You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-06 23:17:04

pikl cera

Bunsenlab usb type

Hello,l installed bunsenlab linux on macbookpro mid 2010 and have a one question.l created usb stick with rufus in windows and select default mbr and bios or uefi option and write in recommended iso image mod.Did I chose well or I should have marked gpt and uefi(non csm) or maybe image mode dd instead of default iso image mod?Thanks ...

Only bunsenlab linux working complete with this laptop,other 10,15 disros which l trie either the installation could not be started or the internet did not work only bunsenlab work very,very good.

Last edited by pikl cera (2021-11-06 23:19:12)

#2 2021-11-07 11:04:25

twoion
一期一会

Re: Bunsenlab usb type

Booting Linux on an Intel mac in non-EFI mode (what you did) is fine if everything works. It is a bit slower only during boot because it uses BIOS emulation to boot, but after that it should be on par with EFI-based booting. It's not much different than running Linux on a MBR + BIOS setup off of a Thinkpad that supports UEFI and BIOS emulation.

This is determined from the rufus configuration because you can only install Linux for EFI-mode when the setup process is booted in EFI mode, so selecting mbr + bios here made EFI automatically unavailable as an option during Linux setup.

#3 2021-11-07 13:56:28

pikl cera

Now it is clearer to me, I will installing again in efi mode.

Which option should I choose iso image mode or image mode dd in rufus?

#4 2021-11-07 18:48:14

rbh

pikl cera wrote:

Which option should I choose iso image mode or image mode dd in rufus?

DD mode or use linux live session and use cp or dd to write iso to usb-stick.

Cp or dd is recomded process to write iso to sub-stick.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

Board footer