<keybind key="W-x">
<action name="Execute">
<command>systemctl poweroff</command>
</action>
</keybind>
</keyboard>
</labwc_config>The volume keys work but the brightness keys don't work yet, but brightness is handled by the host anyway.
Why why why why?!!???
Offline