You are not logged in.

#101 2021-08-25 12:40:55

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

hhh wrote:
eight.bit.al wrote:

^ Nice colors.

No, that is a gorgeous desktop, not just "nice".

--

Thank you both! Makes me happy you like what you see:)

Offline

#102 2021-09-15 19:44:29

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

Just an small update:)

Made a minimal version (sort of?) with all of the basics for general operation, but just pcmanfm, lxterminal and mousepad, leaving all of the other common programs out in order to allow users to kinda create their own setup.
This means editing the menu yourself as you add on packages.  See menu -> configuration -> jgmenu.conf for directions. ISO is about 1GB. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lilido … /Releases/

Wallpaper is set by "right-clicking" on any image and selecting "Set as Background"

Also updated the installer theme and settings a bit to match the primary theme:) Still have work to do, but looking better!

Removed all of the extra stuff (mostly). The configuration files for Fluxbox, JWM and PekWM can still be found in my github under Configuration.  All of my theme stuff is there also for those who might just want something out of it. I notice that I never really leave Openbox, and figured others probably don't either.  https://github.com/sleekmason

Anyway, something to mess with for a bit:)

Offline

#103 2021-09-16 02:49:17

eight.bit.al
Member
From: Prison
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 1,157

Re: New ISO build to try!

Nicely complete. I like the Quick Grab and the Toggle menus.

Screenshot-from-2021-09-16-02-36-14.th.png

8bit


In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Offline

#104 2021-09-16 03:08:00

Peppe
New Member
Registered: 2020-10-15
Posts: 1

Re: New ISO build to try!

Really working well and looking great also. Just installed full in a VM, gonna get my hands on the minimal later today. Appreciate the hard work, thanks a lot!

Offline

#105 2021-09-16 12:49:45

eight.bit.al
Member
From: Prison
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 1,157

Re: New ISO build to try!

Minimal version is for me. smile

Screenshot-from-2021-09-16-12-34-23.th.png

8bit

P.S. PrtSc is defined to run xfce4screenshooter instead of Screenshot.

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2021-09-16 12:56:52)


In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Offline

#106 2021-09-16 18:11:40

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

eight.bit.al wrote:

Minimal version is for me. smile

https://scrot.cloud/images/2021/09/16/Screenshot-from-2021-09-16-12-34-23.th.png

8bit

P.S. PrtSc is defined to run xfce4screenshooter instead of Screenshot.

Oh good!  It's just a slightly different setup:) Yeah, I reckon I need to change the screenshot item one direction or the other.

OT - Saw you clipped some fingers?  Everything okay? I use a 4" grinder a couple hours a day with a diamond blade and finally learned to duct tape my gloves.  No backsies on a table saw though.

*edit - Adding scrot to the next lineup:)  Thank you for the suggestion! - Will keep the other as well for graphical menu use.

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-09-16 18:23:21)

Offline

#107 2021-09-16 18:14:12

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

Peppe wrote:

Really working well and looking great also. Just installed full in a VM, gonna get my hands on the minimal later today. Appreciate the hard work, thanks a lot!

Glad you like it! smile Hopefully the minimal will perk your interest as well.

Offline

#108 2021-09-30 15:41:41

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

Howdy all!

Added a 'sid' version again for those that like a rolling release.https://sourceforge.net/projects/lilido … /Releases/

All versions now have a dedicated wallpaper chooser and a new Lilidog-light theme cause the old one was bugging me:)

Screenshot-from-2021-09-30-09-56-03.png

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-10-03 00:55:33)

Offline

#109 2021-11-05 13:05:53

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

New Bullseye release with bunches of fixes and changes. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lilidog/

New wallpaper
x-terminal-emulator now defaults to xfce4-terminal and works as such everywhere.
lxterminal and urxvt available as well.  Change under App Alternatives in the menu,
or sudo update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator
New Conky chooser - work in progress
Updated keybind shortcuts to include the most common.
Addition of sbin and $HOME/bin in path
New install scripts - Currently for:
Qemu
Steam
Libreoffice - full
Etcher usb maker
Liquorix kernel
Games - 6 lightweight
Virtualbox - (sid only, because I don't know whats legal yet with them:)
& more to come. These are under Utilities --> Extras in the menu.
These will also place menu entries when installed.  Removal is manual.

Loads of small fixes and adjustments.

Anyhow, hopefully worth checking out if you have not in a while.

2021-11-05-074318-1920x1080-scrot.png

Offline

#110 2021-11-05 15:05:35

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,656

Re: New ISO build to try!

Congratulations!
The colors, themes and background image(s) blow me away....   smile

Offline

#111 2021-11-05 16:07:14

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,436

Re: New ISO build to try!

It gets better and better!


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#112 2021-11-05 20:48:28

hhh
Ol' Pink Eyes
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,759
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

unklar wrote:

The colors, themes and background image(s) blow me away....   smile

Agreed, sweet theme! Looking forward to checking it out.


Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?

Offline

#113 2021-12-17 14:30:15

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

Okie dokie,

HUGE number of changes and additions in the past month or so.  Everything from a customizable dedicated theme changer for the Lilidog themes, to new ascii art for the console and neofetch, to more custom actions in Thunar and the like. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lilido … /Releases/

This will probably be my last notice update here, though I plan to maintain and support Lilidog for years to come.  I went ahead and added Lilidog to the Distrowatch waiting list:)

I don't suppose much else will change in regards to this.  I've no plans for a dedicated web site other than Sourceforge for now.  I just like to share my stuff. 

Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me with the various issues I have had getting everything together!  Hopefully Lilidog will serve to provide people with what they want. Still plenty to work on.  The further I get, the more I see that needs adjustment:)

There is now a dedicated discussion area on Sourceforge for Lilidog Here for any issues/suggestions/etc.. regarding Lilidog.  So far a grand total of one question and about 100 updates smile lol.

Best regards to all!

Offline

#114 2021-12-18 03:40:42

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...
From: In Linux Land
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 1,436

Re: New ISO build to try!

Good luck with your distro Sleek...it sure is sweet!


Real Men Use Linux

Offline

#115 2021-12-18 21:57:20

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

DeepDayze wrote:

Good luck with your distro Sleek...it sure is sweet!

Thank you very much:)

Offline

#116 2022-01-09 14:11:43

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,656

Re: New ISO build to try!

sleekmason wrote:

Okie dokie,

HUGE number of changes and additions in the past month or so.  Everything from a customizable dedicated theme changer for the Lilidog themes, to new ascii art for the console and neofetch, to more custom actions in Thunar and the like. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lilido … /Releases/

This will probably be my last notice update here, though I plan to maintain and support Lilidog for years to come.  I went ahead and added Lilidog to the Distrowatch waiting list:)

I don't suppose much else will change in regards to this.  I've no plans for a dedicated web site other than Sourceforge for now.  I just like to share my stuff. 

Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me with the various issues I have had getting everything together!  Hopefully Lilidog will serve to provide people with what they want. Still plenty to work on.  The further I get, the more I see that needs adjustment:)

There is now a dedicated discussion area on Sourceforge for Lilidog Here for any issues/suggestions/etc.. regarding Lilidog.  So far a grand total of one question and about 100 updates smile lol.

Best regards to all!

@sleekmason,
Thank you for your excellent work.  smile

I installed the minimal iso released on the 29th on my wife's computer, for her birthday. big_smile

The older folks present for the birthday party liked the look of your work so much that I have done another 2 installations so far.
According to their age, they were all computers without EFI.
With debian-text-installer in expert mode(the existing swap had to be preserved) each took about 25 minutes. Any hardware was detected and set up correctly.

I can tell you, for the "old" people, dmenu-app (Alt+F3) triggered the BINGO effect. That has become the preferred action to operate their computers.

A third installation with the i386.iso surprised me with a pae kernel, which unfortunately is not visible on your sourceForge page. You should add this hint.
I can only get this iso to boot with the kernel parameter 'forcepae' on the machine in question. I have to take care of a non-pae kernel after the installation.

dmenu-apps1.th.png link


I would have liked to add pictures of the login screen. Unfortunately, however, the relevant solutions known to me do not work here:
https://vitux.com/debian_screenshot/
https://www.routech.ro/de/so-machen-sie … ter-linux/
https://qastack.com.de/ubuntu/43458/how … gin-screen

Offline

#117 2022-01-09 15:11:39

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

unklar wrote:

@sleekmason,
Thank you for your excellent work.  smile

I installed the minimal iso released on the 29th on my wife's computer, for her birthday. big_smile

The older folks present for the birthday party liked the look of your work so much that I have done another 2 installations so far.
According to their age, they were all computers without EFI.
With debian-text-installer in expert mode(the existing swap had to be preserved) each took about 25 minutes. Any hardware was detected and set up correctly.

I can tell you, for the "old" people, dmenu-app (Alt+F3) triggered the BINGO effect. That has become the preferred action to operate their computers.

A third installation with the i386.iso surprised me with a pae kernel, which unfortunately is not visible on your sourceForge page. You should add this hint.
I can only get this iso to boot with the kernel parameter 'forcepae' on the machine in question. I have to take care of a non-pae kernel after the installation.

https://scrot.cloud/images/2022/01/09/dmenu-apps1.th.png link


I would have liked to add pictures of the login screen. Unfortunately, however, the relevant solutions known to me do not work here:
https://vitux.com/debian_screenshot/
https://www.routech.ro/de/so-machen-sie … ter-linux/
https://qastack.com.de/ubuntu/43458/how … gin-screen

Thank you so much! Super excited to know people are getting use from Lilidog:)

I will certainly add a notice that 'forcepae' may be necessary.  I had someone request an i386 version, and the default kernel for the installer is the pae kernel. (Should I change this to a non pae kernel?)

Unfortunately, I don't have several machines to test with, so certain problems may go unnoticed.

All versions are being updated as I write. The sid and minimal last night, i386 now, and stable will be ready tomorrow.

These are the changes since the 29th:
Increased contrast for the Slate theme and tab color correction for the Grey theme.
All Openbox themes have been re-based on Onyx, with various small corrections.
Added Tree and Bind9-utils.
Added two complete dark themes to fill in the niche, Lilidog-Buff and Lilidog-Taupe.
Added a Minecraft installer. (microsoft login required.)
Added Grub background changer. Kinda brutal, but works:)
Removed recents in menu (will return in panel)
Added themes menu to Quickgrab for easy access to different themes folders.
Adjustments to the conky keybind to close all conky before toggling the yad box.
Changed Root-files to root-folders for resolving future issues.
Added i386 version to Downloads for older hardware.

And these current changes are uploading now, with sid and minimal already complete.

Added menu button to tint2 (replace the "m" with "s" if wanted.  Maybe I'll make a-z?
Added recents button to tint2 and keybinds (super + r) - Don't know if this stays yet.
(edit* Oops. Recents is not working correctly at the moment so removing again:)

reworked Taupe theme for better visibility.
Added more wallpapers - Trying to learn to make em cool:) Will certainly consider others!
Changed writer app in the full sessions to Abiword, with Libreoffice full available.
Adjusted main Trifill wallpaper to match Slate theme a bit better.
Basically pulling the themes together.  This will continue:)

Screenshot-from-2022-01-09-09-08-32.png

Wild how we are all connected:) Was just looking a few minutes ago about how to take a screenshot of the login screen . . .  Let you know if I figure it out first:)

----

*EDIT - Easiest I have found to get a login screenshot is to install xephyr.

sudo apt install xserver-xephyr

then:

dm-tool add-nested-seat --fullscreen

then use the 'PrtScr' key to get a screenshot.

To exit, use ctrl+alt+Esc to get a kill button.
2022-01-09-135945-1920x1080-scrot.png

Last edited by sleekmason (2022-01-09 22:45:51)

Offline

#118 2022-01-10 13:18:47

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9
From: #! BL
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 1,656

Re: New ISO build to try!

big_smile  big_smile

Thanks you, this works perfectly.

Bildschirmfoto-vom-2022-01-10-12-22-53.th.png 2022-01-10-113856_1680x1050_scrot.th.png Bildschirmfoto-vom-2022-01-10-12-25-22.th.png

The paw, as a logo image (no ascii), I have not yet found.

Offline

#119 2022-01-10 14:03:03

sleekmason
zoom
Registered: 2018-05-22
Posts: 691
Website

Re: New ISO build to try!

^ Love it:)

Here is the transparent paw I use for everything.  Will need to be resized.

If you want to recolor, use the gradient setting in gimp so as to not affect the edges of the image. (bucket fill will screw it up.)     https://github.com/sleekmason/Themes/bl … parent.png

I will put a transparent paw image of the correct size in with the ascii image for the next builds:)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB