You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-03 22:09:05

juancuyo

How do I make Dolphin the default browser?

Hello, good afternoon, I have installed the Dolphin browser which is more practical for some options, but when using Twitter, Telegram, Facebook the Thunar file browser opens. How do I make Dolphin the default browser? I can't find the option to change it

#2 2021-03-04 03:17:08

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: How do I make Dolphin the default browser?

I guess you mean the Dolphin file manager, not the Dolphin Browser which is not available for linux?

The first thing you can do is to set the BunsenLabs default "bl-file-manager" to dolphin. Unfortunately dolphin is not in the default list of alternative file managers configured out of the box (it will be added) and the GUI app "galternatives" is a little tricky with adding a new alternative, so let's add dolphin manually on the command line. In a terminal, run this:

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/bl-file-manager bl-file-manager /usr/bin/dolphin 45

If you now open the GUI on menu > System > Edit Debian Alternatives and scroll down to bl-file-manager you should see both Thunar and Dolphin. Click Dolphin if it is not already selected.

Now keyboard shortcuts like Win+F, and other utilities should bring up Dolphin instead of Thunar.

However, web-based services like Twitter will depend on your web browser to call a file manager, so you might have to configure that as well.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#3 2021-03-04 19:48:56

juancuyo

Re: How do I make Dolphin the default browser?

Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much, it is solved. I am a BunsenLabs user but I have no programming skills. This OS works very well on my PC and this file browser has not affected the fluidity of the PC at all  wink  smile

Board footer