You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-28 15:21:28

rbh

BL-Packages and BL-iso

Hi.

I uncompressed Litium iso, looked in /pool for package bunsen-themes. Could not fund it or any other BL-packages.

Are they in initramfs? They ain't downloaded during installation?

// Regards rbh

#2 2021-01-28 16:40:03

sleekmason
zoom
Website

Re: BL-Packages and BL-iso

rbh wrote:

Hi.

I uncompressed Litium iso, looked in /pool for package bunsen-themes. Could not fund it or any other BL-packages.

Are they in initramfs? They ain't downloaded during installation?

Maybe copy the files over from a live session?
Edit*  yes, probably downloaded.  Would need to be in live, or install to retrieve.

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-01-28 16:41:08)

#3 2021-01-28 17:19:18

twoion
ほやほや

No, the ISO should have all packages IIRC. I'm unfamiliar with the anatomy of a liveced ISO but among the squashfs etc there should be something in there. Maybe the package is there in "installed" state (not as a .deb).

Music makes us braver

#4 2021-01-28 22:35:48

sleekmason
zoom
Website

twoion wrote:

No, the ISO should have all packages IIRC. I'm unfamiliar with the anatomy of a liveced ISO but among the squashfs etc there should be something in there. Maybe the package is there in "installed" state (not as a .deb).

True that is the way to normally do it, but Bunsenlabs has their own repos, with other packages available for download.  I had guessed the repo lines were included during the build to grab those as well.

*Edit - And that is more of a question than a statement.  I do not presume to know.

*Edit #2 -  Okay got it.  Yeah, should be there.  Don't know why I wasn't seeing that clearly.  The iso is the iso  roll Was just thinking of the packages to download vs shoving them in /usr/themes.  The resultant ISO doesn't care in the least.

Last edited by sleekmason (2021-01-29 00:24:50)

#5 2021-01-29 01:55:59

johnraff
nullglob
Website

As @twoion said, the iso ships a system already set up, compressed as a squashfs. The squashfs is unpacked and used for a live session, and also gets copied onto the hard disk during install. All the packages are already installed, and while the apt sources lists are correctly written, packages aren't upgraded during the install - that has to be done by the user post-install, manually or via bl-welcome.

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer