You are not logged in.

#26 2021-02-24 06:17:18

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: A Collection of GTK Tweaks, Fixes & Settings

johnraff wrote:

and for a while it shows in the output of 'gsettings list-recursively org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser', but makes no difference to the appearance of the geany or mousepad "open" dialogue window, and eventually reverts to "path-bar" anyway.

That's what got me confused! The filechooser always and immediately reverts back to path-bar.

I searched, and found this and ultimately this. The issue was closed by some bigwig who also made the incredibly arrogant comment "It is a private gtk setting, you don't really have any business tweaking it. It may disappear at any point." Once again, it makes me hate GTK3.

FWIW, Ctrl-L will activate & highlight the filename entry, but the same happens when you just start to type - and there's a difference if you start typing with / or a letter. Neat, actually.
Ctrl-V also seems to work. Copying filenames is possible, but not complete paths.

A request: please read this thread and if possible, leave a comment. I believe this concerns us all.

BL quote proposals to this thread please.

#27 2021-02-24 11:13:22

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: A Collection of GTK Tweaks, Fixes & Settings

ohnonot wrote:

The issue was closed by some bigwig who also made the incredibly arrogant comment "It is a private gtk setting, you don't really have any business tweaking it. It may disappear at any point." Once again, it makes me hate GTK3.

Good grief. roll

FWIW, Ctrl-L will activate & highlight the filename entry, but the same happens when you just start to type - and there's a difference if you start typing with / or a letter. Neat, actually.
Ctrl-V also seems to work. Copying filenames is possible, but not complete paths.

Thanks for that, anyway.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer