You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-20 06:32:07

dmontaine

Problem with download

1) bl-welcome will not run.  Displays message about having to run on buster.  Found old instructions from last year and commented out specified lines.

however 2) when running script manually and asking to install bluetooth support, the installation failed with unmet dependencies.

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
bunsen-meta-bluetooth : Depends: bluez but it is not installable
                         Depends: blueman but it is not installable
                         Depends: pulseaudio-module-bluetooth but it is not installable
                         Depends: bluez-cups but it is not installable
                         Depends: bluez-obexd but it is not installable
                         Depends: bluez-tools but it is not installable

There were problems installing bunsen-meta-bluetooth

#2 2021-08-20 11:27:17

rbh

Re: Problem with download

dmontaine wrote:

1) bl-welcome will not run.  Displays message about having to run on buster.

You have downloaded lithium-2.1-amd64.hybrid.iso or ddl/lithium-2.1-cd-i386.hybrid.iso and installed BL Litium? Or, did you install from an ReleaseCandidate?
Any error in install-logs /var/log/installer/*?

The last Lithium installation I did for 2 weeks ago (64-bit), went ok. Think I've made two dozen installations with lithium-2.1-*.iso (most 64-bit),without errors. Never

You did a clean install: formated install partitions?
What is the result of command "uname -a"?

Found old instructions from last year and commented out specified lines.

What instructions? What lines in what file? Link?

however 2) when running script manually and asking to install bluetooth support, the installation failed with unmet dependencies.

So, after you followed the instructions, you could run the BL-welcome script and updated kernel and som packages?

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
bunsen-meta-bluetooth :

Should not happen...
If you did not uselatest isos, I recomend you to reinstall with them.

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#3 2021-08-21 06:15:08

dmontaine

I downloaded from the Bunsenlabs website by clicking Installation,Download 64 bit ISO

I installed onto an SSD that had been had a new gpt partition table installed using gparted

It installed however bl-welcome did not run automatically.  I then tried to run it manually and got the "buster" error message.

I modified bl-welcome using the suggestion in this thread:  https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=6935

---- Suggested fix ------------
Instead, for a temporary fix, till an upgrade comes out, go to lines 270~273 of the same file and comment out that whole block, thus:

#[[ $( lsb_release -cs ) = "$debian_base" ]] || {
#    echo "Error: This script should be run only on Debian ${debian_base^}." >&2
#    exit 1
#}
---------------------------------

After making the suggested change, bl-welcome ran.  However, then I got the bluetooth installation error messages about unmet dependencies that I documented above.

Last edited by dmontaine (2021-08-21 06:16:11)

#4 2021-08-21 17:42:49

rbh

From https://www.bunsenlabs.org/installation.html, is latest, current version linked.

If you downloaded the iso last summer, you downloaded version lithium-1. I tested install with that. Got reminded, that the BunsenLabs apt-key, was not renewed in time,so it had to be recreated. If using that iso, you have to import new, current apt-key, before runing bl-welcome.

I could not find lithium-2

Current iso is lithium-2.1. It seems I've never bothered to download that, I have installed from lithium-1.

When installing with lithium-2.1, N0 Debian repositorys can be verified and they are commented out!

The bl-welcome script is running. The terminal pops up but the script is aborted and the terminal is shut down, It goes very fast. You can se that the script hasbeen run as file ~/.config/bunsen/bl-setup is created.

Delete file ~/.config/bunsen/bl-setup.
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list.
Update and upgrade (there should not be any dependencies problem!) and reboot.
Now bl-welcome wil autostart as intended.

I file a bugreport.

BTW, when you feel you have solved your problem,edit the subject in the first post above. Prepend with [Solved] Maybe rename subject from "Problem with download" to "Errors in lithium-2.1 install iso"?

Last edited by rbh (2021-08-21 17:56:31)

// Regards rbh

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

#5 2021-08-21 18:17:38

Peregrino69

I've had similar problems with multiple systems. I also noticed that while kernel 4.19.0-17-amd64 belongs to the package, it's not available. I've solved them just by adding to sources.list

deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

... then running sudo apt update && sudo apt -y upgrade.

After reboot system boots to 4.19.0-17 and bl-welcome runs.

EDIT

This with Lithium 2.1, both 64 and 32 bit.

Last edited by Peregrino69 (2021-08-21 18:20:43)

#6 2021-08-22 01:14:44

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Was the original install done without a network connection? There is a long-standing annoyance with Debian-Installer that in such cases it fails to add the debian repositories to the apt sources.

We're hoping to add a section to bl-welcome which will check for such a case and offer to add the missing sources.

Of course, if bl-welcome fails to run that won't help, so we need to pin down that issue too!

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#7 2021-08-22 16:09:20

dmontaine2

I tried the downloading the non-free final release of Debian 11 network install (instead of Alpha 3), and used your instructions for creating a testing version of Beryllium.  The install and bl-welcome worked. 

Both the failed Lithium install and the successful test Beryllium install were on an HP EliteDesk 800.

#8 2021-08-22 16:49:14

Peregrino69

johnraff wrote:

Was the original install done without a network connection? There is a long-standing annoyance with Debian-Installer that in such cases it fails to add the debian repositories to the apt sources.

We're hoping to add a section to bl-welcome which will check for such a case and offer to add the missing sources.

Of course, if bl-welcome fails to run that won't help, so we need to pin down that issue too!

I've done several installations now on both physical HW and virtual machines... I think three or four today alone. Because reasons big_smile

Now it seems to me that the issues are somewhat hit-and-miss. It seems that flaky inertwebs connections are at least partially responsible for the issues I've experienced. Still more rigorous testing needed for actually valid results...

#9 2021-08-22 18:01:01

rbh

Peregrino69 wrote:

Now it seems to me that the issues are somewhat hit-and-miss. It seems that flaky inertwebs connections are at least partially responsible for the issues I've experienced.

I only tried VirtualboxVM, with no network issues.
Later in week, I will try with preseeding an network preeseed.cfg, omitting deb.debian.org. It might be problems with Fastly's redirection service.

// Regards rbh

#10 2021-08-23 01:24:34

johnraff
nullglob
Website

This issue looks to be closely connected with rbh's bug report here:
https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=7763

As far as I can tell at this point, the problem arises because Debian Buster changed its suite name from Stable to Oldstable.
The version of Debian-Installer that was built into our last iso seems to hang at the point where the debian mirror is detected, waiting for user confirmation that the suite name change is OK (which can't be given).

More details in the above thread, but I think we'll need to do a rebuild of the Lithium iso to incorporate the latest Debian-Installer.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to choose 'ignore' or 'continue' when the installer hits a problem, and add the missing entries to /etc/apt/sources.list after installation. Then in a terminal:

sudo apt update
bl-welcome

should run OK.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer