You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-21 14:08:33

sexynsmartjenny

file manager freezes, and won't restart after xkill

So after I installed the most current version of bunsenlabs, I've been running into some glitches that weren't there before, and this file manager issue is very new to me.

Several times file manager freezes, and so after I use the "xkill" command to kill it, file manager just won't restart.

Does anyone know why?

#2 2021-08-21 17:07:45

rbh

Re: file manager freezes, and won't restart after xkill

sexynsmartjenny wrote:

So after I installed the most current version of bunsenlabs, I've been running into some glitches that weren't there before, and this file manager issue is very new to me.

Several times file manager freezes, and so after I use the "xkill" command to kill it, file manager just won't restart.

Does anyone know why?

Is it any difference which file-manager you use (quite many to choose from...)

Does the process really quit clean, or is it only the gui that disapear and the process turns to a zombie?

Htop will show you that and show total memory and cpu load.
Check before  it hangs, when you kill the file-manager and after.

As I have written before, glances, also give you info about detailed diskactivity. Good to check. If you have another pc, you can watch glances from another healthy pc.

Have you mounted network shares? Any difference if you don't mount the networkshares?

Have you checked disk-health (smartctl)

Any errors in logs?

Same behavior if you run BL-Live session?

There is a lot of info you have to share...

// Regards rbh

Please read before requesting help: Guide to getting help,
Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop and other help topics under "Help Resources" on the BunsenLabs menu

Board footer