You are not logged in.

#1526 2021-09-29 01:05:33

eight.bit.al

Re: Distro-hoppers anonymous

twoion wrote:

^ do they mix GTK and plasma apps by default?? Seems annoying as KIO and GVFS don't mix either.

I installed GIMP and it seems to play nice.
The first set of images were of the Core edition.  (minimal)

The shots below are from the Main edition.

Default screen.
main_0.th.png

yes.th.png

yes-yes.th.png

8bit

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2021-09-29 01:08:36)

Any book worth banning is worth reading. - Isaac Asimov

#1527 2021-09-29 22:33:31

hhh
Meep!
Website

twoion wrote:

^ do they mix GTK and plasma apps by default?? Seems annoying as KIO and GVFS don't mix either.

Agreed, it's an awkward combo. Honestly, as far as a streamlined, unified set of default apps and services go, it's hard to beat BunsenLabs...

El2he4xt.png

#1528 2021-10-06 23:03:57

Colonel Panic

I've recently installed the KDE variant of Slackel 19.3, a Greek distro based on Salix and Slackware, and so far it's working well; I usually have a lot of trouble with "tearing" in KDE on my system, but not with this one. It has a nice all-green theme as well.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-10-06 23:04:38)

#1529 2021-10-07 01:45:30

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

Colonel Panic wrote:

I've recently installed the KDE variant of Slackel 19.3, a Greek distro based on Salix and Slackware, and so far it's working well; I usually have a lot of trouble with "tearing" in KDE on my system, but not with this one. It has a nice all-green theme as well.

Slakel is based on Slackware Current - should be Slackware 15-beta these days. Slakel and Salix are both excellent distros. Slackware Current is also good. Put together by a couple of the Slackware devs, although still considered an unofficial release.

Last edited by PackRat (2021-10-07 01:47:05)

You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

#1530 2021-10-07 08:01:47

Colonel Panic

Yes, they're all good. Slint is worth a mention too; it's a French distro for visually impaired users and also based on Slackware with some Salix packages.

https://aiyumi.github.io/en/blog/slint-linux-review/

Salix doesn't update regularly from Slackware Current IIRC, unlike the others, so you have to wait for the official release (14.2, 15.0 etc). to get the next edition.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-10-07 08:02:41)

#1531 2021-10-07 09:56:34

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

^ Correct. Salix is vanilla Slackware with a couple of tools for package managecurrent. Salix is still Slackware 14.2.

Slakel is the sister project based on Slackware-current. I think Zenwalk also switched to Slackware current.

-- yoda

#1532 2021-10-07 11:00:32

Colonel Panic

Yes you're right (and about Zenwalk). There's Absolute too, which is also based on Slackware Current and has Icewm as its window manager.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-10-07 11:01:13)

#1533 2021-10-07 13:51:24

DeepDayze
Like sands through an hourglass...

Ahhh...good ol' Slackware! I should go try Slack again as that's where I cut my Linux teeth on. smile

Real Men Use Linux

#1534 2021-10-10 19:23:56

Colonel Panic

I'm looking forward to the new Slackware official release (15.0) when it finally happens. The beta release is pretty good already and unlike earlier versions of Slack doesn't need much tweaking before it's fully ready to use; it's got Midnight Commander installed by default, for example, which earlier Slackware versions didn't. It could really do with LibreOffice as standard instead of Calligra though, and I've never got on with k3b as an optical disk burner.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-10-11 06:28:07)

#1535 2021-10-16 09:31:30

unklar
Back to the roots 1.9

Debian has uploaded Plasma 5.23 to Sid.
My installation from 2017.   smile

Byh7m5Wt.png

#1536 2021-10-21 20:23:30

Colonel Panic

Not long ago I installed a Turkish distro called Pardus, which is now up to the 21.0 edition, is based on Debian Stable and uses XFCE as its desktop. The Turkish government considers it good enough to use in some of their departments, and it seems to work very well except that the fonts used in things like the title bars are a bit "smudgy" and not very distinct compared to those in Bunsen (though maybe I'm being fussy).

I still think it's worth a recommend; the fonts can be sorted out easily enough, as Dedoimedo keeps saying in his articles.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-10-27 19:48:59)

#1537 2021-11-02 00:40:25

Colonel Panic

Now installed Neptune 6.5, which is based on Debian 10 but uses the KDE destop environment. Something weird going on with the video driver - letters missing from the login screen, Pale Moon disappearing in a forest of geometric shapes, etc.

[Update: I took a chance and installed an earlier kernel, 4.19.0.6 as opposed to 5.6.0.0 which is Neptune 6.5's default, and booted from that instead and it got rid of the "missing letters" display fault and Chromium and Pale Moon both display properly. The only problem I still have is that the login screen locks up sometimes, but at least the distro's usable now.]

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-11-02 20:09:54)

#1538 2021-11-06 20:16:34

eight.bit.al

Clear Linux OS is a rolling release Linux distribution optimized for performance and security.
Intel Optimized - Highly tuned for Intel platforms where all optimization is turned on by default.

Clear Linux OS is not intended to be a general-purpose Linux distribution; it is designed to be used by IT professionals for DevOps, AI application development, cloud computing, and containers. It currently is the fastest available Linux implementation.

pie-chart.th.png bar-chart.th.png(image credit)
Benchmarks show speed gains, but in RL I don't think they are enough to really notice except for very long processes.

---

Package management is made up of bundles (groups of 1 or more RPM packages) installed with swupd using binary delta updates. A tool called Mixer is used to create third party bundles which swupd can install.

swupd.th.png (hostmanes are automatically assigned a near random number)

Updates are automatic and can only be either turned on or off. swupd in action:

diagnose-1.th.png repair-start.th.png repair-last.th.png

---

Clear Linux* OS has a stateless design philosophy with the goal to provide an OS that functions without excessive user configuration or customization. To accomplish a stateless design, the Clear Linux OS filesystem hierarchy is separated between user-owned areas and Clear Linux OS-owned areas.

System Area:

Files under the /usr directory are managed by Clear Linux OS as system files (except /usr/local). Files written under the /usr directory by users can get removed through system updates with swupd. This operating assumption allows Clear Linux OS to verify and maintain integrity of system files.

User Areas:

Files under the /usr/local, /etc/, /opt, /home, and /var directories are owned and managed by the user. A freshly installed Clear Linux OS system will only have a minimal set of files in the /etc/ directory and software installed by Clear Linux OS does not write to /etc. This operating assumption allows Clear Linux OS users to clearly identify the configuration that makes their system unique.

One advantage of the stateless design is that the system defaults can be easily restored by simply deleting everything under /etc/ and /var.

Running the commands below effectively performs a system reset as if it was just installed:

sudo rm -rf /etc
sudo rm -rf /var

---

There are two versions available in ISO format; GUI with Gnome and a CLI for servers (more on the CLI version later). Gnome is using X11 and thankfully, most graphical effects are disabled. It's my personal preference for things to happen immediately; not wait for a fade when switching virtual desktops, etc. (looking at you BL, wink ) And wobbly windows should be cast into the fires of Mount Doom.

Xfce4, i3, Awesome, Enlightenment, and LXQT/Openbox are in the repos. Start with, and install from the CLI version. Xfce4-power manager is missing. I could not get LXQT/Openbox to work.

Booting an ISO in a VM under BIOS mode is possible with a bit of tweaking the VM. Booting on bare metal requites UEFI firmware.

---

The installer for the default Gnome Environment is straight forward and basic (limited). The text based installer for the CLI version is almost one to one the same as the graphical installer.

install-options.th.png install-ready.th.png

---

Gnome desktop. Not much to say here about the suck that is Gnome. At least Clear Linux has minimized the bovine excrement.
I like that the 'menu' is all on one page.

desktop.th.png activities.th.png menu.th.png

---

Xfce desktop. Standard Xfce. Maybe I'll play around with theming.

xfce-desktop.th.png key-bindings.th.png

error.th.png icon-fixed.th.png

8bit

#1539 2021-11-07 02:28:24

DeepDayze

Colonel Panic wrote:

Now installed Neptune 6.5, which is based on Debian 10 but uses the KDE destop environment. Something weird going on with the video driver - letters missing from the login screen, Pale Moon disappearing in a forest of geometric shapes, etc.

[Update: I took a chance and installed an earlier kernel, 4.19.0.6 as opposed to 5.6.0.0 which is Neptune 6.5's default, and booted from that instead and it got rid of the "missing letters" display fault and Chromium and Pale Moon both display properly. The only problem I still have is that the login screen locks up sometimes, but at least the distro's usable now.]

Why not try 5.10 kernel in the backports?

Real Men Use Linux

#1540 2021-11-07 12:40:59

Colonel Panic

Thanks for replying. I've already got 5.10 if I want to use it because it installed itself when I carried out my last upgrade, but because my hardware is old now (my motherboard dates from 2010), I thought that an older kernel would work better and so it has proved.

#1541 2021-11-07 20:27:11

DeepDayze

Colonel Panic wrote:

Thanks for replying. I've already got 5.10 if I want to use it because it installed itself when I carried out my last upgrade, but because my hardware is old now (my motherboard dates from 2010), I thought that an older kernel would work better and so it has proved.

Ahh, so the video driver didn't quite support the GPU you had in that old machine. I have an old IBM Thinkpad T42 (circa 2005) that still is alive and the 4.19 works best in that old 32 bit tank.

Last edited by DeepDayze (2021-11-07 20:27:39)

Real Men Use Linux

#1542 2021-11-11 04:36:06

hhh
Meep!
Website

Courtesy of @PackRat, the latest ArchLabs ISO running Xfce. As you can see, I'm about to wipe it for the Bullseye Xfce ISO.

aL8bT70t.png

#1543 2021-11-11 16:15:56

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

hhh wrote:

Courtesy of @PackRat, the latest ArchLabs ISO running Xfce. As you can see, I'm about to wipe it for the Bullseye Xfce ISO.

https://imgur.com/aL8bT70t.png

Did your Broadcom wireless work OOTB?

-- yoda

#1544 2021-11-12 03:09:40

hhh
Meep!
Website

It did!

#1545 2021-11-12 05:43:21

hhh
Meep!
Website

Back in my comfort zone...

wv7q0ACt.png

#1546 2021-11-13 22:19:25

Colonel Panic

I've just carried out a full system upgrade in Manjaro (which took about a quarter of an hour from beginning to end), and then installed Cinnamon, which works well except that the text in the menus is blurry and unreadable for a second or two until it settles down.

This is a problem I've noticed in other distros I've installed Cinnamon in, and for me it's liveable with but mildly irritating.

Last edited by Colonel Panic (2021-11-13 22:20:44)

#1547 2021-11-14 20:01:13

hhh
Meep!
Website

I've used Cinnamon extensively on Debian/BL and never had that issue, weird.

#1548 2021-11-14 20:12:37

DeepDayze

hhh wrote:

I've used Cinnamon extensively on Debian/BL and never had that issue, weird.

I suspect driver issues when that happens.

What  GPU is in that system @Colonel Panic?

Real Men Use Linux

#1549 2021-11-14 21:49:38

eight.bit.al

Some Archlinux based distros, in English, released within the last 18 months.
(not intending to include stand alone archlinux installers)

---

ArchBang

https://archbang.org/

In their words:
A live distro based on archlinux™

My notes:
Easy text based installer. Configured both monitors in my dual monitor setup; few distros do. After install, web page guide gives instructions to get pacman working. Didn't work. Installed three times; same "command not found."

Conclusions:
Well, that sucks. Shame too. Booted to a nice, minimal Openbox desktop.

---

Archcraft

https://archcraft.io/index.html

In their words:
Archcraft is just another Linux distribution, made on top of Arch Linux. It uses window managers and lightweight applications, which makes it super fast. With pre-configured settings, Archcraft provides you the best out of the box window manager experience.

My notes:
AUR, Chaotic AUR. Calamares installer. Openbox, Bspwm.

Archcratf_1.th.png Archcraft.th.png

Conclusion: Lots and lots and more eye candy settings - themes, icons, menu styles, etc. The purpose of the OS is creation and sharing of eye candy desktops. Screen Recorder gets top level Menu real estate. Because there isn't enough garishly ugly desktops on Reddit. Normally, I detest a Mac OS style launch bar, especially if the icons pulse on mouse-over. This one I only slightly hate. I really liked this one when I first found it; but I don't like the direction it's headed.

---

ArchLabs

https://archlabslinux.com/

In their words:
ArchLabs Linux is an Arch Linux based distribution, influenced and inspired by the look and feel of BunsenLabs with the intermediate to advanced user in mind. With the rolling release cycle of Arch Linux, the new packages will be available immediately, making upgrades a thing of the past. The ArchLabs ISO does not include a live environment. You are straight into the console. The installer is launched from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3tTpjPWAGc (old version)

My notes:
Text based installer offering many options. Not for the novice. Fine grain selection of programs to install. Available WM/DM’s include Openbox, i3wm, Bspwm, dwm, and others, 13 in all. I could use this as my daily driver. Love the theme, so easy on the eyes.

desktop.th.png AL-scrot.th.png

Conclusions:
Inherits all the goodness of BunsenLabs with the fresh packages of ArchLinux.

---

ALCI - Arch Linux Calamares Installer

https://alci.online/

In their words:
Put Calamares on the Arch Linux iso and keep as close as possible to the original Arch Linux iso. Basically we provide a graphical installation tool for Arch Linux.

My notes:
Looks like an off shoot of ArcoLinux University with many videos of how to build Arch distros.
ArcoLinux repos.

Conclusion:
Boring. Basic Xfce-4 Desktop. Basic Mate Desktop.

---

Arch Linux USB OS

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arch-l … ArchUsbOs/

In their words:
- BIOS+UEFI boot
- SysRq
- Xfce Desktop Environment
- "yay" AUR helper

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ … n4WQ?rel=0

My notes:
Must be written with dd in Linux. Linux GUI writers didn't work. Didn't try any Windows writers.
If 6 gigs or more of memory, copy to ram, very fast.
Follow notes for upgrading kernel, etc. Shutdown after an update take a while to complete.

update-and-partitions.th.png rice.th.png

Conclusion:
I like it a lot. I'm going to set one up for myself. Nice dark theme.
Put it on a fast thumb drive and carry a setup where ever you go.

---

Archman Linux

https://archman.org/archman-xfce-2021-1 … rum-hazir/

Their words:
"Archman GNU/Linux uses the PAMAC application as the package installation tool . Universal framework system installer CALAMARES was used as system installer . Our UEFI installation support is of course also available and quite easy. In this stable version, we gave special importance to vitality and speed, as well as robustness"

My notes:
When the ISO is booted, the installer (Calamares) runs automatically. A little pushy.
Weird system sounds.
Uses Arch repos plus a repo of their own.

neo.th.png mine.th.png startup.th.png

Conclusion:
Solid everyday driver.

---

Archstrike

https://archstrike.org/

In their words:
An Arch Linux repository for security professionals and enthusiasts. Done the Arch Way and optimized for i686, x86_64, ARMv6, ARMv7, and ARMv8. We follow the Arch Linux standards closely in order to keep our packages clean, proper and easy to maintain. Our team works hard to maintain the repository and give the best ArchStrike experience.

My notes:
Download mirror very slow; 150 KBps.

Conclusions:
Reading the how-to, very complicated to set up. I don't want to work that hard for any distro. Gave up . Gave up waiting for the DL. YMMV.

---

ArcoLinux

https://www.arcolinux.info/
https://arcolinux.com/

In their words:

ArcoLinux is a distribution based on Arch Linux. ArcoLinux installs with a graphical installer with ease and comfort. There are 3 major projects. ArcoLinux is a full featured iso containing a ton of software and 3 desktops Xfce, Openbox and i3. ArcoLinuxD is a minimal iso dropping you in the command line. With Calamares or with scripts you install any desktop and application you want. ArcoLinuxB will give the user the power to actually build his own iso. The user decides what desktop and applications go on the iso. ArcoLinux features hundreds of video tutorials on 5 websites and places a strong focus on learning and has even a learning plan. ArcoLinux promotes the use of Arch Linux on which it is based.

Choose your desktop. Awesome, Bspwm, Budgie, Cinnamon, Deepin, Gnome, i3, Mate, Openbox, Plasma, Qtile, Xfce, Xmonad, … More desktops to follow in the future.

My notes:
One of the more confusing websites with many links on every page. Navigating it is like a maze. I DL the ArcoLinuxB xtended version which turned out to be Openbox/Xfce. So I DL the Openbox version to see the difference. I didn't see the difference, xtended is a tiny bit bigger, maybe more programs.

ArcoLinux.th.png

Conclusions:
???

---

Artix Linux

https://artixlinux.org/

in their words:
Artix Linux is a rolling-release distribution, based on Arch Linux. It uses real init systems, because PID1 must be simple, secure and stable. There are 3 different kind of installation media Artix currently provides: base, graphical and community.

My notes:
4 inits to choose from: openrc, runit, s6, suite66. WM/DE: Base, Cinnamon, Community-GTK, Community QT, LXDE, LXQt, Mate, Plasma, Xfce. That's 30 versions! I chose the Community GTK for the first DL; 3 GB.

Artix.th.png

Conclusions:
They have a lot to offer.

---

BlackArch Linux

https://blackarch.org/

In their words:

BlackArch Linux is an Arch Linux-based penetration testing distribution for penetration testers and security researchers. The repository contains 2743 tools. You can install tools individually or in groups. BlackArch Linux is compatible with existing Arch installs.

My notes:
They offer three ISOs, Full, Slim, Netinstall. Full was 18 GB. I went for the Slim at 4.4 GB.

blackarch.th.png

Conclusions:
I can't speak to penetration testing. Other than that, it's yet another archlinux/Xfce distro with an attractive theme.

---

BluestarLinux

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bluestarlinux/

In their words:

Bluestar Linux is an Arch Linux-based distribution, built with an understanding that people want and need a solid Operating System that provides a breadth of functionality and ease of use without sacrificing aesthetics. Bluestar is offered in three editions - desktop, deskpro and developer - each tailored to address the needs of a variety of Linux users.

My notes:
There is no description of the differences between the desktops. I with with DeskPro as offered in the installer.

sink.th.png

Conclusions:
Everything but the kitchen sink. 3.6 GB ISO.

---

Carbon Labs

https://sourceforge.net/projects/carbon-labs/

In their words:

Carbon Labs is a performance based Operating System based on arch, it uses the Xanmod kernal as the default with timeshift and autosnap enabled by default, we use aura package manager and AUR helper, it has a low memory and resource footprint, it is licensed under WTFPL so we do not use the "GPL" License it only ships with needed software, not bloat. it uses 2 Desktops, KDE And XFCE with a window manager "Openbox"

My notes:
Nice artistic touches throughout; boot splash, login, etc. So nice I DL the Xfce version too.

carbonlinux.th.png carbonlinux-xfce.th.png

Conclusions:
Notice anything unusual about the package management?

---

DeltaOS

https://sourceforge.net/projects/deltaos/

In their words:
Delta OS is an Arch based distribution created for developers and people interested in Arch Linux. It is created by the Delta OS team which is led by Mr. Apurba Adhikari. Due to Arch Linux having good amount of learning curve and a complex installation procedure, Delta OS tries to simplify it and brings a bit user friendly and beautiful interface giving almost same Arch experience. Delta OS comes built in with VS Code, Sublime, NodeJS and OpenJDK preinstalled for developers.

My notes:
Always a fan of dark themes, like this one.

delta2.th.png delta-error.th.png

Conclusions:
Broken

---

EagleOS-KDE

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eagleos-kde/

In their words:
Welcome to my project an Arch based system.
My main goal is to provide a complete system for users coming to arch and those that want to learn arch. In EagleOS I added:
Chrome web browser
yay-git (Aur helper)

My notes:
Plain Jane Plasma.

eagle.th.png

Conclusions:
Broken.

---

EasyArch

https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyarch/

In their words:
If you are looking for another linux distro, then you are at wrong place, this is not a new or separate distribution. It is just a live ISO to provide simple and easy way to get Archlinux up and running in very little time and with or without internet connection. Along with the simple and custom graphical installer, you will get a fully functional desktop environment (XFCE based) with little customization and pre-configured applications. Other than that, there isn't anything else. No extra repository, just vanilla Archlinux. Hope you find it useful in your quest to try out Archlinux.

My notes:
Does what it says on the label.(almost) The most fine grained archlinux installer I've seen in a easy to use GUI.

installer.th.png error.th.png

Conclusions:
Tried the installer twice. Broke in the same place, twice.

---

Garuda Linux

https://garudalinux.org/index.html

In their words:
Choose your desktop environment: KDE, Xfce, GNOME, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, BSPWM, i3wm and Sway.
We make the installation process simple by using the Calamares installer, which is both fast and easy to use. With handpicked desktop themes, appealing shell look and beautiful blur effects out of the box, Garuda Linux never lets you down. BTRFS as the default filesystem with zstd compression. Chaotic-AUR: a repository with huge selection of precompiled binaries. We ship our own browser, FireDragon which is forked from LibreWolf.

My notes:
I DL Qtile because I've not seen it before. It booted as far as a mouse on a blank screen. Twice. (checksum matched) Then I DL Xfce version.

garuda.th.png

Conclusions:
I wish the website had more info and less glitz. Many ISOs are offered, some with no description of what makes them different. Garuda KDE Dr460nized. <--Too cute by half. DL several versions, could not find the FireDragon Browser.

---

HefftorLinux

https://hefftorlinux.net/

In their words:
Designed for style and stability.

HefftorLinux Studio is our professional build for developers, designers and artists
This build has been custom built for people who wish to take charge and have a
working out of the box professional build for all there development/artistic needs.
(Editor's note: I'm going to take charge, go forward, and learn grammar)

My notes:
HefftorLinux Studio, Bspwm, Gnome, Kodi, Plasma, and Xfce. The HefftorLinux Kodi version crashed during the install. I DL the Studio version next. It didn't boot.

Hefftorfail.th.png

Conclusions:
See Ya.

---

Mabox Linux

https://maboxlinux.org/

In their words:
Fast, lightweight and functional Linux Desktop rolling-release, Manjaro based with Openbox Window Manager.

My notes:
DL the Mabox Linux 21.11 Herbolth – Beta release. https://maboxlinux.org/mabox-linux-21-1 … a-release/ .

Mabox_2021-11-14-15-37-1636925846.th.png

Conclusions:
So green, like Manjaro.
---

Manjaro

https:
https://manjaro.org/

In their words:
Manjaro is a professionally made operating system that is a suitable replacement for Windows or MacOS. Multiple Desktop Environments are available through our Official and Community editions. Manjaro represents a perfect middle-ground for those who want good performance, full control, and cutting-edge software but also a degree of software stability.

My notes:
Xfce, Plasma, GNOME. Community editions: Budgie, Cinnamon, Deepin, i3, Mate, Sway. Think I'll go for Plasma. There are two types of Linux distros, those with a terminal launcher in the panel/bar/desktop-shortcut and those without. Says a lot about the intended user base. Manjaro does not.

manjaro.th.png

Conclusions:
One of the major players in this space. I like a more minimal distro.

---

RebornOS

https://rebornos.org/

In their words:
RebornOS. Made for you. Made with you. (editors note: puke) RebornOS is a Linux distro based on Arch, focusing on bringing its configurability and power to you in an easy installer. With over 13 DE's to choose from upon installation and about 30 optional features, RebornOS is for you - whoever you may be.

My notes:

reborn.th.png ukui.th.png cute.th.png cute0.th.png

Conclusions:
None of the version I tried were very well configured. Maybe doing too much.

---

Salient OS

https://salientos.github.io/

In their words:
Salient OS is a rolling-release distribution aimed at Creative Multi-Media and Gaming Enthusiasts.

My notes:
Plasma and Xfce versions. Started with the Xfce version.

salient11.th.png

Conclusions:

--

stormos

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hackman-linux/

In their words:
This distro's goal is to help bring new users over to the world of Arch Linux by offering an easy to install, out of the box Arch Linux experience.

My notes:
Yet another plain Jane archlinux/Xfce, this one with wobbly windows and too much other stuff turned on.

storm.th.png

Conclusions:
Nothing special here.

8bit

#1550 2021-11-14 22:43:24

DeepDayze

Nice write up on the Arch based distros out there and they seem to be all over the map. ArchLabs I may give it a go in a VM so that I can play with Arch and within a familiar BL environment. Seems with most of these distros the common thing is the installer isn't configured correctly.

Played with ArchBang years ago in its original incarnation and it was not too shabby however.

Bet the verdict is ArchLabs has a slight edge over the others smile

Last edited by DeepDayze (2021-11-14 22:44:31)

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer