You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-22 11:56:36

b197rt

Customized ISO

I loved the Fever Room theme and I wanted to share how I customized a BunsenLabs ISO with the theme already set up in live boot.

First I created a directory named ISO and inside this directory copied the 'lithium-2.1-amd64.hybrid.iso' to it.  I then mounted said ISO to a new directory named 'mnt'.

Commands:

$ sudo mount -o loop lithium-2.1-amd64.hybrid.iso mnt/

$ mkdir cd/

$ cd /mnt ; cp -av * ../cd/

$ cd ../cd/live/ ; sudo unsquashfs cd/live/filesystem.squashfs

I then removed the original filesystem.squashfs and replaced any dotfiles I needed into the new squashfs-root directory.

Then I both generated a new filesystem.size and created new md5sums:

# printf $(du -sx --block-size=1 squashfs-root/ | cut -f1) > cd/live/filesystem.size

# rm -f cd/md5sum.txt && (find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum | grep -v isolinux/boot.cat | tee md5sum.txt)

From here, I created a new filesystem.squashfs:

$ cd ../ ; sudo mksquashfs squashfs-root/ cd/live/filesystem.squashfs ; rm -rf squashfs-root/

I copied the Syslinux via dd:

$ sudo dd if=lithium-2.1-amd64.hybrid.iso bs=1 count=432 of=cd/isohdpfx.bin

Then finally I generated the ISO:

$ cd cd/ ; sudo xorriso -as mkisofs -U  -allow-lowercase -r -V 'BL-Fever-Room' -o BL_Fever-Room.iso -R -isohybrid-mbr isohdpfx.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -eltorito-alt-boot -e boot/grub/efi.img -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat -isohybrid-apm-hfsplus . 

I can confirm it boots on both Legacy and UEFI machines.

I'll update this soon with a more streamlined process instead of cd-ing all over the filesystem.

Last edited by b197rt (2021-06-22 12:04:40)

Board footer