#26 2021-11-17 04:44:24

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Boron suggestions

hhh wrote:
johnraff wrote:
ekzotic wrote:

Can you add graphics driver installation and fixes for tearing?

Graphics isn't in my Zone, but tearing might be fixable now with some compositor setting tweaks. Why not post a new thread in GUI & Applications with some more detail of your problem? Somebody might be able to help.

It's way complicated, and I think beyond our scope. If we provide an xorg for Intel, will it screw up Nvidia users? Do we provide Nvidia 340 legacy...

Agreed, not something we should try to ship with our install media.

But @ekzotic if@hhh's links above weren't enough to get things fixed,  if you'd like to start a new topic thread with some information about your hardware and the issues you are having, @hhh or someone else might possibly be able to help you. Without having to wait till Boron. smile

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#27 2021-11-17 14:10:00

manyroads
Website

@ekzotic You might try living without a compositor. I find that is the easiest of all fixes for the tearing I have experienced. I rarely miss having a compositor.  If you are willing to use a basic compositor (xcompmgr) here's a setting I have found works on my Intels video cards with Debian based distros (arch, too).

# compositor
 xcompmgr -CnfF -I-.015 -O-.03 -D6 -t-1 -l-3 -r4.2 -o.5 &

Put it in your autostart script.... (after having installed xcompmgr)

Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com  Professional Genealogist
dwm & i3wm ~ Reg. Linux User #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

#28 2021-11-20 17:17:26

ekzotic

Thanks for the help guys, I have it fixed with Nvidia drivers, but it would be nice to have some sort of post install script to install drivers automatically without googling solutions around the web.

#29 2021-11-20 20:14:13

hhh
Meep!
Website

ekzotic wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, I have it fixed with Nvidia drivers, but it would be nice to have some sort of post install script to install drivers automatically without googling solutions around the web.

I hear that. Ubuntu has a GUI interface for installing optional drivers, and many other distros offer this via a GUI or a menu option, so it possible.

#30 2021-11-20 21:02:04

jeffreyC

hhh wrote:
ekzotic wrote:

I hear that. Ubuntu has a GUI interface for installing optional drivers, and many other distros offer this via a GUI or a menu option, so it possible.

Maybe try the Nvidia driver installer from MX Linux?

#31 2021-11-20 22:20:05

hhh
Meep!
Website

jeffreyC wrote:
hhh wrote:
ekzotic wrote:

Maybe try the Nvidia driver installer from MX Linux?

The link to the instructions is maybe more suitable for BL. We're a "hands-on" distro...

https://tutorialforlinux.com/2020/10/10 … ion-guide/

Board footer